Wiki Posts
Search

Snack's for the FA's?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Robt760
Nice gesture, but depends on when it’s given. I’d say it’s most appropriate after most of the service is complete or 1/2 way through the flight.

Giving something during boarding is greasing wheels/not cool IMO. That’s bribery.
Handing chocolates over at boarding is standard practice for deadheading FAs when flying on other airlines. I've seen it many many many times.

Neil
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I like to bring onboard some items once in a while- FA's are appreciative.

Captain yesterday was happy too- usually don't bring for flight crew- but he looked hungry
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by philemer
I remember a FT member saying that he usually passed out Tootsie Roll Pops and they were well accepted.
That's goalie over on the UA forum. He's brought them along to some Bay Area FT dinners, too.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by missamo80
No it's not. It's offering chocolate to be nice, brighten someone's day, and spark a conversation (if the FAs are interested). I've spent many an international flight in the back galley hearing amazing stories from FAs, seen photos of trips to Thailand, discovered mutual friends, etc. etc. etc.

More often than not the FA will offer something return, which I usually decline. I've been forced to take two extra bottles of Bailey's, offered entire bottles of wine when deplaning, free F&C plates, snack packs, cookies from first class with ice cream, etc. But that's not why I do it. I do it to be nice and brighten their day.

But nobody's saying you have to do this, and honestly the fewer people that do the better. Then there's more room for me in the back galley

Neil
^^
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
I have seen FC FA's eating the meals and desserts not consumed so they aren't starving.
Does AS provide crew meals?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.