Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
No Meal/Nuts SEA -> SJC

Flew SEA to SJC Friday (8/2) on the last flight (8:40pm departure) in F. Was nice to get a Pre Departure Beverage (and refill of the PDB), but no nuts and no meal on the plane. The "snacks" they had to offer were popcorn, jerky, or granola bars. While I wasn't really expecting a meal as I've been on the flight before, I was disappointed not to get warm nuts. Is it normal not to have warm nuts?

Is there a specific departure time they cut off serving dinner in F for short flights?

It's all doubly disappointing as even the new Lounge in N was low on food when I got there shortly before my plane started boarding. Soups were out and salad was low. Second time I've had this issue, but was hoping the new lounge would have fixed some of that.
ryno likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Flew SEA to SJC Friday (8/2) on the last flight (8:40pm departure) in F. Was nice to get a Pre Departure Beverage (and refill of the PDB), but no nuts and no meal on the plane. The "snacks" they had to offer were popcorn, jerky, or granola bars. While I wasn't really expecting a meal as I've been on the flight before, I was disappointed not to get warm nuts. Is it normal not to have warm nuts?

Is there a specific departure time they cut off serving dinner in F for short flights?

It's all doubly disappointing as even the new Lounge in N was low on food when I got there shortly before my plane started boarding. Soups were out and salad was low. Second time I've had this issue, but was hoping the new lounge would have fixed some of that.
Meals are served between 5am and 8pm.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Meals are served between 5am and 8pm.
Are warm nuts part of the meal service only? Feels like they would be a great snack even when there is no meal...
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
The warm nuts and cookie flights (as far as I know) were replaced by snack basket flights.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The warm nuts and cookie flights (as far as I know) were replaced by snack basket flights.
Bit of a bummer. There weren't even any 'junk' food type snacks. No cookies/chocolates. A glass of red wine and a bit of chocolate would have been nice.
Oh, well. Here's hoping the flagship lounge is better stocked next time.
Thanks for the info!

Diana
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfolf
Enjoy a 2-4-1 because I've been so lazy. Tried both mid-range meals on two separate trips: AS 753 on 6/16 and AS 199 on 7/8. Both flights had a choice of Peruvian Chicken Breast or Mezzeluna Shiitake Edamame

Date: 6/16
Route: RDU-SEA
Flight Number: AS753
Departure time: 17:25
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack

Got the Peruvian Chicken. The meal was so good I wish I had the recipe to make at home. This is honestly one of the best meals I've had on AS.

Date: 7/8
Route: PIT-SEA
Flight Number: AS199
Departure time: 16:15
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack

Tried the Shiitake. Very heavy on the greens and honestly the portions looked smaller. It was filling in a healthy kind of way but definitely didn't taste as amazing as the chicken. I felt like the amount of pasta-to-mushroom ratio was off and overpowered by the greens.

From the photo, it looks like the Peruvian chicken includes a wing....is that true? If so, seems odd...
ryno likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
From the photo, it looks like the Peruvian chicken includes a wing....is that true? If so, seems odd...
Definitely not a wing, must be the photo, I've had it twice in the last couple of weeks. Always a breast, and it's quite good.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Definitely not a wing, must be the photo, I've had it twice in the last couple of weeks. Always a breast, and it's quite good.
I think he means the wing still attached- airline cut breast.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by rustykettel

I think he means the wing still attached- airline cut breast.
Right, mine were not airline cut. They looked almost exactly like the one in this post:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31260336-post460.html
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Right, mine were not airline cut. They looked almost exactly like the one in this post:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31260336-post460.html
Gotcha, so the wing wasn't attached then (and from the photo, it looks like yours wasn't)....perhaps the previous photo with the wing attached was just a fluke, but it does look like a wing with a bone and I think most if not all of the airline chicken I've had has been boneless....thankfully I've never had a chicken leg (yet)....lol
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:06 pm

Has anyone had the Chicken Romesco? Flying SEA-IAH. I haven't seen any reviews on that entree yet.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:34 pm

Date: 8/12
Route: SEA-ORD
Flight Number: AS1014
Departure time: 06:35
Breakfast

Main Courses
Heirloom Tomato Shakshuka
Poached cage-free egg nestled in a savory stew of ripe heirloom tomatoes, peppers, and fresh herbs.
Served with sautéed rainbow Swiss chard, chicken chorizo sausage, and diced avocado
Or
Greek Yogurt Frittata
Cage-free eggs and tangy Greek yogurt whisked together and baked into a savory frittata with sautéed spinach, oven-roasted tomatoes, and feta cheese. Served with basil-parmesan chicken sausage and a frisee salad topped with avocado, bacon and dressed with red wine vinaigrette.

Service began with hot towels and drinks promptly after takeoff, followed by the usual smoothie (not pictured). Although there was no menu, the flight attendant brought around the plating diagram for the meals so people could see what they would be ordering. I had the frittata, which was very tasty and filling. I especially liked the warm cinnamon scone. The presentation was excellent, too. Not sure if midcons are supposed to receive the snack basket or not, but it wasn't offered.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Date: 8/12
Greek Yogurt Frittata
Cage-free eggs and tangy Greek yogurt whisked together and baked into a savory frittata with sautéed spinach, oven-roasted tomatoes, and feta cheese. Served with basil-parmesan chicken sausage and a frisee salad topped with avocado, bacon and dressed with red wine vinaigrette.

Service began with hot towels and drinks promptly after takeoff, followed by the usual smoothie (not pictured). Although there was no menu, the flight attendant brought around the plating diagram for the meals so people could see what they would be ordering. I had the frittata, which was very tasty and filling. I especially liked the warm cinnamon scone. The presentation was excellent, too. Not sure if midcons are supposed to receive the snack basket or not, but it wasn't offered.
Is that bacon I see on top of the frittata? Have pre-ordered this for next week and looks great.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by jjmadison
Is that bacon I see on top of the frittata? Have pre-ordered this for next week and looks great.
Yep, it’s bacon!
jjmadison likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, CX MPCS
8/19 : 7:45pm
AS328
SEA to SJC

Forgot the exact name, menu wasn't provided. Service was good and FA was friendly and accommodating. However the sandwich was spongy and not very good. Didn't expect dinner service on this short flight anyway, no snack options were provided.

In comparison the chicken panini I had in the N terminal lounge was very good.

Carfield and ryno like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.