Wiki Posts
Search

ANC Alaska Lounge Is Getting a Facelift

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by kileysmom
Are those horrible blue chairs replacing the upholstered ones or will they be used in a sort of dining area with the stools used along the window "desks?" OMG... if those are the new sitting area chairs, the gates will be more comfortable. My old bones just won't be happy.
I believe that those will replace the black bistro tables at ANC and the SEA D AL's. Just my guess.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Heavens! I hope so! I've been in lounges that are almost all bistro tables and miserable chairs.....ugh! For some reason it seems those are where I end up with a long connection time and then bruises! Hey, BobW, how do you like this heat wave?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kileysmom
Hey, BobW, how do you like this heat wave?
At this time of year I prefer the cold, clear days over the warmer, cloudy ones. Cold and clear extends the daylight. Clouds mean it gets dark earlier. But we are getting back almost 4 minutes a day now, so the worst is over.
pcoll and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(Why do I think that the next time I see the OP, my Col Solare will have been substituted with Boone's Farm.)
I used Annie Green Springs and you didn't even notice
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I'd like to see them repair the USB ports in the seating area kisoks on floor 1 of the SEA AL. Several of them were out of service when I passed through yesterday....

It appears they fell due to overuse or misuse....
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Where will they use those bar stools? There's not enough of a bar to warrant them. Ah - perhaps the window sill seats. I sat there the other day and thought the seats were just fine. No wear and tear. Hopefully those were just sample <-> stools that you saw... Interestingly, none of the pictures of the new N Satellite facility in Seattle show such plain and basic furnishings, so perhaps these cheap seats will be limited to ANC? Then again, perhaps they were just brought in as samples and will hopefully be declined in favor of something more appropriate to a proper airline lounge.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Where will they use those bar stools? There's not enough of a bar to warrant them. Ah - perhaps the window sill seats. I sat there the other day and thought the seats were just fine. No wear and tear. Hopefully those were just sample <-> stools that you saw... Interestingly, none of the pictures of the new N Satellite facility in Seattle show such plain and basic furnishings, so perhaps these cheap seats will be limited to ANC? Then again, perhaps they were just brought in as samples and will hopefully be declined in favor of something more appropriate to a proper airline lounge.
They have similar blue plastic chairs at the JFK lounge, but that is just at the eating area by the pancake machine and coffee bar. Lots of more comfortable seating available, and hopefully the same will be true for the ANC lounge.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
They have similar blue plastic chairs at the JFK lounge, but that is just at the eating area by the pancake machine and coffee bar. Lots of more comfortable seating available, and hopefully the same will be true for the ANC lounge.
That makes sense. There are three or four tables for eating/socializing and the stools could go up along the window counter. Are they modelling this after the C Concourse lounge at SEA in terms of colors? It'll be interesting to see the results.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
They have similar blue plastic chairs at the JFK lounge.
Although I did not pick one up, I am very sure they are metal, not plastic.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
ANC AL is closing at 9pm for renovation as of last Monday (2/25).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Here they are, still in storage at the ANC AL.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
So it's BYOBC then? *bring your own butt cushion*
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrAlex
Probably. They appear to be designed to make you want to leave so you don't sit on them too long. It's an old restaurant trick to turn the tables more quickly. Also, note that they are only chairs, no stools. The stack is bases. You will see the backs still wrapped up on the counter behind the bases.
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Asked a few weeks ago and the agents said they were *not* using those chairs.
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by DrAlex
just like flying on Spirit Airlines?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.