Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Allegiant (G4) New Route BLI-ANC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Allegiant (G4) New Route BLI-ANC

Interesting announcement this morning (from the competition) nonstop to ANC from BLI, starting in May

Last edited by CZBB; Jan 15, 2019 at 9:51 am
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
To clarify, it’s on Allegiant. I’ll be interested to see how it does.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:06 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
I was really hoping for a PAE to Anchorage, but that hasn’t happened :-((

I don’t have any stats for Bellingham, but perhaps they want to provide competition for the seasonal Air Canada flight?

Last edited by DUT; Jan 15, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Just my opinion, but I think PAE-ANC would almost be a no-brainer if/when mainline comes to PAE.

BLI-ANC will probably draw from Snohomish County all the way up to Vancouver/Abbotsford. I wish them well and hope it succeeds. I don’t think it will impact YVR-ANC on AC too much.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
I welcome the competition. B4 draws a different crowd like leisure travelers so it won't have much impact on business travelers flying SEA to ANC. But I hope this competition will help drive down AS' summer fare SEA to ANC, negating the effects on standard fares from the X fares. Any competition in SEA will ground AS to reality and take out their arrogance (along with high ticket price) that thinking they own the PNW.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Wrong IATA code.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Chugach
I don’t think it will impact YVR-ANC on AC too much.
BLI-ANC is a route that gets a big boost by avoiding the U.S. & Canadian inspection charges on a CAN/USA/CAN itinerary, much like Buffalo-MIA vs. Toronto-MIA. From ITA Matrix for AC YVR-ANC-YVR:

Canadian Goods and Services Tax (XG)CA$26.61
United States Immigration User Fee (XY)CA$9.30
United States Customs User Fee (YC)CA$7.70
United States APHIS Passenger Fee Passengers (XA)CA$5.30
Vancouver Airport Improvement Fee (SQ)CA$20.00
US International Arrival Tax (US)CA$49.40
Canadian Air Travelers Security Charge (CA)CA$12.10
US September 11th Security Fee (AY)CA$7.40
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF)CA$4.00

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jan 16, 2019 at 6:45 pm Reason: it didn't paste well
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Good for G4!

Perhaps AS will have a PAE-ANC flight start up?

Although the shuttle service SEA-ANC is nice to have.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
I hope AS tries growing the ANC -> smaller-WA-market routes again. I enjoyed the (short lived) ANC-GEG and feel that PAE and BLI would be good candidates as well.

Also, B4 isn't the code for Allegiant. It's G4
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Just my opinion, but I think PAE-ANC would almost be a no-brainer if/when mainline comes to PAE.

BLI-ANC will probably draw from Snohomish County all the way up to Vancouver/Abbotsford. I wish them well and hope it succeeds. I don’t think it will impact YVR-ANC on AC too much.
I'm basically waiting for the PAE-ANC announcement from AS after G4 announced this. Afterall the timeline on Hawaii went
G4 announces BLI-Hawaii
AS announces BLI-Hawaii
AS introduces BLI-Hawaii
G4 gets their 757s to Hawaii

I can't see Alaska standing idly by, they've never really likes having Allegiant in their turf. I don't see any reason they need to wait for mainline, a QX/OO E170 will happily fly BLI-ANC or PAE-ANC
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
Interesting. Always glad to see more service at BLI and hope it continues from AS as well.

Though they still are resisting my personal plea for a PDX-JNU flight...
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by BW Flyer
I welcome the competition. B4 draws a different crowd like leisure travelers so it won't have much impact on business travelers flying SEA to ANC. But I hope this competition will help drive down AS' summer fare SEA to ANC, negating the effects on standard fares from the X fares. Any competition in SEA will ground AS to reality and take out their arrogance (along with high ticket price) that thinking they own the PNW.
While I sort of get where you're coming from, there's actually a LOT of seasonal competition between the PNW and ANC.
Delta increases their fflights.
JetBlew shows up.
American shows up.
Sun Country picks a random new city every year to fly to ANC from.
Air Canada.

Frontier used to come in.
Virgin American tried it once.

And prices get pretty good during those months. I've seen $79 pretty frequently ANC-SEA, and roughly the same for ANC-PDX.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by CZBB
I don't see any reason they need to wait for mainline, a QX/OO E170 will happily fly BLI-ANC or PAE-ANC
BLI is a Q400 only QX station right now, no? And using a E-175 means ANC needs to be able to handle them. The last time AS tried the Q400s in Alaska it flopped, are the E175s going to work better?

(Too bad AS is so Boeing-hidebound, those A220s DL has look sweet and just the right size for certain markets.)

Also, hard for me to believe AS can sustain BLI-ANC when they can't even sustain BLI-PDX or BLI-LAS.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
BLI is a Q400 only QX station right now, no?
BLI has 737 service to SEA and OGG.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CZBB
I'm basically waiting for the PAE-ANC announcement from AS after G4 announced this. Afterall the timeline on Hawaii went
G4 announces BLI-Hawaii
AS announces BLI-Hawaii
AS introduces BLI-Hawaii
G4 gets their 757s to Hawaii

I can't see Alaska standing idly by, they've never really likes having Allegiant in their turf. I don't see any reason they need to wait for mainline, a QX/OO E170 will happily fly BLI-ANC or PAE-ANC
Actually, G4 who tried BLI-Hawaii before and it didn't workout so well. They pulling out of Hawaii flight completely. Due to low demand.

To clarify, it’s on Allegiant. I’ll be interested to see how it does.
I'm actually agree with you. We shall see what happen. This is first-ever served to Alaska.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.