Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines flight diversion leads to a 30-hour nightmare for passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines flight diversion leads to a 30-hour nightmare for passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by WebTraveler
Until the situation is reviewed they certainly are. Yes. It could be a quick review or a long review.
My expectations are right on. This is why Alaska is taking a beating on social media and the news media. Guarantee you Alaska lost a bunch of customers for life over this. It is not the crisis itself that caused this - it is how a company responds to the crisis.
The pilots are able to return to service upon completing minimum rest.

I am defending the crew begining their rest period rather than staying at the airport.
AS Flyer and jinglish like this.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 13, 2019 at 2:08 pm Reason: Redact quoted personal attack.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:05 am

Until the situation is reviewed they certainly are. Yes. It could be a quick review or a long review.
this is not true and, unless you have evidence otherwise, I would say you should stop posting this.
jinglish likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
You can say what you want.

Originally Posted by AS Flyer

this is not true and, unless you have evidence otherwise, I would say you should stop posting this.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 13, 2019 at 2:09 pm Reason: Redact personal attack.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
So the crew rest - above all else - and leaving passengers stranded at night in a closed airport is acceptable? It's not. Buffalo is not a 24 hour airport. Alaska has no services. There's no food, water, etc? This spanned 7 hours, My goodness.

Originally Posted by fly18725
The pilots are able to return to service upon completing minimum rest.

I am defending the crew begining their rest period rather than staying at the airport.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 13, 2019 at 2:15 pm Reason: Redact comment that was inflammatory, inciting or unnecessarily provocative. FT Rule 12.3.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:35 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
​​​​​​​
The Captain owns the flight until he passes it off to ground personnel. Here in Buffalo there are zero.
You're the one that stated there are no ground personnel. How do you roll up the ramp to the plane and open the door without them? The firefighters are going to do all that?

Last edited by dayone; Jan 13, 2019 at 2:11 pm Reason: Redact quoted personal attack.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
That's not how it works. The crew remains in service until something is discovered that would indicate that they should be removed from service.
AS Flyer, nookanaya and jinglish like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note: This incident has been hashed and rehashed, with some personal attacks mixed in. Posts have been edited. Time to close.

dayone, AS Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.