Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: free agent
Wording got me little confused but I have upcoming HKG-CUN AA J flight. I plan to credit HKG-LAX flight to AS, then change to AA for LAX-JFK. I am able to earn AS EQM/RDM for my AA JFK-CUN + CUN-MIA since it's international flight, right?
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Wording got me little confused but I have upcoming HKG-CUN AA J flight. I plan to credit HKG-LAX flight to AS, then change to AA for LAX-JFK. I am able to earn AS EQM/RDM for my AA JFK-CUN + CUN-MIA since it's international flight, right?
Yes
washeelers747 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Current experience with partner seat assignments

Does anyone have recent experience with asking phone agents to move a partner on a separate reservation to a preferred seat (not Premium) such as 737 exit? I plan to book an award ticket using my miles for my wife and use cash for my ticket. I know moving her up to Premium won't work without paying but I'm not sure about exit rows.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by nookanaya
Does anyone have recent experience with asking phone agents to move a partner on a separate reservation to a preferred seat (not Premium) such as 737 exit? I plan to book an award ticket using my miles for my wife and use cash for my ticket. I know moving her up to Premium won't work without paying but I'm not sure about exit rows.
I have tried and they will refuse.

Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by williwaw
I have tried and they will refuse.
Even on an award booked with miles from an elite account? That sounds maybe in the HUCA gray area...
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Never hurts to ask.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Is this a legal routing on a CX J one way award? I can't find transpacific J flights to SFO, LAX or SEA on my desired dated

DPS->HKG->YVR->SEA->ANC
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BA
Whats the best way to search CX availability using AS miles? I usually use BA but they are showing phantom availability....
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by bta15
Whats the best way to search CX availability using AS miles? I usually use BA but they are showing phantom availability....
QF, but this isn't going to solve "phantom" space. AS is not privy to the same inventory as OW airlines are, and that is just the trade-off. Best to have a few options.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: United Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Flying AS SAN-BOS in two weeks for the first time in a while. I have a Main fare and currently stuck in a seat in the back of the plane. Checked the seating chart of the flight and see lots of availability in the middle of the plane for "Refundable ticket
or elite status", neither of which I have. I'd rather not pay for Premium Class at the front of economy. Any way to "upgrade" to these middle plane seats or score these seats for free or less than the price of Premium Class?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by zer422
Flying AS SAN-BOS in two weeks for the first time in a while. I have a Main fare and currently stuck in a seat in the back of the plane. Checked the seating chart of the flight and see lots of availability in the middle of the plane for "Refundable ticket
or elite status", neither of which I have. I'd rather not pay for Premium Class at the front of economy. Any way to "upgrade" to these middle plane seats or score these seats for free or less than the price of Premium Class?
Wait for online check in when they become available to everyone not on a saver fare. That is the only option as they are blocked until then.
zer422 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:35 pm

Flying on AS1063 JFK -> SEA on Monday. First flight on an Airbus (website doesn't say which: goes up to a half-row 39 and has 8 FC seats). I picked 11C (exit row), but I now have the option of picking a PE aisle (6C). Should I switch to PE or stay in exit row? On the 737s, I prefer the 17C/D exit row tbh because they have hella legroom and recline, but Idk about Airbus. Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
Flying on AS1063 JFK -> SEA on Monday. First flight on an Airbus (website doesn't say which: goes up to a half-row 39 and has 8 FC seats). I picked 11C (exit row), but I now have the option of picking a PE aisle (6C). Should I switch to PE or stay in exit row? On the 737s, I prefer the 17C/D exit row tbh because they have hella legroom and recline, but Idk about Airbus. Thanks!
I haven't sat in either but perhaps this will help you

Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
The Airbus bulkhead is like any extra legroom bulkhead, no seat hitting your knees if you're tall, like other seats. But, you will not be able to stretch your feet in front, as there is no cubby/hole, personally (6'2) if its <2 hrs I have no issue with them, but I can't sit upright for longer and prefer a non-bulkhead to stretch my legs.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 6:26 pm

Hello, new member here as well as new to mileage running and miles in general. I have a question about Alaska airline miles. So I was researching the other day and I noticed that you can fly business on Cathay Pacific from US to Asia (booking on Alaska Airline site) for only 60,000 Alaska Airline miles . I also noticed that a first class Emirates ticket is only 180,000 miles. Given from my research that 60,000 Alaska Airline miles are worth around 1200 dollars, and a business class seat is usually around $2000 wouldn't it make sense as a average flyer to always simply use Alaska Air miles to fly? I also noticed that you can simply "buy" Alaska Air miles from Alaska Airlines themselves. I'm wondering whether next time I travel whether I should just buy Alaska Air miles instead of actually buying through another airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.