Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Old May 22, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
Sorry, i'm within the 24hr cancellation policy. Flight is booked for July. I think its a great idea to call back and ask them to look up based on the companion code. Yeah, CC is pending with no transaction number still.
Go into your account and look under the ‘used’ section of the discount and companion codes. It will have the ticket number beside it.
jjmadison likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Question on Condor Airlines I booked FRA to SEA for Sept 30 2019 on Alaska Points. I tried to go to Condor website to look at seats but I am getting an error. How much do seats cost? It looks like $40 each. If I check in at 24 hrs in advance are the wife and I likely to be able to get seats together. A happy wife is a ...... I have no status with Alaska. Thanks
Old May 25, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, HiltonHonors
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Question on Condor Airlines I booked FRA to SEA for Sept 30 2019 on Alaska Points. I tried to go to Condor website to look at seats but I am getting an error. How much do seats cost? It looks like $40 each. If I check in at 24 hrs in advance are the wife and I likely to be able to get seats together. A happy wife is a ...... I have no status with Alaska. Thanks
Last fall I booked an AS award on DE in J class. I was impressed with their product (til our bags were lost, but that's a different story. And that's not what you asked about....) So after I booked the award ticket I believe I was issued a DE confirmation number. Could not do anything online re seat assignments, even in J class. So I called them and was able to get seats right there on the phone. Rather old-fashioned, but it worked. Not sure about about E or PE. Probably worth the call to find out though.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:09 pm

Worth a complaint or no?

On a short hop myself (MVP Gold) with my wife (MVP) were upgraded to first class. Before boarding, my wife was called up to the desk and given a premium class seat because her first class seat was broken. The desk asked for an email address (for compensation?) and we gave them mine. When we boarded, *a* first class seat was broken, but not the one she was supposed to have. While trying to check into the return leg a few days later (which I am in the middle of) I learned our reservations were split, which was slightly annoying to only just learn. None of this is that big a deal but I am still waiting to learn why they asked for my email. Should I expect anything?
Old May 28, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by godlovesugly
On a short hop myself (MVP Gold) with my wife (MVP) were upgraded to first class. Before boarding, my wife was called up to the desk and given a premium class seat because her first class seat was broken. The desk asked for an email address (for compensation?) and we gave them mine. When we boarded, *a* first class seat was broken, but not the one she was supposed to have. While trying to check into the return leg a few days later (which I am in the middle of) I learned our reservations were split, which was slightly annoying to only just learn. None of this is that big a deal but I am still waiting to learn why they asked for my email. Should I expect anything?
Sounds like you were on a former VX Alaska Airbus. In april, AS management decided to stop paying for F seat repairs on pre-refurb Airbus planes because it is cheaper for them to give out apology discount coupons instead. So yes, you should definitely write in and get such a coupon.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:15 pm

Anyone know if the companion pass can be used to purchase an extra seat for an in cabin cello?
Old May 30, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by whistler814
Anyone know if the companion pass can be used to purchase an extra seat for an in cabin cello?
You should be able to. A normal extra seat ("comfort seat") or passenger of size seat can be used with the companion pass.
whistler814 likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA MM
I know FTers don't sit in the back of the bus, but I have no status on AS since they split from the AA family. But I don't want to board in the last group and have to check my smallish bag which has too much of value. I believe the next-to-last group to board is still the "back half of the plane" but does anyone know at about what row that starts, on a 737-800? I sort of recall hearing 20 and higher last time I heard an announcement based on actual seat rows? Thanks much in advance!
Old May 30, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I know FTers don't sit in the back of the bus, but I have no status on AS since they split from the AA family. But I don't want to board in the last group and have to check my smallish bag which has too much of value. I believe the next-to-last group to board is still the "back half of the plane" but does anyone know at about what row that starts, on a 737-800? I sort of recall hearing 20 and higher last time I heard an announcement based on actual seat rows? Thanks much in advance!
If your carry-on bag is that valuable, I would recommend purchasing premium class, as you will definitely get overhead bin space.
MojaveFlyer likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I believe the next-to-last group to board is still the "back half of the plane" but does anyone know at about what row that starts, on a 737-800? I sort of recall hearing 20 and higher last time I heard an announcement based on actual seat rows? Thanks much in advance!
Before the alpha boarding groups, the back half/first coach to board started at the row immediately behind the exit row if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if that's changed and beyond your question, but perhaps of interest to others, where group C begins on the rest of the fleet.
MojaveFlyer likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
How many discount codes can I use in a single purchase?
Can discount codes be used in conjunction with a fare to which a companion fare is being added?

(By discount code, I referring to customer service gestures that can be stored in my wallet.)
Old May 31, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by twitch76
How many discount codes can I use in a single purchase?
Can discount codes be used in conjunction with a fare to which a companion fare is being added?

(By discount code, I referring to customer service gestures that can be stored in my wallet.)
If the value is truly stored in your "My Wallet" as funds, they can be combined w/ a discount code/companion fare. If it was a customer service gesture (e.g. $25 off a future flight) that shows up in your list of discount codes alongside your companion fare code, you're limited to one per purchase.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
If the value is truly stored in your "My Wallet" as funds, they can be combined w/ a discount code/companion fare. If it was a customer service gesture (e.g. $25 off a future flight) that shows up in your list of discount codes alongside your companion fare code, you're limited to one per purchase.
Ah, I see. I mistakenly thought that Discount Codes were a subset of My Wallet. I see now that they are not.

So... one Discount Code or Companion fare per purchase. Am I correct that this would also apply to Bag Service Guarantee codes when claimed as $25?
Old May 31, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Am I reading correctly when I believe that an Alaska Lounge member can access Admirals Clubs (except SFO) when they are flying on AA, and crediting their flight to AAdvantage? Hope this question makes sense.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MJonTravel
Am I reading correctly when I believe that an Alaska Lounge member can access Admirals Clubs (except SFO) when they are flying on AA, and crediting their flight to AAdvantage? Hope this question makes sense.
From the membership terms concerning Admirals Club access:
Alaska Lounge members have access to the select Admirals Club locations listed below when arriving or departing that day on a purchased or redeemed-mileage ticket on Alaska Airlines or American Airlines. ... Flight must be marketed by Alaska Airlines or American Airlines and must be operated by Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, or a regional affiliate.
You should be good to go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.