Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)

Old May 15, 2019, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Eonflux
I've got 2 J seats booked on Cathay from JFK-HKG at the end of May. Looking to upgrade to F, anyone know if there is a good chance Cathay will release some F seats? I looked up revenue seats on Cathay website and see that they only have 2 F seats left to sell for cash so it doesn't look like there are a lot available. Should I be hawking BA and QF sites every day till departure and see if they made those available?
With 2 left, the odds are not in your favor.
Old May 15, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BenA
Successfully booked SEA-HKG-ICN in J. HKG-ICN is unfortunately a redeye on the surprisingly terrible looking regional business class A330, but I'll deal because the times are so perfect. Notably, I was offered inventory over the phone that didn't exist on ba.com, so this is another data point that the two booking channels are not directly equivalent.

I too got dinged with the over the phone booking fee, and despite my mild protesting the agent was unable to waive it. She agreed it was ridiculous.

If they're gonna charge me a phone booking fee, can I vote that they reinvest the profits on more than 20 seconds of hold music?
I flew the A330 Regional J seats BKK-HKG in April. It wasn't that bad. Had a window seat. Nice big recliner with a good IFE. Excellent dinner service!
Old May 15, 2019, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
With 2 left, the odds are not in your favor.
Lol yea I think it doesn't look good, they might even fly with 2 empty F seats if they can't sell it from past data points.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: CX Gold, HH Diamond, SQ Gold
I am currently travelling in the UK and need to call Alaska for a CX redemption.

Would anybody know the best local / toll-free number to call for the Mileage Plan partner redemption desk please?

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by premlb
I am currently travelling in the UK and need to call Alaska for a CX redemption.

Would anybody know the best local / toll-free number to call for the Mileage Plan partner redemption desk please?

Thanks.

Listed on the AlaskaAir.com website.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ab...s#reservations

International contact numbers

If you are travelling internationally and need to contact Alaska Airlines reservations, call the international toll-free numbers below.
For assistance from countries not listed, call 001-206-244-0751 (this is not a toll-free number).

Note: these numbers only work from land lines. To make international calls from your mobile, you may need to activate international dialing features - contact your cell phone provider for help.
Country
United Kingdom 001-800-2527522
Old May 15, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: CX Gold, HH Diamond, SQ Gold
Thanks skimthetrees.
Old May 15, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
If you have international texting you can text AS at 82008. They fulfilled my request from ICN.

James
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:39 pm

...or if you have Gmail and are connected to WiFi, you can make the call to the regular number from your computer. Same from your phone if you have Google Voice or GV through Hangouts.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
If you have international texting you can text AS at 82008. They fulfilled my request from ICN.

James
You can book a ticket through the reservations texting?
Old May 16, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
You can book a ticket through the reservations texting?
I don't have a definitive answer on that. I was canceling an existing award redemption. The text goes through to an agent that you would speak to if voice calling.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; May 16, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Old May 16, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was told that they could not book anything. That was a while ago though; maybe they can now.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
CX F booked for JFK-YVR in October. Availability matched up perfectly with BA.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I don't have a definitive answer on that. I was canceling an existing award redemption. The text goes through to an agent that you would speak to if voice calling.

James
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I was told that they could not book anything. That was a while ago though; maybe they can now.
I didn't think so but i wasn't expecting the cancel answer either as the AS site only indicates limited options

Our text team can help you with these issues:
  • Flight status – info on flight delays and schedule changes
  • Adding a service/emotional support animal to your reservation
  • Adding a frequent flyer number to a reservation
  • Seat assignments
  • Requesting accessible travel services
  • Upgrades – opt in or opt out
Old May 16, 2019, 5:02 pm

HKG to SIN, no availability

Im trying to book ORD -HKG <stopover> HKG-SIN in early/mid December. Although I have found a few options for the ORD-HKG leg there is no HKG-SIN (or even SIN-HKG) availability in November, December. HKG-KUL is also an option, but there's no availability on that route either. CX flies these routes multiple times daily. Anybody know what's going on? Or how likely it is anything will open up?

Thanks
Old May 16, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by lawyeraaron
Im trying to book ORD -HKG <stopover> HKG-SIN in early/mid December. Although I have found a few options for the ORD-HKG leg there is no HKG-SIN (or even SIN-HKG) availability in November, December. HKG-KUL is also an option, but there's no availability on that route either. CX flies these routes multiple times daily. Anybody know what's going on? Or how likely it is anything will open up?

Thanks
Two words, "married segments". In that time frame CX is restricting HKG-SIN availability to partners to married segment only. If you have an ORD-SIN with a less than 24 hour connection in HKG there is HKG-SIN availability but partners cannot book HKG-SIN on its own for those dates now. At some point later CX will probably open up unmarried availability to partners but who knows how much space will be left by then? If this were on JAL you could book ORD-TYO-SIN without a stopover and once it tickets you could change the ORD-TYO segment date (AS could forcibly break JL married segments which is not possible through some other partners because it wasn't meant to be done). I am not sure if AS can do the same for CX but that is your only option at this point. Book married and see if AS can switch the ORD-HKG leg after booking. If they cannot then you will have to wait until CX releases unmarried availability on HKG-SIN. If you do this please do not request "breaking a married segment" otherwise they might realize this is a hole that needs to be plugged. Just ask to change the date of the ORD-HKG leg.
allset2travel likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.