Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
This is late in 2018 but the menu item is "new" so I am posting in 2019.

Date: Dec. 26, 2018

Route: SEA-DEN
Flight Number: 682
Departure time: 5:45 p.m.
Menu: No
Meal description: Snack

After many turkey (hot) and roast beef (cold) sandwiches, this turkey burger tasted great and was a nice change. Protein plate was the other choice. The turkey patty was thick and juicy. I would have liked some mustard and a bag of chips but that is a small quibble. Seattle Chocolates peppermint/dark was dessert. Service was a bit slow/disorganized but not bad.

Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Date: 1/6/19
Route: JFK-LAX
Flight Number: 1411
Departure time: 1:00p ETD (4:00p ATD)
Menu: Yes/No: Yes
Meal description: Dinner

Starter was the leek and potato soup, which was good. Main course choices were the cod or spinach ravioli. I went with the ravioli. Kale seemed a little undercooked but it was probably for the better as it kept the pasta from being overcooked. Came with diced/grilled sweet potatoes and was overall tasty as well.

I'm digging the new meal trays they're using too. Much better than the old cafeteria trays and a good alternative to VX's linen service.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by Xrayman
January 4, 2019
MKE to SEA AS #175
6:40 pm departure
Roasted cod with cucumber yogurt for me
Spinach Bolagnese ravioli for the kid
1/719
Flight #170
SEA to MKE
12:15 pm departure
Pre-ordered the roasted Chicken with Clementines

Last edited by Xrayman; Jan 7, 2019 at 2:09 pm Reason: Updated
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Currently on board AS1106, the 10:30am Airbus departure SFO-RDU. Pre-ordered chicken with clementines and that came with a gooey chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Wasn't provided a menu being that I pre-ordered. Many Clemson fans on board and we had a school cheer at the gate before departure.

Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
THAT looks FANTASTIC.
Perhaps a little bit small. But presentation is very good!

Last edited by dayone; Jan 8, 2019 at 3:27 pm Reason: Redacted quote for readability.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Date: Jan 7, 2018
Route: SEA-HNL
Flight Number: 145
Departure time: 5:45 pm
Menu: No. Tha FA had to make do with a printout with tiny pictures. Fortunately, being Korean, she was able to explain bibimbap in detail.
Meal description: Dinner

I preordered the bibimbap, for which I was praised by the FA. The portion is on the small side and it's been adjusted significantly for an American audience. Example: the egg was cooked to over medium. But it was good and the sauce really was spicy. Some of my fellow passengers did not enjoy the sauce as much as I did. Fancy ice cream afterwards, good as always.

I also love the new trays. Though I wish they would go back to the butter in the wrapper instead of in the dish. I liked warming it in my hands before use.
Attached Images  

Last edited by finlandia; Jan 8, 2019 at 10:12 pm Reason: More detail
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Legend717
THAT looks FANTASTIC.
Perhaps a little bit small. But presentation is very good!
I had this meal the other day on PDX-ORD....I only wished it tasted as half as good as it looks.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:40 pm

On last night's AS1107, the 7:20pm delayed to 9:30pm RDU-SFO Airbus flight, I had spinach bolognese ravioli. Cheese and extra sauce were on the side. The menus were presented with a plastic cover as if they were just pulled out of a binder (and taken back after our selections were made). The on-line menu showed cod as the other option, though unable to preorder meals on this flight.

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 764 from PDX to DCA on 1/10

Choice of sweet potatoe hash or a Montamore tomatoe omlette. I pre ordered the omelette and was very happy with my choice. Flight attendants were excellent, with offers of pre departure beverages and very attentive throughout the flight.

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My unscientific observations are that the turkey burger served as a dinner includes chips and guacamole. Served as a snack, it does not.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Those are our choices for SEA-HNL next week. We have currently picked 1 of each!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
Those are our choices for SEA-HNL next week. We have currently picked 1 of each!
The person next to me chose to skip the meal, so I didn’t get a good look at the hash option. Interested to hear what people think of it
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I know that airline food is a punching bag and complaints about AS' food go back decades. That said, I think AS' F food has gotten better in the last year or two. More imaginative, a bit healthier and it certainly has more eye appeal. Look at the all the colors in the posted images.

Of course, YMMV.
Flying for Fun likes this.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 10, 2019 at 11:20 pm Reason: Typo.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
That said, I think AS' F food has gotten better in the last year or two.
I only started flying Alaska transcons 25 months ago, and I've been pretty happy with Alaska meals. Any recent sightings of my two favorite desserts, though: the Chuckanut Bay cheesecake or the huge, calorie laden brownie?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by dayone
My unscientific observations are that the turkey burger served as a dinner includes chips and guacamole. Served as a snack, it does not.
Since the Turkey Burger seems to be currently present on LAX/SEA routes, I looked up what flights have S (snack) and/or B-L-D (breakfast,lunch dinner) designation for F meal.
Looks like all pmVX flights have meal designation. Our flight is listed as Lunch. All other AS flights have S for snack . Will be interesting to see what is offered, will probably be just plain turkey burger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.