FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1947731-what-will-alaska-airlines-serving-first-class-your-flight-2019-a.html)

PUCCI GALORE Jan 23, 2019 7:41 am

Excuse me dropping by, but as I am flying from SEA to SAN in F, I find that this is shown as Snack. Which direction do they take the meal orders in the cabin- front to back or back to front?

Many Thanks!

BOB W Jan 23, 2019 8:06 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 30690285)
Excuse me dropping by, but as I am flying from SEA to SAN in F, I find that this is shown as Snack. Which direction do they take the meal orders in the cabin- front to back or back to front?

Many Thanks!

I cannot remember the last time I saw a back to front. It has been years so I am sure you will see front to back.

PUCCI GALORE Jan 23, 2019 9:51 am

Originally Posted by BOB W (Post 30690377)
I cannot remember the last time I saw a back to front. It has been years so I am sure you will see front to back.

Bob - that is so helpful - Many Thanks!

Xrayman Jan 23, 2019 10:59 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 30690813)
Bob - that is so helpful - Many Thanks!

on occasion I’ve been asked first even if sitting in row 3 as opposed to row 1.

be_rettSEA Jan 23, 2019 11:12 am

Have seen Airbus (pmVX) crews do 1DF, 2DF, 2AC, 1AC before which I found particularly annoying, but in general front to back.

PUCCI GALORE Jan 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Xrayman (Post 30691117)

on occasion I’ve been asked first even if sitting in row 3 as opposed to row 1.

Then I suspect that you look good enough to eat.( I am sorry, I am accustomed to being frivolous over at BA Forum and realise that this might not be appreciated at a more solemn yet friendly place) or bear more than a passing resemblence to George Clooney (I've had him as a passenger twice!)

osubeavers01 Jan 23, 2019 3:55 pm

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5d633605a.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...78f72ed03.jpeg
AS 764 PDX-DCA on 1/23

Choice of omlette or sweet potato hash

I finally got a chance to try the sweet potato hash. While it was very good and I would happily eat it again, I still prefer the omlette option

Xrayman Jan 23, 2019 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 30691952)
Then I suspect that you look good enough to eat.( I am sorry, I am accustomed to being frivolous over at BA Forum and realise that this might not be appreciated at a more solemn yet friendly place) or bear more than a passing resemblence to George Clooney (I've had him as a passenger twice!)

75K and likely selected out to make sure I was provided first choice. My typical response is let everyone else choose and I’ll take what’s left over. Usually have the meals 4 times a week. My routine routes frequently have FA that I’m familiar with as well as my family.

safari ari Jan 23, 2019 6:23 pm

Date: Jan. 21, 2019
Route: LAX-SEA
Flight Number: 618
Departure time: 19:35
Menu: No
Meal description: Dinner

Described as turkey sandwich, but different than the usual turkey and gouda. This had sauteed onions, tomato, some rocket lettuce and the turkey tasted more honey smoked, which im personally not a fan of, on focaccia. But still decent enough for the ride. Other option was protein plate as expected. I like how they give you utensils for a sandwich. Ghiradelli peppermint chocolate square pre-landing, even though I had a few too many from the lounge prior to the flight.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d25af39600.jpg

FlightNurse Jan 23, 2019 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kurt (Post 30687376)
Date: Jan. 12, 2019
Route: DEN-SEA
Flight Number: 369
Departure time: 6:00 a.m.
Meal description: Breakfast

No choice on this flight; I was expecting eggs of some sort or the protein plate. Instead it was a selection of dried fruit and nuts, plus granola/milk, a peach/passion fruit yogurt and a roll/butter. Not a terrible breakfast but rather light on protein.

One can assume that this was a doubled catered flight which is pretty weak as best.

rustykettel Jan 23, 2019 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 30692808)
One can assume that this was a doubled catered flight which is pretty weak as best.

The early morning DEN would RON there, or at least it did. Would it still be double catered or loaded in the morning?

FlightNurse Jan 23, 2019 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 30693087)
The early morning DEN would RON there, or at least it did. Would it still be double catered or loaded in the morning?

Looking at the meal and since there was no other choice, I would assume it was double catered out of the night before. pack the cart with dry ice would keep the yougert and milk cold.

sltlyamusd Jan 24, 2019 1:11 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse (Post 30693291)
Looking at the meal and since there was no other choice, I would assume it was double catered out of the night before. pack the cart with dry ice would keep the yougert and milk cold.

I actually think it looks a bit better than what I've seen in the past on some double catered R.O.N. flights. I remember when I used to fly SAN-SEA about ten years ago on the 6:30 AM flight, they offered a hot pastry and a tub of yogurt. That was it for a 3 hr flight.

bmw745ion19s Jan 24, 2019 11:43 am

Flying MCO-SAN soon, looks like pre-ordering is available for these flights. Interested to see what is offered!

DaWhirledTraveller Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Date: 21 Jan 2019
Route: SEA-SJC
Flight Number: 3432
Departure time: 1630
Meal description (if given) Snack: Protein Plate or Turkey Burger

Orders taken front to back. Selected the Turkey Burger (as pictured in Post 16)

Nuts and Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark were served after the snack was delivered.