Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
I just flew on the SFO-JFK red-eye, and we were given the little smoothie shot right before landing. Not sure if it is standard service, nor is it anything even remotely substantial.
forgot about the smoothie shot. Yes, you also get a smoothie shot. Not meant to be substantial, just a little "pick me up" before you leave.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Date: June 04, 2019
Route: JFK-SEA
Flight Number: AS 439
Departure Time: 9:00am
Meal/Snack: Breakfast
Menu: Yes
Meal/Snack Description: I had the Farmers Market Breakfast bowl served all at once without the FA asking me for my preference. Needed more seasoning than the salt and pepper packet could provide. Overall, very tasty and substantial. The omelet looked good, but the guy next to me only took a few bites of his. AS catering is showing signs of improvements. The snack basket came around twice and the FA took good care of us.

Carfield and pcoll like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
Date: June 04, 2019
Route: JFK-SEA
Flight Number: AS 439
Departure Time: 9:00am
Meal/Snack: Breakfast
Menu: Yes
Meal/Snack Description: I had the Farmers Market Breakfast bowl served all at once without the FA asking me for my preference. Needed more seasoning than the salt and pepper packet could provide. Overall, very tasty and substantial. The omelet looked good, but the guy next to me only took a few bites of his. AS catering is showing signs of improvements. The snack basket came around twice and the FA took good care of us.

The language on the breakfast menu is not in sync with the way we're told to serve breakfast. Breakfast is supposed to be served all on one tray, at least according to what we're told. Lunch/Dinner on Premium Long Haul flights (all east coast except for RDU/CHS - and I don't know why not those) are the only flights meant to be served in courses. In any case, the farmers breakfast bowl is pretty tasty I think - glad you liked it.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AS Flyer

youll get soup and a sandwich. No breakfast.
I had this when I flew redeye PDX-JFK back in April. It was pretty good as a midnight snack!

Last edited by BW Flyer; Jun 6, 2019 at 11:51 pm Reason: Corrected punctuation
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by BW Flyer

I had this when I flew redeye PDX-JFK back in April. It was pretty good as a midnight snack!
LAX-JFK 9? PM departure May 30 was cream of asparagus soup with a beef/cheese/arugula sandwich. Good taste and nice snack before sleep time.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
The farmers breakfast bowl is fantastic!
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
AS477 SBA-SEA
2:15 p.m. - Lunch
737-800 - 1F

Like Post 408 - offered as a "chicken club." Warm nuts (seconds offered), plus a G&T. Protein plate was the second choice.

Served with Luke's Organic sea salt potato chips. It looks a bit squashed but tasted good, especially the bacon.

Seattle Chocolate sea salt truffle (I guess sea salt is the kind of salt to have at the moment) and some Pinot Noir to finish. I did not know the city napkins had little blurbs on the back - kind of interesting to note. Excellent service!

Last edited by Kurt; Jun 13, 2019 at 4:04 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
AS1179 SEA-DEN
7:50 p.m. - Dinner
A320 - 1A

Also a nice flight but distinctly different on an Airbus.

No nuts with my Pinot Noir this time, which was served in a tumbler instead of a slender wine glass. A more generous portion

Roast beef sandwich or protein plate (like Post 406); a bit messy but also tasty. Same chips and chocolate on the tray. We arrived 15 minutes early.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
ANC-SEA
10/12, 8AM

Breakfast sandwich (egg, bacon/ham/pork belly) or oatmeal (no milk though). Also a small smoothie shot and a couple small pieces of fruit.

Sandwich was OK. But oatmeal w/o milk?

Oh, catering didn't load the snack basket goodies so an FA from the back brought up a selection of items.

Last edited by philemer; Jun 13, 2019 at 3:29 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS
[QUOTE=davesam12;31129228]#3391 Alaska SkyWest SAN-MCI E175. Dinner

Choice of Roast Beef sandwich with chips or Protein Plate with grilled chicken strips and hummus, pita, egg, grapes, Brie. QUOTE]
Something like this was served SEA/LAX. 6-12-19. AS 1784. Noon Departure
The size surprised me this time. Much smaller than I remember.
Plate was about 8 inches by 4 inches. Less than a tablespoon of hummus in micro ramekin. 3 pieces of mini pita, 2X2 inches in size. 1/2 egg, 5 grapes, 3 pieces of chicken and Brie wedge. 2 small slivers of orange.
Not sure this would qualify as a lunch, seemed more like snack offering for afternoon flight.
Micro ramekin of nuts served with drink order.
Passenger across aisle asked for F & C platter from Y. It was brought forward and she was charged for item.
Inflight service was fine.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
ANC-SEA
10/12, 8AM

Breakfast sandwich (egg, bacon/ham/pork belly) or oatmeal (no milk though). Also a small smoothie shot and a couple small pieces of fruit.

Sandwich was OK. But oatmeal w/o milk?

Oh, catering didn't load the snack basket goodies so an FA from the back brought up a selection of items.
seems inadequate for a 3+ hr flight.
philemer likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
On the menu for my PDX-EWR at the end of the month are:

Greek Yogurt Frittata: Cage-free eggs and tangy Greek yogurt whisked together and baked into a savory frittata with sautéed spinach, oven roasted tomatoes, and feta cheese. Served with basil-parmesan chicken sausage, and a frisee salad dressed with avocado, bacon, and red wine vinaigrette.

Heirloom Tomato Shakshuka: Poached cage-free egg nestled in a savory stew of ripe heirloom tomatoes, peppers, and fresh herbs. Served with sautéed rainbow Swiss chard, chicken chorizo sausage, and diced avocado.

Have these been featured before? Anyone have photos?
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
AS 680. SEA-PHX breakfast sandwich. Tasty but FlyerTalk is still an abortion when it comes to uploading photos, so no pictures for you.

Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:01 am

Date: 6/17/2019
Route: BOS-SFO
Flight Number: Alaska 1351
Departure time: 8:00
Menu: No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast

PDB: Orange Juice or Coffee
Options: Caprese Omelet or Corn and Bacon Hash (I ordered corn and bacon hash).
Corn and Bacon Hash contained roasted corn, diced applewood bacon and tomatoes topped with a cage free egg. Also contained feta cheese and salsa verde. Meal also had a smoothie shot and Greek yogurt and bread

Last edited by gold10829; Jun 18, 2019 at 10:29 pm
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS
Gold 10829. Welcome to Flyertalk!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.