Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)

Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability (2019-2022)

Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
You want to use the "JMB Partner Airlines Award Tickets" tab and select Cathay Pacific as the partner airlines. The reason it errors out right away may be because you have not logged in. I mentioned in my previous post you must be logged in to search. Click on the Japan Airlines logo at the top to get to the main page to log-in, then return to the search page and search. I deep linked the partner search page because it can be difficult to find from the home page but the drawback is you will get an error immediately unless you are already logged in.
I was logged in. But I do notice a little glitch on their website where when your session expires, it still says you're logged in. So I just had to a manual logout. But now that I played with the JMB tab long enough, I was able to observe that JNB-HKG errors out every time, but JNB-JFK works.

So an update: Called about half an hour before end of business day. Agent was unable to find JNB-HKG, but could find HKG-JFK, so I was just going to do HKG-JFK and add JNB-HKG later. She was able to get a CX confirmation # was unable to issue ticket. So she transferred me to support, who was able to find JNB-HKG too. So I was finally got my ticket! Now just hoping that CX won't be removing F space through Labor Day...
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:57 am

I'm trying to book BOS-HKT and then BKK-JFK, separate one-ways, no stopover in HKG. Found 2x J on all segments on aa as well as ba and jal, called AS but agent can only see 1 J seat on all segments. Am I doing anything wrong here?

Last edited by dcht; Oct 27, 2021 at 9:08 am
Old Oct 27, 2021, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by dcht
I'm trying to book BOS-HKT and then BKK-JFK, separate one-ways, no stopover in HKG. Found 2x J on all segments on aa as well as ba and jal, called AS but agent can only see 1 J seat on all segments. Am I doing anything wrong here?
Do 2 tickets show up if you search all of
BOS-HKG
HKG-HKT
BOS-HKT
and same for the return?
Old Oct 27, 2021, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Do 2 tickets show up if you search all of
BOS-HKG
HKG-HKT
BOS-HKT
and same for the return?
Yes, 2x J shows up for all
Old Oct 27, 2021, 11:35 am

Called again and had agent check both BOS-HKG and BOS-HKT and saw only 1 seat for both. She said sometimes that 2nd seat is given only to CX.

FWIW I called the international number (206-244-0751) because for some reason when I call 1-800-252-7522 I'm not able to connect.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 5:58 pm

I'm trying to book 2x business class (well, ideally first, but that is just a dream now-a-days) JFK-HKG-SIN for Sept/Oct next year. AA, JL, QF web sites all show availability but when I call Alaska they tell me that there is nothing available and use words like "they haven't posted them to us yet." Reading above it seems like this is fairly common, that AS is not seeing same availability as other OneWorld. Agent suggest calling back in a few weeks. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
DAK
Old Nov 13, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by dkerr
I'm trying to book 2x business class (well, ideally first, but that is just a dream now-a-days) JFK-HKG-SIN for Sept/Oct next year. AA, JL, QF web sites all show availability but when I call Alaska they tell me that there is nothing available and use words like "they haven't posted them to us yet." Reading above it seems like this is fairly common, that AS is not seeing same availability as other OneWorld. Agent suggest calling back in a few weeks. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
DAK
If you are looking for flights in September or early October I suggest calling back ASAP and following the previous advice in this thread, calling the Partner Desk number during business hours. I am seeing 2 Business Class seats all over the calendar in September and into early October. Sounds like you did not reach a competent agent.

If you are attempting to book a round trip try one-ways.

1 F award per flight is probably all you will find on CX these days for partners so if you need 2 seats Business is in your future.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by dcht
Called again and had agent check both BOS-HKG and BOS-HKT and saw only 1 seat for both. She said sometimes that 2nd seat is given only to CX.

FWIW I called the international number (206-244-0751) because for some reason when I call 1-800-252-7522 I'm not able to connect.
Following up on my post from a few weeks ago. Tried calling AS again and they were now able to find 2 J seats on the flights I wanted. Weird.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: IC SpAmb, SPG/Marr Plat, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Adding another DP.. even though I called the partner number, I was still transferred to the regular agent (I believe) both times. In both calls, the first agent was not able to find 2 seats in U-class for my preferred flight and had to settle for 2 seats on a different flight (different time/date). Then after a long hold, they transferred me to the "international desk" where I then asked the second agent to re-check availability on my preferred flight. Lo and behold, 2 seats were available which matches what JAL and BA were showing and she was able to ticket me on my preferred flight (even though first agent had said was not available).
mixmastermark and reggiekush like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:14 pm

So, called back this afternoon and found a Alaska agent that knew what she was doing. So I have lucked out on 1xF and 1xJ on flights JFK-HKG-SIN and back for end Sept. I could have got 2xJ but given one F was available I grabbed it (in my wife's name). In the old days there was a good chance of getting a 2nd F much closer to flight time, but I am pretty certain that we will be flying in separate cabins this time. Oh well.

David
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:57 pm

I had 2x J tickets for SFO-BKK (CX851, CX705) for May 2021. CX851 has been canceled. I called Alaska and the agent couldn't get me on a different CX flight in J. Is this a HUCA situation or can they not do anything as CX has no J award space available?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by mattdk88
I had 2x J tickets for SFO-BKK (CX851, CX705) for May 2021. CX851 has been canceled. I called Alaska and the agent couldn't get me on a different CX flight in J. Is this a HUCA situation or can they not do anything as CX has no J award space available?
Yikes! I have the exact same itinerary (CX 851 and CX 705) for 28 May 2022 for 4 pax in J (booked using AA miles) but my return CX704 (BKK-HKG) and CX872 (HKG-SFO) I booked using AS miles.

I have not heard of any cancellations and when I login the CX website it still shows as my flights are confirmed. @mattdk88 do you mean that all CX851 flights are canceled/unavailable? Mine still shows as confirmed as of now. Did you mean to say May 2021 or May 2022?
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by kayexalate
Yikes! I have the exact same itinerary (CX 851 and CX 705) for 28 May 2022 for 4 pax in J (booked using AA miles) but my return CX704 (BKK-HKG) and CX872 (HKG-SFO) I booked using AS miles.

I have not heard of any cancellations and when I login the CX website it still shows as my flights are confirmed. @mattdk88 do you mean that all CX851 flights are canceled/unavailable? Mine still shows as confirmed as of now. Did you mean to say May 2021 or May 2022?
My Alaska app is showing a schedule change and that's how I found out about it.

The last time CX851 flew was Oct 24, I haven't kept up with CX schedules to know if the flight will come back.

Yes, I did mean may 2021.

I'll call again and see if I get a different answer.
kayexalate likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by mattdk88
CX851 appears to have gone to 1x / week in May. It only departs on Saturdays. Looks like you picked the wrong day to fly. They also have 1x CX873 on Wednesdays.

You did not accept the changes did you? Pick out CX flights that are operating and call and ask Alaska to contact the Cathay Pacific Liaison and work with them to move your flights to the flights you request. Quite a few folks have had success with this method in the past.

Originally Posted by kayexalate

CX851 appears to have gone to 1x / week in May. It only departs on Saturdays. Congratulations you picked the right day to fly.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
CX851 appears to have gone to 1x / week in May. It only departs on Saturdays. Looks like you picked the wrong day to fly. They also have 1x CX873 on Wednesdays.

CX851 appears to have gone to 1x / week in May. It only departs on Saturdays. Congratulations you picked the right day to fly.
Best post of the day, hands down

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.