Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Food for my return flight HNL-SEA on 11/6 has now been added to the app. Options are:

- Chicken with Mushroom
Tender chicken breast filled with picini and morel mushrooms. Servced with roast zucchini and pepper, accompanied by saffron rice. Topped with a mushroom sauce including parsley and lemon zest.
- Fruit & Cheese Platter
- Korean Bibimbap
Seam Calrose rice topped with fresh shitake musrhoom and spinach sauteed with sesame oil and garlic. Topped with over-easy egg and homemafe picked vegetables, and served with a spicy-sweet gochujang (Korean red pepper) sauce and scallions.

I have to say the Bibimbap sounds yummy. The Chicken with mushroom sounds like the dish that has been seen/pictures a lot on this list. Anyone had the bibimbap?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 347 OMA to PDX on 10/29
choice of turkey burger or some kind of salad with pumpkin seeds

Old Oct 29, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Wow. Looks like what would be served in Soviet Russia. "You order burger, comrade? FA eat half. Praise Mother Russia."
atcanobbio and bon mot like this.

Last edited by dayone; Oct 29, 2019 at 10:46 pm Reason: Redact quoted image for readability.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by Bellerina
Food for my return flight HNL-SEA on 11/6 has now been added to the app. Options are:

- Chicken with Mushroom
Tender chicken breast filled with picini and morel mushrooms. Servced with roast zucchini and pepper, accompanied by saffron rice. Topped with a mushroom sauce including parsley and lemon zest.
- Fruit & Cheese Platter
- Korean Bibimbap
Seam Calrose rice topped with fresh shitake musrhoom and spinach sauteed with sesame oil and garlic. Topped with over-easy egg and homemafe picked vegetables, and served with a spicy-sweet gochujang (Korean red pepper) sauce and scallions.

I have to say the Bibimbap sounds yummy. The Chicken with mushroom sounds like the dish that has been seen/pictures a lot on this list. Anyone had the bibimbap?
I like the bibimbap. It’s lighter and the vegetarian option. The egg is usually more hard than over easy. But it’s my go to choice usually.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Perhaps “This is an old mid-con entree” instead of “meal” might have made it clearer? Meals can have multiple courses.
LOL... you got it. Next time...
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Perhaps “This is an old mid-con entree” instead of “meal” might have made it clearer? Meals can have multiple courses.

i was fine with it as the main.
It was an On Tray. Pretty much all food served on AS is an On Tray these days. There. Simple, and avoids unnecessary arguments re: semantics!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Various
AS 444 10/29 7:30 PM Dep

Date: Oct 29
Route: SEA LAX
Flight Number: 444
Departure time: 7:30 PM
Menu: No
Meal description Snack
A/C: B739

No PDB
No Water at Seat

Water Bottles offered as beverage service ?!?
Hot Towel
Nut Ramekin
Meal Order Taken

Meal Choice:

Turkey Romanesco Sandwich with Potato Chips

or

Roasted Chicken Salad with ciabatta roll/butter

both included Seattle Chocolate

Lacking Service overall. Meal orders were not delivered until 90 minutes into the flight. Once again have to mention...water bottles offered as beverage service ? Wow!

PA Mint not offered.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by williwaw
I like the bibimbap. It’s lighter and the vegetarian option. The egg is usually more hard than over easy. But it’s my go to choice usually.
Thanks Williwaw. That was sounding nicer to me anyways, glad someone confirmed it. Ordering it now.
williwaw likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:44 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
AS 335
10/29/19
OAK-SEA

Upgraded an hour before the flight so no menu in-app
Best FA I've ever had in F served PDBs of our choice.

Warm nuts (that hadn't been overheated) served in the now shrunken tiny ramekin

Choice of either the Turkey Slime Burger or Steak Salad
Chose the steak salad which was tasty although utterly tiny portion (three bites worth) of steak

FA and I chatted about how AS was trying too hard with its meals and really should return to simple menu offerings; we both (plus both pilots) agreed that the cheeseburger and chips (which was served plain and included packets of mayo, ketchup, and mustard -- thus not already beslimed by mayo glop as seems so popular with AS marketing these days) that was often formerly served was one of the best meals AS ever had. ^

Service was stellar and fast throughout the short flight and never felt rushed.

(Landed early and, of course, squandered that goodwill by there not being a gate ready at SEA as is so very often the case in the evenings of late)
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
10/30 LAX-PDX 350p departure: choice of salad with roast beef or a turkey burger.
10/31 PAE-PHX 12p departure: choice of a salad with chicken or a turkey sandwich. Salad was the same as the other salad just with olives and chicken instead of roast beef.

The meat on the salads was good. The rest of the salad was unmemorable and uninspiring. The bread was good (and warm on the E175!).
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: Mileage Plan
What is the "Lunch" offered on intra-CA Skywest flights? I have an OO flight next Monday SNA-SFO with the meal coded as "Lunch".
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mfolf
What is the "Lunch" offered on intra-CA Skywest flights? I have an OO flight next Monday SNA-SFO with the meal coded as "Lunch".
I wouldn't expect much of anything. I've had a breakfast coded flight that had the snack basket on that route.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mfolf

My guess is that is a coding error. You won't get lunch.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:57 pm
DUT

Programs: MVPG
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
It’s a snack basket on LAX to/from SFO route, so I would also anticipate same.

DUT
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Agreed. It's barely half the miles flown that are required for meal service. This flight is always a snack basket, spoken from experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.