Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
unless you were told by someone at Alaska, the fruit and cheese plate hasn't been downgraded in Coach or First Class. For whatever reason, they simply must have forgotten the crackers and chocolate.
And apples
AS Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll
AS 204
SEA/SJD
Feb 5
Lunch
No PDB, Water given later with drink orders. Flight delayed at gate but, door closed. Should have been time for at least water bottles.
No hot towels. Small ramekin of nuts with drink. No menu. Offerings simply described as “Rosemary chicken or “vegetable rice bowl”. No offer of Fruit and cheese plate.
We both requested the chicken. Surprised when it arrived , actually Chicken clementine with Saffron Rice. Glazed onions and Swiss chard were the only good things on the plate. Salad and usual wheat roll. Warm cookie served later.
Again, no second towel service. FA made no attempt to stop Y passengers from coming forward. Carts were not in isle. Had to go to gallley to get refills for water and coffee. She seemed occupied with doing a Mexico turnaround. She was upset to find out she could not get off the plane. Not terrible but, not good either. Just meh.. Dissapointing when flying paid F.
It's possible that they were still being catered (either in front or back) and that's why the plane was delayed at the gate. That may be why they didn't get the water bottles. I hope it's not because they were just being lazy - that's embarrassing.
fruit and cheese plate is only available as a pre-ordered option, it's not a third option on board.
There is no second towel service. Just one, prior to the first beverage service... or at least, that's the way it's supposed to be. Sorry you didn't get that.
No excuse for poor service.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
fruit and cheese plate is only available as a pre-ordered option, it's not a third option on board.
I know on one of my flights this last month, where I cleared F at the gate at SFO and couldn't preorder, both myself and the passenger next to me asked for the fruit and cheese plate and were accommodated. Sounds like the rules were bent a bit.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I know on one of my flights this last month, where I cleared F at the gate at SFO and couldn't preorder, both myself and the passenger next to me asked for the fruit and cheese plate and were accommodated. Sounds like the rules were bent a bit.
They were - which makes it awkward when someone actually does what they're supposed to and looks like the bad guy because someone else wanted to look like the good guy. If you don't preorder, or can't, the fruit and cheese plate is for purchase in F.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Menu: No - the FC attendant read from a menu, but didn't really know the ingredients

We preordered. The pre-order options read as follows:

Montamore Tomato Omelet
Omelet made with cage-free eggs and filled with roasted tomatoes and tangy Montamore cheese. Served with a cranberry-cognac chicken sausage link and herb roasted tricolored potatoes

Sweet Potato Hash
Roasted sweet potatoes served with marinated Tuscan kale, sweet roasted peppers and a soft-cooked egg. Garnished with toasted pumpkin seeds and lemon-infused Greek yogurt.

To start: a cheesy bread roll and some cold poached pear slices.

I had the sweet potato hash - the egg was not soft-cooked
Here's the other breakfast entree from that menu from this mornings 7:10am SFO-EWR:

Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by tom911
Here's the other breakfast entree from that menu from this mornings 7:10am SFO-EWR:

Was this served with the poached pears as well? I can’t quite tell from the picture. If so, how were they? I’ve been on a couple flights where they were amazing and on some others, they were almost inedible
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:04 pm

They're in that dish in the rear left. Tasted fine, but really not much there to enjoy with four small pieces.
osubeavers01 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Date: 2/8/19
Route: SFO-MCO
Flight Number: AS90
Departure time: 07:30
Menu: Yes!
Breakfast

Water PDB after asking for it - that seemed to have prompted Dasani distibution. Pre-ordered Montamore Tomato Omelet. Almost exactly as @tom911 above, but with a cranberry ginger smoothie shot. 2 poached pears and 2 persimmons with a delicious dipping sauce. As an omelet connoisseur, meh, but the cheese was at least the saving taste. Potatoes under cooked IMO. That roll was pretty amazing, though - apple & cinnamon.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:27 am

Date: 2/9/19
Route: MCO-SFO
Departure Time: 16:55
Dinner: Water PDB distributed during boarding. Pre-ordered cod with yogurt sauce (similar to post #94 , but without cucumber). With as many good reviews here I was looking forward to this dish. But, it was a little disappointing to me at least. Cod was dry, but the sauce helped. Carrots ok. The rice was overdone and dry - didn't even eat that. I think that's the first Salt & Straw I've had (salted caramel) and it's amazing. Crew was very attentive on this flight!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Date: 2/10/19
Route: SAN-MCI
Departure Time: 1705
Menu: No
Dinner: E175 operated by SkyWest. Water distributed after boarding but before taxi. Meal was the choice of protein plate or turkey burger. FA was very friendly and attentive. Turkey burger was meh. Cheese, lettuce, tomato. Came with bag of chips. Dessert was a warm chocolate chip cookie. After a meal with geeasy potato chips and a warm chocolate chip cookie, they should come around with another round of hot washcloths.
Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Looking at booking a 7:15p BUR-SEA Horizon flight listed at dinner. Will it just be the fruit/cheese or protein plate? Are hot meals ever served on E-175s?

Thanks--not a frequent AS flyer.

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Feb 11, 2019 at 4:04 pm
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Looking at booking a 7:15p BUR-SFO Horizon flight listed at dinner. Will it just be the fruit/cheese or protein plate? Are hot meals ever served on E-175s?

Thanks--not a frequent AS flyer.
super confused. AS (or Horizon) doesn't fly BUR-SFO. If you're talking about BUR-SJC, I don't see a 715p flight. In any case, on a flight of this length it would probably just a beverage service in First Class - no meal.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by DrAlex
Date: 2/9/19
Route: MCO-SFO
Departure Time: 16:55
Dinner: Water PDB distributed during boarding. Pre-ordered cod with yogurt sauce (similar to post #94 , but without cucumber). With as many good reviews here I was looking forward to this dish. But, it was a little disappointing to me at least. Cod was dry, but the sauce helped. Carrots ok. The rice was overdone and dry - didn't even eat that. I think that's the first Salt & Straw I've had (salted caramel) and it's amazing. Crew was very attentive on this flight!
I am taking this flight in a couple of weeks, was wondering if I would get this menu with the fish or ravioli. I normally go for pasta on flights as there isnt anything to mess up but might try the fish...and the pasta seemed to have weird side items lol.

Edited: Realized you went to SFO, Im going to SAN this flight lol was multitasking

Last edited by bmw745ion19s; Feb 12, 2019 at 8:49 am
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
I am taking this flight in a couple of weeks, was wondering if I would get this menu with the fish or ravioli. I normally go for pasta on flights as there isnt anything to mess up but might try the fish...and the pasta seemed to have weird side items lol.
Yeah, sweet potatoes and pasta with red sauce is... different.
bmw745ion19s likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
You're right....compared to other airlines, AS seems fixated on "weird" side items that some folks may enjoy, but they certainly make little to effort to cater to the masses from a culinary sense. It is what it is...I do have to credit AS for helping "expand" my culinary horizons even if I didn't want them expanded that much The other day I had dinner in F on AA from DFW-PDX and I actually recognized everything on the tray as something I would eat outside of the airplane...chicken with a flavorful mushroom gravy, twice baked potato....strawberry ice cream for dessert....no kale....no strange tasting rice.....no multi-colored potatoes...ah, heaven in row 2
pcoll and rustykettel like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.