Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slidey
Does anyone know when Alaska are likely to be running another 40% off sale on points?
Didn't they just finish one? So, probably, another couple of months?

I'd hold out for 50%, and then stock up for the year.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:30 am

From what i gather online, AS credit miles according to operating metal.
What happens on O class QF marketed ticket operated by
EK? O class is business on EK, do you earn 225% on those flight?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by ryanker25
From what i gather online, AS credit miles according to operating metal.
What happens on O class QF marketed ticket operated by
EK? O class is business on EK, do you earn 225% on those flight?
There is very specific language on the Emirates partner page concerning QF code shares (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners/emirates).
In short, EK operated flights have to be on EK ticket stock to qualify for mileage earning.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by DrAlex
There is very specific language on the Emirates partner page concerning QF code shares (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners/emirates).
In short, EK operated flights have to be on EK ticket stock to qualify for mileage earning.
Thank you
I see the difference now.
There goes my MR plan.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Last September I had native EK flight numbers on LA stock post automatically. I would never attempt a codeshare on EK metal though. I will be flying EK later this week SEZ-DXB & DXB-NRT in J again on LA stock.

James in Santiago Chile.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Last September I had native EK flight numbers on LA stock post automatically. I would never attempt a codeshare on EK metal though. I will be flying EK later this week SEZ-DXB & DXB-NRT in J again on LA stock.

James in Santiago Chile.
If I had the cash to throw around, I'd book an EK-metal codeshare just to see if it actually does credit. Given how they're ignoring the non-EK ticketing in your case and totally disregarding the rules with other partners, I wouldn't be shocked. Ultimately, though, it'd be nice if AS would be clear about what codeshares they will credit instead of maintaining this unofficial "probably but not guaranteed" status quo.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AS Peon
Not really a question that matters at all, just a curiosity of mine. The SEA-PIT flight is currently AS198, and is that flight number for at least a few more months. I don't know exactly when, but at some point in the future (appears to be around October), it changes to be AS412 instead. 412 also just happens to be the area code for the majority of Pittsburgh.

Any idea if this is just a coincidence, or does AS do this from time to time? I mentioned it on Twitter but got no response, probably because it doesn't really need one and it doesn't matter anyway. Like I said, I was just curious if this might have been intentional. It certainly makes remembering the flight number easier for me, having grown up near Pittsburgh!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:32 am

Would like to know what is fees associated with cancelling award ticket in first/ business class when cancelled before 60 days of flight. FWIW, flight will be on British airways.
Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ziqch
Would like to know what is fees associated with cancelling award ticket in first/ business class when cancelled before 60 days of flight. FWIW, flight will be on British airways.
Thanks
$125 unless MVPG or 75K (unless purchased prior to 5 Jun 18)
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:00 pm

I am traveling in First class on Alaska from OAK to SEA and then on Lufthansa SEA to FRA in Business. Will I have access to the Alaska Lounges at SEA? Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Edit: deleted; I'm actually not sure about arrival / connecting policies
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by DUTravel
I am traveling in First class on Alaska from OAK to SEA and then on Lufthansa SEA to FRA in Business. Will I have access to the Alaska Lounges at SEA? Thanks
What class is your ticket in? The options are F, P, D, A, & U. All but U have access to the AS Lounges in SEA.

And, welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:13 pm

What class is your ticket in? The options are F, P, D, A, & U. All but U have access to the AS Lounges in SEA.

And, welcome to FlyerTalk!
Thanks - the Class on Alaska is F.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by DUTravel
Thanks - the Class on Alaska is F.
F fare gets you into the AS SEA lounge upon arrival. Show the AS boarding pass for AS lounge access.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Refundable fare ??

I think I've got the questions figured out but wanted verification from the experts here.

If I buy a refundable fare ticket, Y or F, from sea-ogg for mid-Dec travel and find out I need to cancel the flt (not reschedule) can I do that up to the day before travel starts?
Will the refund go back to original form of pymt and not into MyWallet?
Last, is the full amount refunded, inc. taxes & fees?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.