Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll

follow up to this...did write in to AS and described the incident.
Received reply today.
“We are sorry you were not satisfied with our service. “
(Regarding the tray tables and lap tops still in use upon landing.)”The FA must have been ordered to be seated by Captain and therefore not able to complete safety protocols. Compliance is important to AS and your understanding is appreciated.”
There was no turbulence at all coming into SEA.

Wow, not the answer I was expecting.
(DC not offered)
I guess this is the “new”Alaska Airlines, going forward.
I would let AS know that I was filing an official complaint with the FAA about the safety violations and then I would figure out how to do it. The lack of collection of items (barring an emergency) is an FAA violation. The FA could be personally fined for ignoring FAA regulations.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
#3386 Alaska SkyWest MCI-SAN E175 Breakfast.

Bloody Mary

Hearty Granola with nuts, seeds, dried fruit. Glass of shelf stable milk (I had poured milk on Granola). Passion Fruit yogurt, grapes, dried apple, pear, apricots, cherries, raisins, figs, and walnuts. Apple, nut, cinnamon roll with butter. No PDB but water at seat. Hot towels. Excellent and attentive service from friendly FA.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
#3391 Alaska SkyWest SAN-MCI E175. Dinner

Choice of Roast Beef sandwich with chips or Protein Plate with grilled chicken strips and hummus, pita, egg, grapes, Brie. Snack basket passed later. Attentive and friendly service.

Vodka Soda, warm nuts, hot towel, water offered as PDB
pcoll likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
5/22 AS 764 PDX - DCA

Same choice between the omelet or spring bowl that they’ve had for awhile now. Luckily, I was seated at the bulkhead and snagged the omelet; they ran out by row 2

Old May 23, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be flying tomorrow on a PHX-SEA "dinner" flight in F. What type of meal will it likely be? Is it the choice of sandwich/chips vs protein plate?
Old May 23, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davesam12

Vodka Soda, warm nuts, hot towel, water offered as PDB
I haven't flown on Alaska too much - they serve the drinks in plastic in first class?

Last edited by dayone; May 23, 2019 at 2:20 pm Reason: Delete first quoted image for readability.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by formeraa
I will be flying tomorrow on a PHX-SEA "dinner" flight in F. What type of meal will it likely be? Is it the choice of sandwich/chips vs protein plate?
Most likely it will be what you listed above. The only variation will be if it is roast beef or turkey. This seems to be the norm for western US flights. Same items offered for Lunch also.
Please report back to us what was offered.
Old May 23, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by tstauck
I haven't flown on Alaska too much - they serve the drinks in plastic in first class?
Skywest flight.
beckoa and safari ari like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll

Most likely it will be what you listed above. The only variation will be if it is roast beef or turkey. This seems to be the norm for western US flights. Same items offered for Lunch also.
Please report back to us what was offered.
Thanks, will do!
Old May 23, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
I hate that they changed the bloody mix, I love the old stuff.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 91foxbody
I hate that they changed the bloody mix, I love the old stuff.
Make sure to write in about this. They do forward these types of complaints to the catering department. If they haven't signed some long contract, they may change it back based on customer feedback.
91foxbody likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
AS704 / SEA-STL / 5:55pm departure / Dinner
No menu, preordered 14 days before flight

Flight started with a PDB offering of sparkling wine or OJ

This was a pretty tasty dish. Certainly better than what you’ll get on any other domestic airline, but not the best I’ve had from Alaska.

Frequent passes were made for drink refills throughout the flight. Warm cookie about 30 minutes after the meal, snack basket shortly before starting our descent, and mints as we deplaned.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5/24
PHX-SEA
AS #649 at 7:30pm
Dinner

As expected, it was a choice between the Protein Plate and a "Chicken Bacon" sandwich and chips. I had the sandwich which was better than expected. Later in the flight, the FA came by with the snack basket. Overall, it was a bit disappointing for a 3 hours flight. It reminded of the BoB menu in coach, rather then something special for F. It was definitely a step down from their previous F meal service on this route.

5/27
SEA-PHX
AS #646 at 3:30pm
Lunch

The meal service was a choice between the Protein Plate and a Roast Beef and Cheese sandwich with chips. For a 3:30pm flight, this snack was sufficient. I had the protein plate, which could have used a package of crackers along with the pita. The hummus was actual good. Later in the flight, the FA came around with the snack basket.

Overall thoughts: Service was so-so on the outbound, much better on the return. The meal service was fine for a light snack service or a Bay Area-SEA flight, which was fine mid-afternoon but not for "Dinner". Dinner should have another component to the meal, maybe an enhanced dessert (such as a hot baked cookie like AA) for 3 hour flights.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Done!
Old May 28, 2019, 6:46 pm

5/28 AS 1202 SFO-ORD Lunch

Herb roasted chicken breast with asparagus, artichoke hearts, mashed potatoes and leeks, and lemon caper sauce on side. Everything was delicious and perfectly cooked!

The usual chocolate chip cookie. F/A did not warm it up because he claimed it would "turn into mush."

Friendly and attentive service on this flight. Flew same flight a few months ago and had the exact same flight attendant serving the F cabin! Once again, there was no offer of warm nuts or the snack basket. It was my first time on a reconfigured A320, so I was looking forward to testing out the satellite WiFi to see how the connection speed compared. Ended up being a moot point since the WiFi did not work the entire flight for any passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.