Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Various
AS 483 Jan 2019 Snack

Date: Jan 2019
Route: ONT - SEA
Flight Number: AS 483 - B739
Departure time: 7:30 PM
Menu: None
Meal description: Snack: Choice of Warm Turkey Ciabatta or Protein Plate

Water at seat. Hot towel and Beverage/Food order taken. Mini ramekin of warm nuts. I chose the Turkey Ciabatta, which consisted of a full sandwich cut in 1/2...no side/accompaniment. Seattle Chocolate 30 min prior to arrival.

Credit card pitch: Yes

Crew: Friendly “Ontario” based. Hard to believe that, with one or two daily mainline flights out of this station :rolleyes.
pcoll likes this.

Last edited by Robt760; Jan 11, 2019 at 3:29 pm
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:06 pm

AS 2809 Snack Jan 2019

Route: PDX - ONT
Flight Number: AS 2809 E175 Horizon
Departure time: 5:30 PM
Meal description: Snack: Choice of Warm Turkey Cheeseburger or Protein Plate

Water at seat. Hot towel and Beverage/Food order taken. Mini ramekin of warm nuts. Cheeseburger selected... Tray consisted of a full sandwich with Bibb lettuce leaves, two tomato slices, and one scoop of avocado/guacamole on side ...no accompaniment otherwise. Seattle Chocolate 30 min prior to arrival.

Catering aside, I forgot how shockingly primitive the A Terminal OUTDOOR boarding situation is. More on that elsewhere, but REALLY ?

Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760
Route: PDX - ONT
Flight Number: AS 2809 E175 Horizon
Departure time: 5:30 PM
Meal description: Snack: Choice of Warm Turkey Cheeseburger or Protein Plate

Water at seat. Hot towel and Beverage/Food order taken. Mini ramekin of warm nuts. Cheeseburger selected... Tray consisted of a full sandwich with Bibb lettuce leaves, two tomato slices, and one scoop of avocado/guacamole on side ...no accompaniment otherwise. Seattle Chocolate 30 min prior to arrival.

Catering aside, I forgot how shockingly primitive the A Terminal OUTDOOR boarding situation is. More on that elsewhere, but REALLY ?

honestly, I’m fine with the hot sandwich, but can’t they spend 50 cents and include a bag of chips on the side? Maybe they are trying to help with New Year’s Resolutions for weight loss.
bxg101g and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd

honestly, I’m fine with the hot sandwich, but can’t they spend 50 cents and include a bag of chips on the side? Maybe they are trying to help with New Year’s Resolutions for weight loss.
If they go to Costco and get a 54 pack of frito lays, it comes out to $.28 per bag, I can't help but think they can't get bags of chips for a quarter to actually make it a "meal".
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by safari ari
If they go to Costco and get a 54 pack of frito lays, it comes out to $.28 per bag, I can't help but think they can't get bags of chips for a quarter to actually make it a "meal".
it’s the labor and storage that runs up the cost.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd

When I had this meal recently it did come with a bag of chips.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date: 11 Jan 19
Route: SEA-CHS
Flight Number: 728
Departure time: 735a (scheduled) 716a (actual)
Menu: No
Meal description: Breakfast, with choice of sweet potato hash or Montamore tomato omelet. I had the omelet, which was as pictured unthread but with different fruit. My partner pre-ordered fruit and cheese which was also served with the scone and fruit. Smoothie shot (very strong ginger flavor) to start. Coffee or OJ offered as PDB.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Had the fruit and cheese plate on yesterday's AS1106, the 1030 departure SFO-RDU. On this flight, everything was served on one tray. On a similar flight a few days ago, the meal was served in three courses (bread/salad, entree, cookie). Passenger next to me had the chicken which was also served on one tray.

Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Date: 12 Jan 19
Route: PDX-HNL
Flight Number: 833
Departure time: 10:10 (scheduled) 10:30a (actual) (Mechanic electronic log issue)
Menu: Yes
Meal description: Served in two courses, the carrot ginger bisque was very nice. We both opted for the bibimbap bowl (or Rice Bowl as printed on menu) was great for this flight. Egg was cooked to medium (my wife and I love mixing runny eggs with the rice, but for a flight I can understand why that doesn't work!) The gochujang sauce was pretty mild, though I am pretty spice tolerant and prefer to cry through the heat.... We live very close to Salt and Straw so its funny to see it on the plane! Photos by my more talented companion.

Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Legend717
When I had this meal recently it did come with a bag of chips.
So......”All that, and a bag of chips.”
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Although there's a previous photo of the cod, here's what it looks like with the yogurt sauce (from last night's AS1107, the 1920 RDU-SFO):

Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75, United Mileageplus
I can’t find the picture, but a friend had the hash on SEA-SJD and quite enjoyed it
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 771 DCA - PDX on 1/12

choice of cod or ravioli that has been described upthread. Flight attendant apologized that menus hadn’t been loaded and let us know that only 4 ravioli had been loaded. It seemed to work out though, because everyone was able to get their first choice. I was very excited when the salad came out with what looked like a piece of cheese, but sadly, it turned out to be a slice of yellow bell pepper. The cod and rice were good, but the carrots were a little too sweet for me

Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Salt and Straw flavors are so no my favorite, making skipping dessert super easy for me.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lalala
Salt and Straw flavors are so no my favorite, making skipping dessert super easy for me.
Although I probably wouldn't go so far as to skip dessert, I tend agree....for a mass audience on a flight with few to zero choices, I prefer more standard flavor options...just flew DFW-PDX and they had delicious strawberry ice cream for dessert....it's not typically my first choice for ice cream, but it was still quite delicious along with the straw cookie it came with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.