Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Multi Segment: GGU Applied at Booking, U Not Available all Legs

Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Hi FT team:

Question for you all. I have a multi city trip that I booked with GGUs. Not all legs had U space available, but I was upgraded on those that did. U space recently opened up on the other legs. Two questions: 1) will I be automatically upgraded when the processor runs? 2) if not, can I call in and ask to be upgraded? / will I need to burn more GGUs?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Call in and ask. GGUs are not waitlistable.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
They should be able to accommodate without charging you another by phone if connections are within 4 hours.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Yes, the flights were within 4 hours so they were able to upgrade me.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Doesn't have to be within 4 hours. As long as it's part of the same itinerary (not a mult- city booking). Example, had an itinerary, LIH-SAN-BOS, layover in SAN was 7 hours, U avail at booking LIH-SAN, later SAN-BOS showed, called and it was added.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by thepinenuts
Doesn't have to be within 4 hours. As long as it's part of the same itinerary (not a mult- city booking). Example, had an itinerary, LIH-SAN-BOS, layover in SAN was 7 hours, U avail at booking LIH-SAN, later SAN-BOS showed, called and it was added.
Yes, it does have to be within 4 hours. That's the policy and that's why longer connections cannot be processed online. Like many things, an exception can be granted, but should not be expected.
be_rettSEA and Flying for Fun like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.