Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 1, 20, 10:50 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: pcoll
Wiki Link
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 28, 19, 7:31 pm

Date: 6/22/2019
Route: PDX-PHX
Flight Number: AS 2176
Departure time: 3:15
Menu: No
Lunch

No PDB offered.
options were a chicken sandwich with chips or a Chicken Salad with Vinegerette.

chicken sandwich was tasty even though it Looked like it was squashed. It had bacon, cheese, and lettuce.

Have pictures but unable to post due to my lack of posts 😂
Old Jun 29, 19, 11:03 am

Date: June 29, 2019
BWI-PDX Pre-Order
AS385

Mezzeluna Shiitake Edamame: "Handmade pasta half-moons filled with roasted shittake mushroom and edamame puree. Served with sesame sauteed spinach, grilled scallions, and creamy miso-mushroom sauce."
-or-
Peruvian Chicken Breast: Roasted boneless chicken breast seasoned with lemon, cumin, paprika, and garlic. Served with roasted summer squashes, fried rice with bacon and vegetables, and a zesty Peruvian green sauce."
Old Jun 29, 19, 11:56 am

Hi all,

What can i expect for breakfast SEA-ANC, ANC-SEA in 2 weeks? Also, my friend is on my confirmation number (2 people total). Will I be able to reserve our meals? Or does having 2 people on the reservation preclude that?
Old Jun 29, 19, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd View Post
Does anyone know what is served in F on a morning SEA-ANC flight (AS 83, coded for breakfast)?
I'm taking this flt in a couple weeks. Do you remember what you had for breakfast?
Old Jun 30, 19, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K and Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by osubeavers01 View Post
AS 372 PDX - BWI on 6/25

Was too busy working, so forgot to take a picture of the frittata. Already preordered for my next flight on 6/30, so will try to snap pics then. It kind of reminded me of a quiche. Overall, a tasty breakfast and Iím looking forward to having it again next week

AS 764 PDX - DCA on 6/30
Same options as my flight last week (listed above), but this time I remembered to snap some pics of the food:

TheBeerHunter likes this.
Old Jul 1, 19, 12:07 am

Programs: Various
As 305 ont-sea breakfast

Date: 6/27
Route: ONT-SEA
Flight Number: 305
Departure time: 9:50 AM
Meal description: Breakfast
Aircraft: B 739 (Hurray, no AB at ONT). FULL FLIGHT

Choices:

Eggs/Frittata with bacon and a cluster of grapes

or

Granola with Yogurt

Both came with a fruit smoothie and choice of beverage. No roll/bread/starch. Plenty of beverage refills.
Old Jul 1, 19, 12:19 am

Programs: Various
AS 550 sea-ont dinner

Date: June 28, 2019
Route: SEA-ONT
Flight Number: 550
Departure time: 7:35 PM
Meal description: Dinner
Aircraft: B739

Choices:

Chicken Sandwich (with ?)

or

Chicken Quinoa Salad w/ greens and Balsamic Vinaigrette and Roll w/ butter

All Included: Beverage Service w/ no accompaniment. One Seattle Truffle/Chocolate on tray. Plenty of refills offered + PAM.

My choice: Salad. It was a medium sized portion with about 3 oz of chicken. Awkward to eat out of square bowl. Snack would be a better wording for this meal. I heard 3 requests for Fruit and Cheese Plate. I guess these options are not really popular, when people want F+C from Coach.
Old Jul 1, 19, 6:02 am

Date: July 14, 2019
PDX-BOS Pre-Order
AS 1172

Beef Sirloin w/ Chermoula
Buttered Baby Green Beans, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Corn Hash

Chard Manicoti
Hand Rolled Pasta Stuffed w. Swiss Chard and Ricotta cheese. Served w. roasted portabella mushrooms, grilled yellow tomatoes. Topped w/ fresh arugula and a vegetarian bolognese sauce.

