Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 2A

I used to practically commute between Denver and Seattle back in 2004/5. Here are three pics from the Denver to Seattle early morning flight as served in 2005
It looks like DEN flights were catered in the morning (rather than the night before in Seattle) when those pics were taken. Those breakfasts look very familiar, except I was mostly flying SAN-SEA around 2003-5. And yes, I generally enjoyed them. Coach still got a warm scone on those flights up through about 2005. Somewhere a couple years later, AS switched to double catering or overnight catering more flights, and that's when the rather disappointing "pastry and a tub of yogurt" appeared. However, as the SAN station grew, they brought back catering again and all was well...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
What are the orange cubes with the ravioli? Seems a bit odd to be served with a pasta dish
Roasted sweet potatoes. They were actually really good; very well seasoned
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by osubeavers01

Roasted sweet potatoes. They were actually really good; very well seasoned
Thanks, I normally go for the pasta option but with that cod looks great and seems to get great responses too. What type of soup are they serving with the cod?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
It looks like DEN flights were catered in the morning (rather than the night before in Seattle) when those pics were taken. Those breakfasts look very familiar, except I was mostly flying SAN-SEA around 2003-5. And yes, I generally enjoyed them. Coach still got a warm scone on those flights up through about 2005. Somewhere a couple years later, AS switched to double catering or overnight catering more flights, and that's when the rather disappointing "pastry and a tub of yogurt" appeared. However, as the SAN station grew, they brought back catering again and all was well...
First AM DEN-SEA from 2016:

Scrambled eggs, link sausage, & steak hash potatoes thing, with fruit and danish. Other choice was a granola/yogurt plate.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by CDKing
so tried the 808 before landing. FA said she heard a lot of good comments on it, i'm assuming from other flights since i didn't notice any of the other 7 F pax having beer..
Could it have been the 805 blonde ale? It's named after the 805 area code for Paso Robles, in San Luis Obispo County, where it is brewed. I've enjoyed it a few times.
https://blog.alaskaair.com/food-and-...er-and-snacks/
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Have had the Cod every return flight to SEA this year 2019. Never ordered the ravioli. Will try it this week and see.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by tom911
Could it have been the 805 blonde ale? It's named after the 805 area code for Paso Robles, in San Luis Obispo County, where it is brewed. I've enjoyed it a few times.
https://blog.alaskaair.com/food-and-...er-and-snacks/
Yep you are right corrected above.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
I drank the F cabin out of IPA (I swear i only had 3 on transcon) so tried the 805 before landing. FA said she heard a lot of good comments on it, i'm assuming from other flights since i didn't notice any of the other 7 F pax having beer.
Was the beer cold? By that I mean ice cold, not tepid like the Brits seem to enjoy. Years ago I used to order beer on Alaska (I really liked that McTarnahan's Scottish Ale) but more often than not the beer was not served cold. The FA's would always say they'd put the beer on ice, but usually that meant the cans were just sitting on top of the ice. I got tired of returning beers and switched to cocktails.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP
LAX 219 GDL-LAX 8:10PM departure - Snack Basket

What happened to the cookies on the after 8PM snack flights?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP
LAX 290 LAX-GDL

Choice of Breakfast Sandwich or Oatmeal. I thought this breakfast was a little light for a 3hour flight.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Was the beer cold? By that I mean ice cold, not tepid like the Brits seem to enjoy. Years ago I used to order beer on Alaska (I really liked that McTarnahan's Scottish Ale) but more often than not the beer was not served cold. The FA's would always say they'd put the beer on ice, but usually that meant the cans were just sitting on top of the ice. I got tired of returning beers and switched to cocktails.
Nope not ice cold. After a few trips to China, I learned to drink beer at room temperature. I rarely bother chilling now at home
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: AS
AS 1178
LAX/SEA
1:30 pm
Lunch
Seats 2A 2C
No menu
Offered Turkey sandwich or Protein Plate. (I guess row 1 did not take all the protein plates . Not sure what was catered.)
We both chose Turkey sandwich , which was warm with smoked turkey and red Chile sauce.
Glad we had silverware as sandwich was not cut all the way through. Tray looked sparse , only sandwich and silverware.
So, Asked FA if it was possible to get 1 bag of chips . he indicated it would cost me $3.00. "Anything that comes from the back gets charged to passengers, regardless" . We passed on the chips.
Flight was pleasant.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by pcoll
AS 1178
... So, Asked FA if it was possible to get 1 bag of chips . he indicated it would cost me $3.00. "Anything that comes from the back gets charged to passengers, regardless"...
On a PDX-DAL last week, I was served a warmed turkey sandwich, with nothing else on the plate. Seemed strange, but matched several other data points in this thread so didn't say anything.
As I was finishing the meal, the FA stopped by with a bag of chips, saying that for some strange reason, they were catered in the aft galley's cart. It makes me wonder.
The return had the turkey burger. During meal selection I was specifically asked if I wanted chips with the burger.
Both the sandwich and burger were tasty, but I felt were a little small for these mid-range flights. Chips would help. A small salad would be better.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by steve64
On a PDX-DAL last week, I was served a warmed turkey sandwich, with nothing else on the plate. Seemed strange, but matched several other data points in this thread so didn't say anything.
As I was finishing the meal, the FA stopped by with a bag of chips, saying that for some strange reason, they were catered in the aft galley's cart. It makes me wonder.
The return had the turkey burger. During meal selection I was specifically asked if I wanted chips with the burger.
Both the sandwich and burger were tasty, but I felt were a little small for these mid-range flights. Chips would help. A small salad would be better.
DAL-SEA had the sandwich and also had chips served with the meal. Sounds like a catering mixup on your flight
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by bmw745ion19s
Thanks, I normally go for the pasta option but with that cod looks great and seems to get great responses too. What type of soup are they serving with the cod?
Leek and potato soup

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.