Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
I hope you mean the CX lounge in SFO, as that is the only CX lounge you have access to with an AS Lounge membership. If that is the case yes it is not an issue, the staff are well aware of AS members visiting.
Yup, cause no access to the Admirals Club there.
So I can use the digital card? I haven't gotten my physical card yet, even though I signed up end of last year.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by s0ssos
So I can use the digital card? I haven't gotten my physical card yet, even though I signed up end of last year.
Ya no issue, I have used it many times, and the check-in staff are very knowledgeable and friendly there.
Old May 3, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
Ya no issue, I have used it many times, and the check-in staff are very knowledgeable and friendly there.
Cool, looking forward to CX lounge in the US. Thanks
Old May 4, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I’d send Alaska an inquiry about your card. I renewed early in April and had my new card a couple of weeks later.
Old May 4, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Has anybody used their digital card (on the app) for lounge membership and used it at a partner lounge?

Thanks
When I access any of the AA clubs now, I just show my BP. I used to start with my AL digital card but the attendants said to just show my BP because it says Alaska Lounge on it and that is all they need. When I access an AL I typically use the finger print, when that is down I just tell them my MP number. I have not needed either the physical card or the digital card in years, but have both just in case.
williwaw likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:22 pm

Did anything happen in the news between Hawaii and the Bay area? A flight I was looking at jumped from 250 give or take to 640... For November 14

This is both lih to San Jose and Oakland. Award tickets went from 3 to zero as well...

Was originally available as a k fare, and now many buckets are out?
Old May 4, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by crimsona
Did anything happen in the news between Hawaii and the Bay area? A flight I was looking at jumped from 250 give or take to 640... For November 14
This is both lih to San Jose and Oakland. Award tickets went from 3 to zero as well...
Was originally available as a k fare, and now many buckets are out?
One possible explanation: similar things have happened when the route is being scheduled for a major change in timing or cancellation prior to the next schedule update.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:00 pm

Are Mileageplan award prices for AS flights dynamic now? I saw some PDX-SEA-BZN itineraries price much lower than SEA-BZN (e.g. 5k vs 12.5k). I checked a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice anything like that; there were plenty of SEA-BZN at 5-7.5k, but now they all seem to be gone in favor of 12.5k offers - even when PDX-SEA-BZN is 5k.
Old May 5, 2019, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by DrAlex
One possible explanation: similar things have happened when the route is being scheduled for a major change in timing or cancellation prior to the next schedule update.
This might have happened. Seems like that flight no longer exists, and only the Oakland flight is left. And that one is down to expensive bucket fares
Old May 5, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Why doesn't the guest gold upgrades option appear anymore?
Old May 5, 2019, 4:50 pm

split PNR after checkin to increase upgrade chances

So I put my friend and I on the same booking, so we both get benefits. But when I get into the airport is there any way to split it off, so I can actually get upgraded (friend without status)?
Old May 5, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
So I put my friend and I on the same booking, so we both get benefits. But when I get into the airport is there any way to split it off, so I can actually get upgraded (friend without status)?
If you have MVPG+ you and your companion can both be upgraded. That is a benefit to mid & top tier Elites. An MVP cant. If it looks like you may be skipped with 2 on your PNR the gate agent can and will split the PNR and offer the Elite the upgrade whether you are not eligible to upgrade your companion or if you are and there isn't sufficient space to upgrade both parties. Talk to the gate agent when you arrive at the gate.

I have had gate agents ask if we were okay being split up so that as a 75K I can have the upgrade before the MVPGs & MVPs below me on the list. I usually decline and sit with my companion or if I accept, I put my companion up front. I give the companion the choice.

James in Santiago
Old May 5, 2019, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
If you have MVPG+ you and your companion can both be upgraded. That is a benefit to mid & top tier Elites. An MVP cant. If it looks like you may be skipped with 2 on your PNR the gate agent can and will split the PNR and offer the Elite the upgrade whether you are not eligible to upgrade your companion or if you are and there isn't sufficient space to upgrade both parties. Talk to the gate agent when you arrive at the gate.

I have had gate agents ask if we were okay being split up so that as a 75K I can have the upgrade before the MVPGs & MVPs below me on the list. I usually decline and sit with my companion or if I accept, I put my companion up front. I give the companion the choice.

James in Santiago
So I have 75k, but my companion has no status. There were 2 seats left in F (open for purchase) a little before boarding. I'm pretty sure if I were by myself I would've gotten them.
I know we can both be upgraded, but my question is where in the waitlist are we? As in, does my companion have the same priority for waitlist as me?
Old May 6, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
So I have 75k, but my companion has no status. There were 2 seats left in F (open for purchase) a little before boarding. I'm pretty sure if I were by myself I would've gotten them.
I know we can both be upgraded, but my question is where in the waitlist are we? As in, does my companion have the same priority for waitlist as me?
You may not be adjacent in the waitlist but will be processed together. Once control of the flight has been handed over to the gate agents, U space is irrelevant. They will process upgrades whether they are U or F seats remaining. Your companion, by extension, has your status for the purposes of upgrades and both of you will be upgraded together is there are at least 2 available seats in F. Your position on the wairlist will be the same as if you were on a PNR by yourself. If there is not 2 seats in F when you are next to be upgraded then you will be skipped and the next single PNR on the waitlist will be upgraded, as a rule.

It is important to approach a gate agent and advise the agent that you are willing to split your PNR should only one F seat be available when the upgrade is processed.

I have experienced four scenarios. 1) The F cabin was full but the agent still noted our willingness to split in case of a last minute no-show. Not upgraded.
2) 1 F seat available, PNR split and one upgraded. 3) 1 F seat available and agent advised he would have called me up to see if I wanted to split the PNR proactively. 4) 1 F seat available and "sold" to a non-elite passenger after I talked to the gate agent. This was in SFO and the 2hr flight was on an Airbus. I would have preferred to sit well past Row 6 with my companion anyway.

Again, talk to the gate agent and keep on top of it if the upgrade is important to you.

James in Santiago
Old May 6, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You may not be adjacent in the waitlist but will be processed together. Once control of the flight has been handed over to the gate agents, U space is irrelevant. They will process upgrades whether they are U or F seats remaining. Your companion, by extension, has your status for the purposes of upgrades and both of you will be upgraded together is there are at least 2 available seats in F. Your position on the wairlist will be the same as if you were on a PNR by yourself. If there is not 2 seats in F when you are next to be upgraded then you will be skipped and the next single PNR on the waitlist will be upgraded, as a rule.

It is important to approach a gate agent and advise the agent that you are willing to split your PNR should only one F seat be available when the upgrade is processed.

I have experienced four scenarios. 1) The F cabin was full but the agent still noted our willingness to split in case of a last minute no-show. Not upgraded.
2) 1 F seat available, PNR split and one upgraded. 3) 1 F seat available and agent advised he would have called me up to see if I wanted to split the PNR proactively. 4) 1 F seat available and "sold" to a non-elite passenger after I talked to the gate agent. This was in SFO and the 2hr flight was on an Airbus. I would have preferred to sit well past Row 6 with my companion anyway.

Again, talk to the gate agent and keep on top of it if the upgrade is important to you.

James in Santiago
Thanks. The reason I would've wanted an upgrade (I usually don't care) was that this was a trans-con on the old Airbus, meaning super spacious comfy seats (4 in first). Agent never asked if I wanted to split PNR. Was in the bulkhead anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.