Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Fed shutdown and Paine Field (Everett)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fed shutdown and Paine Field (Everett)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I'm actually quite happy to do a PDX turn instead of a LAS turn

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
They're showing on EF, but zero'd out for that day. Mar 5+ is available. And the website still allows purchase of the cancelled flights.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I just got my call from AS. They just moved me to the LAS flight the morning of March 4. Ok, so it's not THE inaugural (at least based on the blog entry). I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a mechanical on the Portland flight.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 98103
I just got my call from AS. They just moved me to the LAS flight the morning of March 4. Ok, so it's not THE inaugural (at least based on the blog entry). I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a mechanical on the Portland flight.
Are you sure you are on the LAS flight out of PAE on the 4th and not a flight out of SEA? The LAS flight out of PAE on the 4th still doesn't show on the Alaska site.

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Oh man, that really louses things up!

I bought three separate tickets for this, only one on Alaska. Looks like I will bite the costs of the other tickets now.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the agent who called me this morning asked if I had received an email regarding the 11 Feb flight ... we both had a good laugh about the fact that the one I had just seen was actually confirming my upgrade to PC

she offered to rebook me out of SEA on 11 Feb, but I was just doing the inaugural turn and have no compelling reason to be in LAS (I'm actually much better off with 4 Mar) ... I of course asked if the PC UG would carry through to the rebooking; she typed for a few seconds and said yes

the confirmation email shows me in F, so I am not complaining at all ... but I do apologize to anyone who may have been farther down in the call queue
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jrl767
the agent who called me this morning asked if I had received an email regarding the 11 Feb flight ... we both had a good laugh about the fact that the one I had just seen was actually confirming my upgrade to PC

she offered to rebook me out of SEA on 11 Feb, but I was just doing the inaugural turn and have no compelling reason to be in LAS (I'm actually much better off with 4 Mar) ... I of course asked if the PC UG would carry through to the rebooking; she typed for a few seconds and said yes

the confirmation email shows me in F, so I am not complaining at all ... but I do apologize to anyone who may have been farther down in the call queue
Which exact flight are you now booked on, and are you sure it is the LAS flight on March 4th out of PAE?

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
And now....

Originally Posted by rustykettel
the NYT is reporting there is a bipartisan deal to reopen the shutttered portions of the Federal government.🙄
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by JPat
the NYT is reporting there is a bipartisan deal to reopen the shutttered portions of the Federal government.🙄
While that's encouraging, still needs to pass and be signed before it's official. In addition, even if FAA were staff were back to work tomorrow, still probably makes sense for AS to push the start date, as FAA staff will be coming back to work and have various priorities to work on in addition to helping AS get their approvals finalized for this. Better (IMO) to push the start now and handle cancellations/re-accommodations than to do so the day before, in the event approvals don't happen in time.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

It took more than 30 minutes on the phone with reservations, but they got me booked on the March 4th flight to PDX. I shouldn't have called in when the blog post hit, I should have waited to get contacted by Alaska. Nobody in reservations knew how to get me on the inaugural flights that are showing as unavailable on the website.

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by JPat
Don't get too excited:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/polit...own/index.html
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by missamo80
Which exact flight are you now booked on, and are you sure it is the LAS flight on March 4th out of PAE?

Neil
my conf emails say AS2777 PAE-LAS and AS2877 LAS-PAE, both on 4 Mar
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:56 pm
vgc

Alaska called me right as I was about to run out to a couple of appointments and changed my PAE-LAS-PAE flight to March 4. I just got home and now I'm finding out it's not the inaugural flight. I tried calling Alaska reservations the agents says they're completely sold out...

Originally Posted by missamo80
It took more than 30 minutes on the phone with reservations, but they got me booked on the March 4th flight to PDX. I shouldn't have called in when the blog post hit, I should have waited to get contacted by Alaska. Nobody in reservations knew how to get me on the inaugural flights that are showing as unavailable on the website.

Neil
Who did you talk to to get booked to PDX?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vgc
Who did you talk to to get booked to PDX?
The agent I spoke with had to go talk to her supervisor to figure out how to get seats opened on the flight for me. It isn't sold out, it's just blocked.

Neil
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

If I had to guess, I'd say Alaska's blocked all the first day flights out so they can try and get people over to the same flight on the first day they were on previously. After that's done if seats are open they'll open the flight for everyone else.

Neil
MagicCarpetRider likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.