Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Date: 12/17/19
Route: JFK-LAX
Flight Number: 229
Departure time: 2015
Menu: Yes
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack: on the schedule as Snack

This was a very unexpected upgrade. The morning of the flight I was 6 or so down the list. Then at the airport I checked and my seat updated to 3D, so I don't know when it happened and why the processor didn't run.

Regardless I'd had dinner in Brooklyn before heading to the airport because even if I got the upgrade it was an after 8PM departure and I wasn't expecting much.

F/A did offer PDB of sparkling wine after most of coach had boarded.

Had some rough air climbing out of JFK, but when the F/A got up she distributed menus first, then came back for drink orders. When she delivered drinks, she took the food orders. I was in row 3 and both options were still available.

Nuts came out first, then everything else on one tray. After tray was cleared, ice cream came out with a small plate, napkin and spoon.

Due to turbulence, coach F/As didn't get up for at least an hour into the flight, and they brought the tablets out. I used one for a while but couldn't get it to charge so switched back to my phone.

First F/A was excellent I think I had six glasses of red wine, which was fine by me.

Old Dec 18, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
12/18/19 | PDX-SAN | AS 720 - 06:00 Departure | No Menu

"Egg and bacon sandwich" (with mystery sauce, which I liked)

Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: Various
Travel + Leisure says Alaska Airlines has the healthiest food in the sky....

https://www.travelandleisure.com/air...ine-plane-food

Last edited by Robt760; Dec 19, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by northwesterner

Date: 12/17/19
Route: JFK-LAX
Flight Number: 229
Departure time: 2015
Menu: Yes
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack: on the schedule as Snack

Good gosh ! How many times can you put Clementine and Fennel in a menu description? 🤯🤯🕵️😂

I can see that good ol Gate Gourmet also cheated....using an orange slice instead of true Clementines 💸
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
12/18/19 | SEA-STL | AS 658 - 17:55 Departure | No Menu

Bread and salad served first

Chicken Breast with Harissa Chicken Jus

Nice meal. I'd definitely order it again.

About an hour before landing I saw the FA putting the snack basket together. About 15 minutes before landing I inquired about it and she brought it to me, offered it to the person next to me, and then took it back and never offered it again...
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
12/18/19 | SEA-STL | AS 658 - 17:55 Departure | No Menu

Bread and salad served first

Chicken Breast with Harissa Chicken Jus

Nice meal. I'd definitely order it again.

About an hour before landing I saw the FA putting the snack basket together. About 15 minutes before landing I inquired about it and she brought it to me, offered it to the person next to me, and then took it back and never offered it again...
I also had this meal yesterday. The couscous (spelling?) didn’t do much for me. Was basically just break crumbs. My chicken breast seemed smaller than what you were served.

Service was also also less than stellar unfortunately. Turbulence precluded any service for the first hour of the flight. Didn’t receive my first drink until 1hr 40 minutes into a 3.5 hour flight. Had to ring the call button for subsequent refills of wine. No PDB either, but our departure was 1.5 hr late so things were hurried so I sorta sympathize. We were at the bus gates so catering was happening during boarding.

The butter pecan cookies for dessert were phenomenal!

Last edited by dayone; Dec 20, 2019 at 3:54 pm Reason: Deleted quoted image for readability.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 8:55 am
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Pre-Order menu:

AS 17 PHL-SEA, December 22, 2019.

DUT

Old Dec 21, 2019, 9:33 am

Same choice’s for my upcoming MCO to SFO flight.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Yesterday's FLL-SEA flight was breakfast, with either the new Mushroom Omelette with Bacon and Potato Cake, or another choice I don't remember.

I had the omelette, taste was on point, bacon was hot and crispy. Potato cake had perfect texture and was seasoned well. Only complaint was the granola... it tasted like parts of it had been burned. Of course, it's still the strange "dump it in the yogurt" situation. Service from the inflight team was amazing, my glass was never dry.

As long as you are OK with mushrooms, I highly recommend it.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: AS 100K
AS810 SEA-SNA
1150AM DEP, LUNCH?

chicken salad or sandwich offered. Went with salad. Kinda bland compared to the other salads I've had on AS. No bread roll was served, miscater perhaps?

FA was not as attentive as your typical AS FA but Still very nice. She even cleared all trays while she rolled a cart down the F cabin, new procedure? . Never had seen that on AS before.

zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 3:06 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Jfk-sfo, 31 dec 2019

Alaska’s app is the worst. I found out I was upgraded by logging into the website. Checked out what’s being served on the website, and was left with nothing but disappointment. Both options suck. Option one by virtue of the mushrooms that are in the omelet, and option two because of an avocado crema that I would love if I didn’t already have an avocado allergy. I guess I’m eating a crappy BEC on fake bagel again to round out my year aboard Alaska.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uxb
Alaska’s app is the worst. I found out I was upgraded by logging into the website. Checked out what’s being served on the website, and was left with nothing but disappointment. Both options suck. Option one by virtue of the mushrooms that are in the omelet, and option two because of an avocado crema that I would love if I didn’t already have an avocado allergy. I guess I’m eating a crappy BEC on fake bagel again to round out my year aboard Alaska.
No F&C??

I always get the F&C.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Just tell them to hold the avocado crema, it's added at the end after it's heated.
sltlyamusd likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Saw something new for my flights next week, can pick the options for return flight from DAL but not the outbound, wonder why? BTW, I see some new options for these Skywest flights, goodby the turkey burger.
Chicogirl likes this.

Last edited by bdhaliwa; Jan 1, 2020 at 1:17 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:05 am

Has a new 2020 thread been started?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.