Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Fed shutdown and TSA lines. What’s your experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Please use the following template for reporting experiences:

Airport:
Terminal:
Time of day:
Approximate wait time for TSA id check/length of line:
TSA, Priority, Pre?:
Print Wikipost

The Fed shutdown and TSA lines. What’s your experience?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Per the management here at ANC many of them are unable to buy gas to get to work.....those jobs don't pay a lot and they can probably do as well or nearly as well other places....they need help to keep going or even after the shut down ends, the TSA won't have enough employees left to keep lines in the reasonable range we all look for
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
BWI D terminal Pre was backed up pretty far around 3:30 PM yesterday. One agent where there is often two. He was tired and unenthusiastic as one might imagine. Post boarding pass check all seemed normal.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I was just through LAX Terminal 6 security, it was fine and nothing seemed out of the ordinary but it was also 6:30 AM. So it might have just been a little bit too early for a sufficient number of passengers to be in line for problems to manifest

Originally Posted by JPat
I’m thinking that with another zeroed out paycheck looming on Friday that the TSA labor pool is gonna get appreciably smaller in the days ahead as employees begin to seek out employment that actually pays....
Indeed. I saw an article last night about TSA agents in Hawaii starting to outright quit (instead of just not showing up for work) over the fact that there's no end in sight for the shutdown
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nada of note these days….
There are reports this morning (1/25) of slowdowns along the East Coast.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Have an early morning flight out of SEA this coming week. I was thinking about maybe stopping by Krispy Kreme to pick up a box of donuts for the TSA folks. It would need to be "last night's donuts" though (due to early airport arrival time), so they would lose some of their Essence overnight. Would prefer to make the offering AFTER we've passed through the nudiscope but that may not be possible.
LAX around noon the 24th appeared normal. Some lines, but things were moving.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
PDX at 10:40a on Friday--no one in line at D/E Precheck--it took more time to get my phone into my backpack than get through security. There were only a few people waiting in the regular line. It'll be interesting to see what AUS is like on Sunday afternoon.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Well, looks like things should be going back to normal - for at least 3 weeks

Hope they get those paychecks out to the TSA, and all federal workers, ASAP.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.