Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Date: Apr. 14, 2019
Route: SEA-SFO
Flight Number: AS1076
Departure time: 12:25 PM
Menu: No
Meal description: Lunch

Choice of Protein Plate or Roast Beef Sandwich. Was served with chips and very greasy.

Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
AS849 IAD-SEA, Fri 19 Apr
  • nuts
  • roasted red pepper & smoked gouda soup
  • salad
  • choice of Seared Top Sirloin or Asparagus Risotto as described earlier (I pre-ordered the risotto; it looked more like a salad when the FA delivered it, and tasted more like a featured offering at an avant-garde vegetarian restaurant)
  • Salt & Straw (I was asleep, don’t know what flavor was offered)

Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Date: 19 Apr 2019
Route: SJC-AUS
Flight Number: 3368
Departure time: 1715
Meal description: Not mentioned as Dinner or Snack option of Protein Plate or Beef Cheddar Sandwich with caramelised onions, horseradish mayo served with potato crisps. Seattle truffle for “dessert”

Drinks and nuts served first. Followed by meal tray, then the snack basket, prior to landing the mint was presented and told thank you for flying with us.

Roast Beef Sandwich

Last edited by DaWhirledTraveller; Apr 22, 2019 at 6:03 pm Reason: Correct year and add photo.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
4/20, 10:20am AS2881 (Horizon) PDX-PAE
PDB of coffee offered, plus the following inflight. Very good for a 34 minute flight. When did the E175s get glassware?

Last edited by RAD_PDX; Apr 25, 2019 at 10:03 am
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
PDB of coffee offered, plus the following inflight. Very good for a 34 minute flight. When did the E175s get glassware?
glassware is dependent on whether you’re on a Horizon operated flt or a Skywest operated flt.

Last edited by dayone; Apr 21, 2019 at 1:25 pm Reason: Redact quote of image from preceding post for readability.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75, United Mileageplus
4/12/19
BOS-SEA
AS741 (737-800)
8:40AM departure
Menu: loaded, but not distributed
Breakfast

Menus were not offered. When I asked if they were loaded the flight attendant said that they were but she didn’t distribute them since verbal descriptions were more personal. I can appreciate that on the surface, but being asked “omelet or breakfast bowl” vs an actual menu I’ll take the latter.
First class was served by an ex-Virgin American flight attendant, as evidenced by both pre departure beverages and all meal items being served at once. Breakfast consisted of plain yoghurt and tasteless granola, fruit, and a choice of an omelet or a breakfast bowl. I ordered the omelet, filled with cheese and supposedly artichoke and spinach. The highlight of breakfast was the crispy bacon served with it; I also enjoyed the potatoes. I was in row 3 but had pre-ordered my choice. My travel companion ordered the breakfast bowl, which I believe had sausage, egg, hash brown, veggies, and hollendaise.
After the meal the flight attendant disappeared into the galley. The snack basket was offered mid-flight and again before landing. Otherwise service was entirely reactive. It has been a long time since I’ve done a trans-con in Alaska first class so I don’t know if this is normal or not, but no crew member ever came though refilling water like on United. As a result I pressed the call button a few times
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
4/20 AS 709 MSY - SEA
only one option, but the peach yogurt was quite good, so I was happy with it

Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by osubeavers01
4/11 AS 764 PDX-DCA
Menus were offered and it was a nicely coursed meal. I really enjoyed the yogurt with coconut and granola

Pdx-Pvr same thing without the yogurt and granola. Pretty tasty. Even got pre departure coffee.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:01 am

4/15 AS 708 SEA - MSY
I chose the chicken; can’t recall exactly what the other option was, but think it might have been risotto. One of the people I was traveling with is highly allergic to artichokes and they were featured on both dishes. Bad luck for her, but she said she enjoyed the fruit and cheese plate that she preordered

Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Date: 21 Apr 2019
Route: AUS-SJC
Flight Number: 3305
Departure time: 1610
Meal description: Dinner or Snack option of Protein Plate or Chicken, bacon, cheese & arugula Sandwich with potato crisps. Seattle truffle for “dessert”

Chicken Sandwich
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller
Seattle truffle for “dessert”
Haven’t seen these for awhile on my flights. They all seem to have transitioned to butter mints
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:59 am

AS7 JFK to SEA.
Choice of “Farmer’s market breakfast bowl” or Spinach and Artichoke Omelette”. Decided to pre order the omelette.

Was very good. Service was on point.

Last edited by bkojote; Apr 25, 2019 at 2:55 pm Reason: Photo didn’t attach
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by AS36

Menus were not offered. When I asked if they were loaded the flight attendant said that they were but she didn’t distribute them since verbal descriptions were more personal. I can appreciate that on the surface, but being asked “omelet or breakfast bowl” vs an actual menu I’ll take the latter.
The lack of menus or nutrition/ingredient information is extremely frustrating for someone with dietary restrictions or allergies. I much prefer to see a detailed description of what is being served than to ask "can you tell me if XXX has dairy/wheat/nuts, etc." or just roll the dice, order, and then waste food. I bring plenty of food/snacks for myself on all flights (Y or F) so I'm not asking AS to provide a DF/GF meal just for me but I REALLY hate having to ask what's in everything and most of the time the FAs don't know. Same goes for Y offerings - the menus should list common allergens just like the labels do on the food item. It's pretty standard fare in food labeling these days. And yes, I have suggested/requested this to AS Customer Care numerous times and continually get the response that I can request this information from a FA. IME, this info is either not available to the FA or they have no idea what I'm asking and I really hate holding up service for others while the FA digs around for ingredient/nutritional info. In lieu of menus, a detailed description or addition of ingredient info on the app would more than suffice.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
4/25/19, AS 421. BNA - SEA, no menu offered.
I chose the Turmeric Oregano Chicken Breast, because I had never seen this before. It was served as the standalone main plate after salad and dinner roll.

It was surprisingly good—the curry sauce was mild and not overpowering, and the chicken wasn’t over-cooked. The cooked radish was a surprised replacement of potato or rice.

I think AS F catering has been improving lately. I had the beef dish three weeks ago on the BWI to SEA flight, and the farmers breakfast bowl on the JFK to PDX a couple weeks ago. Both were also very good. Kudo’s to their effort!

williwaw likes this.

Last edited by BW Flyer; Apr 25, 2019 at 11:39 pm Reason: corrected incomplete sentences
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How far in advance are you supposed to be able to pre-order food? I have some F flights in May (part of a JL business class ticket) and I don't see the option yet.

Edit: nm; found the answer (2 weeks in advance) on the website. For some reason I thought it was a month (which is why I was surprised not to see it yet)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.