Anyone have any recommendations here?
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:07 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by sgan317 View Post
Date: July 14, 2019
PDX-BOS Pre-Order
AS 1172

Beef Sirloin w/ Chermoula
Buttered Baby Green Beans, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Corn Hash

Chard Manicoti
Hand Rolled Pasta Stuffed w. Swiss Chard and Ricotta cheese. Served w. roasted portabella mushrooms, grilled yellow tomatoes. Topped w/ fresh arugula and a vegetarian bolognese sauce.

Anyone have any recommendations here?
Had the chard manicotti on a recent flight. It was as good as anything Iíve had on Alaska though kinda weird that it was served with tomatoes and arugula which were both also in the salad.

The other option on that flight was a chicken dish though and the manicotti definitely looked better. I had a slightly different sirloin on another recent flight and would recommend the manicotti over it as long as youíre ok with vegetarian food with lots of cheese.
Old Jul 1, 19, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K and Marriott Platinum
AS 771 DCA - PDX on 7/1

Chooce of Peruvian chicken breast or Mezzeluna shiitake edamame. I had preordered, so didnít take a menu to snap a picture of it.

Went with the chicken option. Both a soup and salad were offered, but I asked them to leave off the salad. Salt and straw ice cream for dessert (some kind of mountain blackberry flavor).

The ďzesty Peruvian green sauceĒ on the chicken was flavorful and had a surprising amount of heat to it. Iíd definitely order this again. Iím not sure how successful the bacon fried rice was, but it was edible

Old Jul 2, 19, 1:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Date: July 2, 2019
Route: SEA-ANC
Flight Number: 121
Departure time: 12:30 AM
Meal description: None
Aircraft: B739

Snack basket passed a few times to the few of us awake. No PDB except water bottle, but excellent service in the air for a red-eye.
Old Jul 2, 19, 10:29 pm

LAX-SEA Breakfast

Date: July 2, 2019
Route: LAX-SEA
Flight Number: 503
Departure time: 6:50am
Breakfast: Was given choice of Egg Frittata with Bacon, or Yogurt with fruit. I chose the frittata and it was really good. Bacon was really tasty despite it being a little rubbery, and the grapes on the side were good. Would definitely do it again. PDB offered was Coffee or OJ only. Service was good, kept the drinks mostly full. No other snacks offered outside of a smoothie before meal and a mint after meal.

Last edited by wyzfly; Jul 25, 19 at 3:00 pm Reason: added to better format
Old Jul 3, 19, 2:04 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by AS Flyer View Post
The language on the breakfast menu is not in sync with the way we're told to serve breakfast. Breakfast is supposed to be served all on one tray, at least according to what we're told. Lunch/Dinner on Premium Long Haul flights (all east coast except for RDU/CHS - and I don't know why not those) are the only flights meant to be served in courses. In any case, the farmers breakfast bowl is pretty tasty I think - glad you liked it.
Does ORD count as East Coast?
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by PDXNRTLHR View Post
Does ORD count as East Coast?
No.
Old Jul 8, 19, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA PremEx-MM
AS3 DCA-SEA
July 6, 2019
6:55 p.m. - 9:55 p.m.
Dinner - Menus: Yes

We pushed back on time but immediately taxied to the penalty box where we were treated to a spectacular thunderstorm with 40 mph wind, lightning and heavy rain. We got going after about an hour.

Menus were distributed pre-flight. Wines/beverages are not listed on the reverse as they were in the recent past. They are still in the current "Binge Nonstop" service folder found in the seatback.

Warm nuts and drinks next. I had the "mule" with vodka and some warm nuts.

Wonderful cloud formations over the stormy Ohio valley below.

Soup/salad. My only complaint was that the soup was served a bit on the cool side.

Peruvian Chicken. A nice dish; the sauce is indeed a bit spicy. We got it in a ramekin, not poured on the chicken as shown above.

Finally, Salt & Straw huckleberry ice cream. Very tasty.

The snack basket came around a couple of hours later. Nice, energetic crew. We only arrived 59 minutes late in Seattle.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: