Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
3/11 SFO-PHX 305p departure: two(!) rounds of the snack basket!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tusphotog
3/11 SFO-PHX 305p departure: two(!) rounds of the snack basket!
The 11:30 JFK-LAX flight today on Boeing was a little different. Coffe & Orange Juice offered as a PDB. After takeoff and the 10K bell the first round of drinks were served. Nuts came with the second round before lunch was served. The Cod was excellent. About 30 minutes later the snack basket came around. About 90 minutes before arrival, ice cream was served and then another round of the snack basket about an hour out. Drinks were proactively kept full throughout the flight. Excellent service.

James in Los Angeles.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
BNA:SEA
17 March

Choice of Tumeric Chicken or Mushroom Risotto. I got the chicken which was pretty decent. A hair overcooked. The salad had significantly more crisp veggies in it which was nice. Standard AS bread roll.
Desert was the warm chocolate chip cookies....yes they are back.
The Snack Basket came through 2 times.

Last edited by rune87; Mar 18, 2019 at 10:24 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Date: 17 Mar
Route: JFK-SJC
Flight Number: 665
Departure time: 1655
Menu: Yes
Meal description: Dinner - Creamy roasted red pepper and smoked gouda soup. Mixed green salad with grape tomato, sliced cucumber, sliced heirloom carrots. Seared Top Sirloin w/creamy morel mushroom sauce, grilled spring asparagus, and herb roasted fingerling potatoes or Asparagus Risotto w/fava beans, roasted wild mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and fresh pea shoots and parmesan cheese.

I had the Beef and it was good, the morel sauce worked very well with it.

Presentation was in the order of drink(s), and warm mixed nuts. Then the meal tray was presented with the soup & salad, then the bread & butter, and then the entree. Trays were picked up and then Salt & Straw ice cream sea salt with caramel ribbons. Approximately 1 hour prior to landing the Snack Basket came through the cabin w/bananas, Pop Corners sea salt, Oberto beef jerky, Sahale mixed nuts, Be Kind Breakfast Bar Oatmeal & Honey
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller
Date: 17 Mar
Route: JFK-SJC
Flight Number: 665
Departure time: 1655
Menu: Yes
Meal description: Dinner - Creamy roasted red pepper and smoked gouda soup. Mixed green salad with grape tomato, sliced cucumber, sliced heirloom carrots. Seared Top Sirloin w/creamy morel mushroom sauce, grilled spring asparagus, and herb roasted fingerling potatoes or Asparagus Risotto w/fava beans, roasted wild mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and fresh pea shoots and parmesan cheese.

I had the Beef and it was good, the morel sauce worked very well with it.

Presentation was in the order of drink(s), and warm mixed nuts. Then the meal tray was presented with the soup & salad, then the bread & butter, and then the entree. Trays were picked up and then Salt & Straw ice cream sea salt with caramel ribbons. Approximately 1 hour prior to landing the Snack Basket came through the cabin w/bananas, Pop Corners sea salt, Oberto beef jerky, Sahale mixed nuts, Be Kind Breakfast Bar Oatmeal & Honey
and THIS was the service done correctly - in case anyone here wonders how a transcon service should be presented. It seems like people do it a variety of ways but this is the correct way order of service.
Eastbay1K and tusphotog like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:00 pm

Date:3/11/19
Route:SEA-PHX
Flight Number:636
Departure time:05:30
Menu: No
Meal description: Breakfast
PDB: OJ; followed by one of the best smoothies I've ever had (forgot ingredients, but it did have Ginger in it) then oatmeal w/grapefruit on the side, scrambled eggs and the BEST bacon I have ever had on a plane (and in most restaurants). Crew were fantastic and my drink was always refilled. 5 star service.

Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:05 pm

Date: 3/14/19
Route:PHX-SEA
Flight Number:649
Departure time: 19:20
Meal description: Dinner
No PDB offered, nuts, followed by turkey sandwich then cookie for desert. Still very good, but less substantial than AA/DL on same route.

Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Date: 3/19/2019
Route: SFO-DAL
Flight Number: 3406
Departure time: 11:50 AM
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack: Choice of Roast Beef Sandwich or Protein Plate. Picked the former. Bit greasy but good. Came with chips. Snack baskets were served after with AS-branded mints. No hot towels. Nuts served mid-flight.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Originally Posted by ASMan
Date:3/11/19
scrambled eggs and the BEST bacon I have ever had on a plane (and in most restaurants). Crew were fantastic and my drink was always refilled. 5 star service.
Absolutely agree with that, I had that exact same meal on SFO-DAL last month. So much that I asked the flight attendant to check with their kitchen on where they sourced this bacon
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K | Delta Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond
Date: Weds, March 20th
Route: DTW-SEA
Flight Number: AS 793
Departure time: 3:20 PM
Meal Description: none given
PDB: No
Plating/Serving Order: Salad, roll, & entree delivered all at same time

Turmeric Oregano Chicken Breast - Boneless chicken breast marinated and roasted with olive oil, turmeric, lemon, and fresh oregano. Served with a Vadouvan curry infused lima bean puree, tender roasted radishes, thyme jus, and micro basil.

Asparagus Risotto - Creamy risotto with crisp asparagus, lava beans, roasted wild mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and fresh pea shoots garnished with cherry tomatoes and shaved parmesan cheese.

I had the Chicken, partner had the Risotto. We each tried a bit of both and both tasted great. Chicken was a bit overcooked but I’ll likely stick with this choice for future flights as I have concerns about how consistent the risotto will be (based on the rice w/ fish dish from earlier this year which ranged the gamut for me from borderline oatmeal/potato mush to dry as a crisp).

As others have noted, cookie appears to have been switched to Chocolate Chip. Ours was delivered immediately after dinner (by far the fastest post dinner to cookie delivery time I've had) and was an absolute mess (but delicious!) - could only imagine how tasty it would be if eaten alongside some ice cream.

Overall, much better than the Delta One food we ate flying AMS-DTW that same day.

Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Lima bean puree? Seriously AS? I hope it tastes better than it looked in the picture.....
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K | Delta Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Lima bean puree? Seriously AS? I hope it tastes better than it looked in the picture.....
I too had a “...?” moment, but it tasted just as described. Personally love lima beans though, so ymmv. I wish they were a bit “wetter” (if that makes any sense) to compensate for the chicken that wasn’t on the drier side, but no. Also thought the radishes were potatoes at first - they were great.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ziron

I too had a “...?” moment, but it tasted just as described. Personally love lima beans though, so ymmv. I wish they were a bit “wetter” (if that makes any sense) to compensate for the chicken that wasn’t on the drier side, but no. Also thought the radishes were potatoes at first - they were great.
I too like lima beans, but would prefer to have them whole rather than mashed up like baby food....honestly, I suspect a lot of folks don't care for lima beans or stewed kale/chard, etc. which makes it an odd choice for an airline meal in which folks generally only have 2 (maybe 3) choices to pick from. I pre-ordered my business class meals the other day for some AA flights and appreciated seeing options I would actually eat at home....mashed potatoes with bacon, asparagus, southern bbq chicken, shrimp/crab pasta, etc....
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Ziron
Also thought the radishes were potatoes at first - they were great.
Glad to hear. Personally, I was more wary of those than the Lima bean purée from the meal description. Roasted radishes aren’t something I see much of on the menus of restaurants I frequent
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 391 PDX to SFO 11:30am departure on 3/24

Snack basket

Another passenger inquired about purchasing a fruit and cheese plate from the back and was told they weren’t stocked on this flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.