Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Cabin Lights Required On for Night Flights? (No)

Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Help me out here AS loyalists...sitting on an E75 at 8:00pm at night with the sidewall lights lit up like a tree. SkyWest flight attendant says it's an Alaska requirement that the cabin remain this bright. WTH?!?! And I'm not talking during service - both F/A's have retreated behind their curtains in galley's and it's nice and bright in here. Not sure I can recall a flight, let alone an airline, that requires the cabin be illuminated on night flights at all times.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Not true. Ive been on many night flights - including those recently - where that is not the case.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:29 pm

I was just on a SkyWest E75 two hours ago and they turned the lights off. Great view of the sunset! Same thing happened last week.
I have no idea why they left the lights on for your flight, but I'm willing to bet it is not because there was a policy requiring them to.
Maybe write into alaskalistens.com, they do seem to read them.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Agree it sounds like someone is misinterpreting a directive...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.