Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bellerina
I am on the SEA-HNL Flight #893 Depart 8am on 11/2/19.
Food menu on the AS App to reserve food gives the following options:

Spinach and Parmesan Kabocha Frittata
Cage free eggs and tangy Greek yogurt whisked together and baked into a savory frittata with sauteed spinach, roast Kabocha pumpkin, and Parmesan. Served with chicken sausage, roasted red potatoes, and a sage sumac dressing. This dish can be made vegetarian by holding the chicken sausage.

Fruit & Cheese Plate
It's an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher's Flagship cheese, Tillamook sharp cheddar and brie, Partners crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.

Marinated Kale Breakfast Bowl
Poached cage-free egg nestled on top of roasted tri-color potatoes and marinated Tuscan Kale. Served with bacon crumbles, and garnished with diced avocado and feta cheese. This dish can be made vegetarian by holding the bacon crumbles.

I'm trying to decide between the frittata and the kale bowl. I know there was some debate on the kale bowl. I love a poached egg, but I'm not egg-cited about the kale.
I'm not a kale fan at all (especially for breakfast), but I had this earlier this month on SEA-PVR and it was ok. I'd still rather have a good Tillamook Cheddar and bacon omelette with some potatoes over this any day, but it was edible and it was fairly easy to pick around the kale As a side note, I asked the FA if she could leave the kale off, but she said no and implied it's already pre-plated in the dish.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
AS 14 SEA-EWR 10-18-19- roast chicken

Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm not a kale fan at all (especially for breakfast), but I had this earlier this month on SEA-PVR and it was ok. I'd still rather have a good Tillamook Cheddar and bacon omelette with some potatoes over this any day, but it was edible and it was fairly easy to pick around the kale As a side note, I asked the FA if she could leave the kale off, but she said no and implied it's already pre-plated in the dish.
the kale is in a separate container so not sure why she said that. Seen it with my own eyes. Actually served it.
steve64, be_rettSEA and Bellerina like this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
This is an old mid-con meal (from last year, IIRC). Never thought it was that great... too bad to see it resurrected on a transcontinental route.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
The FAs on my < 2 hour west coast flights this week didn’t raid the snack basket and steal all the beef jerky first. I consider that a win!
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
AS 480 SEA to OMA on 10/26

choice of turkey sandwich or salad with chicken

Old Oct 27, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Looks like they are putting less slime on the sandwich these days....
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metallo
This is an old mid-con meal (from last year, IIRC). Never thought it was that great... too bad to see it resurrected on a transcontinental route.
Pretty sure I've never been served soup + salad + main + dessert (not pictured, Salt and Straw ice cream) on a midcon in my 10+ years of being some level of AS elite.
sltlyamusd and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Pretty sure I've never been served soup + salad + main + dessert (not pictured, Salt and Straw ice cream) on a midcon in my 10+ years of being some level of AS elite.
I'm absolutely sure.

I think there was a time when the longest midcon routes, maybe SEA-MSY and -DTW, were catered as transcons, but that was more than two years ago.

Last edited by dayone; Oct 28, 2019 at 10:47 pm Reason: Correcting the airport code.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K

Same meal on my PDX-OGG flight last night. I thought it was pretty tasty. Topped off with some Salt and Straw, of course.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
I'm absolutely sure.

I think there was a time when the longest midcon routes, maybe SEA-MSY and -DET, were catered as transcons, but that was more than two years ago.
I haven't received such catering on midcons, either... but that also isn't what I said (or even suggested) in my post.

I'm not really sure how what I posted was not only misunderstood but also seemed to generate somewhat sarcastic replies.

I felt it would be quite clear that I was referencing the entrée itself, not all the accompaniments (like soup and ice cream), and this particular chicken dish is, without a doubt, a repeat that was served previously on midcon flights.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
I'm absolutely sure.

I think there was a time when the longest midcon routes, maybe SEA-MSY and -DET, were catered as transcons, but that was more than two years ago.
DTW, ATL, RDU, CHS and MSY were all catered as transcons in the past. Now they are known as "Long Haul" routes. The catering reference has been changed so that transcons are no longer a catering standard. Instead they now distinguish between "Premium Long Haul" and "Long Haul. That said, Soup has never been served to any of the destinations listed earlier - this entree may well have been on a rotation - but soup was never part of the dinner offering on any midcon or (as it's now known) long haul route.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:58 pm

Date: 10/28
Route: DFW-PDX
Flight Number: Alaska 655
Departure time: 15:15
Menu: no
Meal description (if given): Dinner

No PDB or menus. However the flight attendant showed us her “meal instruction sheet” and asked us for the option we wanted that way which was interesting.

Enchilada Casserole was not bad, it also looked better than the rockfish, which was the alternative option.

Description was roast vegetables with tortilla, sour cream, and green chili sauce. Green rice was served on bottom.

dessert was a snickerdoodle cookie followed by the snack basket.

Enchilada Casserole with Bread and Salad

Butternut Squash Enchilada Casserole
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
the kale is in a separate container so not sure why she said that. Seen it with my own eyes. Actually served it.
I'm not sure why she said that either....my guess is that she maybe had never served it before so she didn't really know and/or didn't bother to check.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metallo
I haven't received such catering on midcons, either... but that also isn't what I said (or even suggested) in my post.

I'm not really sure how what I posted was not only misunderstood but also seemed to generate somewhat sarcastic replies.

I felt it would be quite clear that I was referencing the entrée itself, not all the accompaniments (like soup and ice cream), and this particular chicken dish is, without a doubt, a repeat that was served previously on midcon flights.
Perhaps “This is an old mid-con entree” instead of “meal” might have made it clearer? Meals can have multiple courses.

i was fine with it as the main.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.