Wiki Posts
Search

AS Miles Crediting Help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
AS Miles Crediting Help

I just flew LAX-NRT-HAN in PE on JAL metal booked on AA.com I have both boarding passes and though I put my AS FF# in the reservation on AA it does not show on my JAL boarding pass. How long do I wait for it to post, anything to do in meantime, what to do next if miles do not post?

Same question on my return in J on Cathay Dragon HAN-HKG I credited to AA, and the big one Cathay F HKG-SFO, Again I do not see my AS FF# on boarding pass though I have credited from Cathay to AS before? Do I go on the JAL and Cathay accounts and try to figure it there? There was a name change adding my middle name on the Cathay flight last minute so maybe the FF information did not make it through.

Thank You
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Requests must meet these criteria:
  • Submitted at least 7 days after Alaska flight date (or 14 days after partner flight date)
https://www.alaskaair.com/MileagePlan/retrocredit

They're definitely going to make you wait the 14 days before they'll do anything for you...Alaska can take the better part of a week to post miles from flights on their own metal.

Once the 14 days passes, from what I recall it should be relatively painless assuming the miles haven't credited to any other FF accounts, which it sounds like they won't have.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:59 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
FYI for future trips, if you’re booking anywhere other than the operating carrier’s own website, go to the operating carrier’s site after booking (or contact them via social media or phone) to confirm/add frequent flier numbers and any special requests. It’s extremely common for things not to carry over across systems.
jinglish likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by tonei
FYI for future trips, if you’re booking anywhere other than the operating carrier’s own website, go to the operating carrier’s site after booking (or contact them via social media or phone) to confirm/add frequent flier numbers and any special requests. It’s extremely common for things not to carry over across systems.
Good advice and thank you. I did just that except that my AS account did not have my middle name matching my passport. When the carriers last minute changed them it knocked out my AS crediting info. FYI JAL did not seem to care that my middle name was not included on ticket.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Also, when flying international I always try to get a physical ticket on paper since generally you have to talk to a front desk agent anyway to have them verify your passport validity. Having the paper ticket is nice so that if I need to follow-up with AS I just have more documentation. If you notice your AS FF# is not on the boarding pass, you can ask them to add it there at the desk and reprint the ticket so you have the # documented on the ticket.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you get a physical ticket on paper? Do you call the airline and ask them to mail it to you? I literally have not seen one of these in decades (since I was a kid and my mom used to book travel by driving over to the travel agent's office and talking to an agent)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
How do you get a physical ticket on paper? Do you call the airline and ask them to mail it to you? I literally have not seen one of these in decades (since I was a kid and my mom used to book travel by driving over to the travel agent's office and talking to an agent)
Read "ticket" as "boarding pass" here.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ohhhh. yeah ok I get those all the time I'm paranoid about my phone dying when I get to the front of the security line.
tobikosan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.