Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I've not seen a posted weight limit for carry-on bags, and have never seen AS (or other legacy US carrier for that matter) weigh carry-ons. I'd say so long as you're able to place it in the overhead bins, and it's not so heavy that it breaks the bins, you should have no issue.
Thank you. And that's I figured as well. ^
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Do any US carriers impose a weight limit on carry-ons? I've only encountered it while traveling internationally... but then again I mostly only fly AS domestically and obviously they don't weigh it.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
What happens if you cancel an award ticket on AS metal booked through alaskaair.com?

What happens to the miles?
What happens to the taxes and fees?
Do the answers to the above change if is an international flight?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by twitch76
What happens if you cancel an award ticket on AS metal booked through alaskaair.com?

What happens to the miles?
What happens to the taxes and fees?
Do the answers to the above change if is an international flight?
Unless you have a change/cancel fee waiver, it will cost you $125 per ticket to change/cancel your award. The fees and taxes will be refunded to the original form of payment and your points will be returned to your account. If it is a partner award, the $12.50 partner booking fee ($12.50 one-way, $25.00 return) is not refundable for anyone and is therefore forfeited.

James
twitch76 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Unless you have a change/cancel fee waiver, it will cost you $125 per ticket to change/cancel your award. The fees and taxes will be refunded to the original form of payment and your points will be returned to your account. If it is a partner award, the $12.50 partner booking fee ($12.50 one-way, $25.00 return) is not refundable for anyone and is therefore forfeited.

James
I do not have a change/cancel fee waiver.

I think I understand, but just to be certain: I actually pay $125, and get the miles and taxes/fees back. Is that right?

If I no-show, but let them know, is everything forfeit? Or just the miles?

Lastly, you said $125/ticket... completely displaying my ignorance, but would a round-trip ticket cost $125 to cancel, or $250?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:28 pm

I think I understand, but just to be certain: I actually pay $125, and get the miles and taxes/fees back. Is that right?
Correct!

If I no-show, but let them know, is everything forfeit? Or just the miles?
If you noshow, the ticket is void and there will be no refund of fees, taxes or miles. Any flights beyond the first segment will be canceled, including the return is so booked. If you need to cancel, do so before the flight departs even if it 30 minutes before departure.

Lastly, you said $125/ticket... completely displaying my ignorance, but would a round-trip ticket cost $125 to cancel, or $250?
If you have a return award that was all booked together on one PNR the fee should be $125. Most book awards as one-way tickets. It makes sense to book as a return if flying KE since the one-way rates are the same as return, but only half the points are charged in combination with another partner on a return.

James
twitch76 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: SQ/CX
Hi there,

Pardon me if this had been asked before,
Can I double dip Cathay Pacific Status Credit into Marco Polo and credit miles to AS ?
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by koohansen
Hi there,

Pardon me if this had been asked before,
Can I double dip Cathay Pacific Status Credit into Marco Polo and credit miles to AS ?
No, you cannot double dip. Also status credit and mileage credit cant be split either.
koohansen likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: AS Peon
I'm going to be flying AS1424 SEA-BNA next week on 7/3, which appears to be on an A320 typically. In the last week, this has been on a VX configured plane 6/7 times, so it seems like there is a decent chance that I'll be on a plane with the nice big F seats. I'm MVP, but I'm flying with my SO that has no status, so no chance of upgrades unfortunately. Seat map seems to be relatively open still, so if there happens to still be F seats available when we are able to check in, does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade to F? Might be one of the last chances we get to fly VX F seats on a longer route, and would love to splurge on them if they aren't too ridiculously priced!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by emag_eh7
I'm going to be flying AS1424 SEA-BNA next week on 7/3, which appears to be on an A320 typically. In the last week, this has been on a VX configured plane 6/7 times, so it seems like there is a decent chance that I'll be on a plane with the nice big F seats. I'm MVP, but I'm flying with my SO that has no status, so no chance of upgrades unfortunately. Seat map seems to be relatively open still, so if there happens to still be F seats available when we are able to check in, does anyone know how much it would cost to upgrade to F? Might be one of the last chances we get to fly VX F seats on a longer route, and would love to splurge on them if they aren't too ridiculously priced!
If on a Y S B M or H fare, you can use 15,000 miles to upgrade. Otherwise, cash upgrade is based on distance. More details here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...class-upgrades
emag_eh7 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: AS Peon
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
If on a Y S B M or H fare, you can use 15,000 miles to upgrade. Otherwise, cash upgrade is based on distance. More details here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...class-upgrades
Thanks! Guess I should have looked around a bit more before posting. We're on an L fare, so no miles upgrade option, and it would be $149 per person to upgrade with cash. Guess we'll have to think about it a bit more, and see if the seats even remain open. Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by emag_eh7
I'm going to be flying AS1424 SEA-BNA next week on 7/3, which appears to be on an A320 typically.
ExpertFlyer is ahowing F5 open with 3 assigned, 2A, 2C, 2D and Aircraft as 32S A321-200. Y is looking like 9 Premium & 21 Regular.

U rarely opens on pmVX flights and unsold F are given to Elites once in Gate Control. If the waitlist is short, you could ask the GA to split your PNR so you could be upgraded on status. If they are selling upgrades at the gate, splitting your PNR should get you one seat complimentary and you could pay for the other. Just some thoughts.

James
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
ExpertFlyer is ahowing F5 open with 3 assigned, 2A, 2C, 2D and Aircraft as 32S A321-200. Y is looking like 9 Premium & 21 Regular.

U rarely opens on pmVX flights and unsold F are given to Elites once in Gate Control. If the waitlist is short, you could ask the GA to split your PNR so you could be upgraded on status. If they are selling upgrades at the gate, splitting your PNR should get you one seat complimentary and you could pay for the other. Just some thoughts.

James
Seat map is an A320 (pmVX config) - I have noticed that EF often lists 321s incorrectly.
safari ari likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by DrAlex
Seat map is an A320 (pmVX config) - I have noticed that EF often lists 321s incorrectly.
Thanks, I wasn't sure about that and it didn't seem right. You mean EF isn't always accurate? Oh my! lol I want to fly a reconfigured pmVX plane but wouldn't be happy if it was swapped out.

James
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Thanks, I wasn't sure about that and it didn't seem right. You mean EF isn't always accurate? Oh my! lol I want to fly a reconfigured pmVX plane but wouldn't be happy if it was swapped out.
James
Yeah, I saw my first EF alert fail two weeks ago - one U space was available on a flight this fall and radio silence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.