Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Date: 2/2/19
Route: PHX-EA
Flight Number: AS2115
Departure Time: 09:10 AM
Scheduled flight time 2h 30m
Meal/Snack: App says "unavailable"

No options this morning. Breakfast tray available consisting of granola, milk, yogurt, dried fruits, (apricot, pear, apple) raisins, walnuts, fresh grapes and a warm bun with butter on the side. Quite substantail and filling. Fresh coffee with Bailey's rounded it off. 😁

Excellent service by Kim.

Breakfaat AS2115 PHX-SEA 2/2/19 09:10
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Date: 2/4/19
Route: SEA-DEN
Flight Number: AS 618
Departure Time: 19:35 PM
Meal/Snack: Snack

Choice of protein plate or turkey burger. Turkey burger came with chips this time, compared to my prior week's flight. Nuts + Ghirardelli chocolate.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
2/1/19
AS #1210
"Lunch"
SFO-PVR

I had a choice of the chicken with clementines, bibimbop (vegetarian rice bowl), or fruit & cheese plate. While I would normally choose a hot entree option, I had the chicken with clementines meal on PDX-ORD in December and with the exception of the salad, it wasn't very good....odd, since you'd think a basic dish like chicken and rice would be pretty hard to mess up, but AS found a way....overly strong orange flavor and although I typically enjoy all kinds of rice dishes (spanish, fried, pilaf, steamed, etc.), this rice had an odd, unappealing flavor that I didn't care for. So, with that said, I played it safe and went with the fruit & cheese plate which the FA plated with the salad (very much appreciated). The fruit & cheese plate was delicious, but I actually prefer the version served in Y since it comes with a lot of crackers that I like to eat my cheese with and this version didn't have any crackers or bread to put the cheese on. Desert was a warm chocolate chip cookie which was delicious as usual.

Last edited by PDXPremier; Feb 6, 2019 at 4:42 pm
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
2/1/19
The fruit & cheese plate was delicious, but I actually prefer the version served in Y since it comes with a lot of crackers that I like to eat my cheese with and this version didn't have any crackers or bread to put the cheese on.
That’s surprising. When I’ve preordered the fruit and cheese in first in the past, it still came with the crackers (and the piece of chocolate). I wonder if this was a catering miss or the new normal for fruit and cheese in first?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by osubeavers01

That’s surprising. When I’ve preordered the fruit and cheese in first in the past, it still came with the crackers (and the piece of chocolate). I wonder if this was a catering miss or the new normal for fruit and cheese in first?
I think this is the new normal...the most current version of the fruit and cheese plate in first is no longer just a plated version of the coach version (sadly)....for example, the first class version also didn't have any apples or chocolate. I asked on Alaska Listens if it were possible to request the coach version in first so we'll see what they say (if anything).
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I've had it both plated and not plated in mid-January, both with crackers and both with the chocolate. Must be a recent change. These were from SFO departures:

Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom911
I've had it both plated and not plated in mid-January, both with crackers and both with the chocolate. Must be a recent change. These were from SFO departures:

The downgraded fruit and cheese plate in first was on Feb. 1st so that may have been the start of catering changes....my hope is that the coach version stays the same.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2/1/19
AS #1264
PDX-SFO
"Snack"

Prior to this flight, I asked the Twitter team what the meal service was going to be and they said this flight was scheduled for the breakfast sandwich and protein plate. Unfortunately, no meals were loaded other than the typical snack basket...oddly enough we had smoothies I know it's still early in the month, but there are enough noticeable changes so far in catering that I wonder if there was some new first class catering modifications that rolled out on the first of the month.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:58 pm

Question: Did AS give you the cookie at the same time you got the fruit & cheese plate?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS
AS 204
SEA/SJD
Feb 5
Lunch
No PDB, Water given later with drink orders. Flight delayed at gate but, door closed. Should have been time for at least water bottles.
No hot towels. Small ramekin of nuts with drink. No menu. Offerings simply described as “Rosemary chicken or “vegetable rice bowl”. No offer of Fruit and cheese plate.
We both requested the chicken. Surprised when it arrived , actually Chicken clementine with Saffron Rice. Glazed onions and Swiss chard were the only good things on the plate. Salad and usual wheat roll. Warm cookie served later.
Again, no second towel service. FA made no attempt to stop Y passengers from coming forward. Carts were not in isle. Had to go to gallley to get refills for water and coffee. She seemed occupied with doing a Mexico turnaround. She was upset to find out she could not get off the plane. Not terrible but, not good either. Just meh.. Dissapointing when flying paid F.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by tom911

Was the cardboard tray F&C a preorder/offered menu option? Just wondering if it was catered that way for First, or FA grabbed one from the back.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I've seen the preorder option a couple times for the fruit and cheese on my late morning flights, and know I've preordered on some of those, but can't recall on these specific meals. I've had 14 flights in F since January 1.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ASMan
Question: Did AS give you the cookie at the same time you got the fruit & cheese plate?
Nope, it was served in the usual small bag after the meal.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by safari ari
Date: 2/4/19
Route: SEA-DEN
Flight Number: AS 618
Departure Time: 19:35 PM
Meal/Snack: Snack

Choice of protein plate or turkey burger. Turkey burger came with chips this time, compared to my prior week's flight. Nuts + Ghirardelli chocolate.
My burger today came with chips as well. A minor, but significant improvement. Still think it’s weird they are serving peppermint chocolate squares though.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The downgraded fruit and cheese plate in first was on Feb. 1st so that may have been the start of catering changes....my hope is that the coach version stays the same.
unless you were told by someone at Alaska, the fruit and cheese plate hasn't been downgraded in Coach or First Class. For whatever reason, they simply must have forgotten the crackers and chocolate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.