Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Old May 30, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
AS 618 SEA-DEN
5/29/19 19:40
Dinner

PDB of sparkling wine or OJ, with water at seat already. Choice between protein plate (with orange sriracha hummus, lord have mercy) or roast beef and cheddar sandwich. Hot towel done first. Nuts, in a thimble, distributed with drinks after takeoff, sandwich came with bag of chips and Seattle Chocolate. Mints distributed from bowl before landing. Added bonus of the Cascades on climb-out.

pcoll and tstauck like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date: May 29, 2019
Route: FAI-SEA
Flight Number: AS 234
Departure Time: 10:35am
Meal/Snack: Luncheon
Menu: None
Meal/Snack Description: Chicken Breast with Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus ~or~ Tri-colored Cheese Tortellini

Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date: June 02, 2019
Route: ONT-SEA
Flight Number: AS 483
Departure Time: 5:00pm
Meal/Snack: Snack
Menu: None
Meal/Snack Description: Warm Chicken and Bacon Sandwich ~or~ Protein Plate. Despite this being a dinner hour 2:20 minute flight, only a snack was offered. There wasn't very much chicken in the sandwich. The mustard packet was supplied by me. Otherwise good service.

Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:45 am

What will I get?

Wondering what to expect on my upcoming redeye flight in F?
SEA-BOS flight 24
depart: 11:50 PM
arrive: 8:20AM
Do you think i will get a breakfast prior to arrival?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:49 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Date: June 4, 2019
Route: SFO-MCO
Flight Number: 1300
Departure time: 7AM
Menu: Yes/No Yes
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack: Breakfast Gruyere omelet, sausage and potatoes. After too many years eating one of the 10 billion frozen "cheese" omelets Doug Parker bought some years ago with the side meat that tasted like sawdust, the AS omelet was definitely an improvement.
Chicogirl likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by SEAfoodguy
SEA-BOS flight 24
youll get soup and a sandwich. No breakfast.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:13 pm

We’re going to RNO from SEA in a month, and it sounds like the options for the “snack” are turkey burger or protein plate. Does anyone know if I can get a cheese plate instead? I don’t eat turkey and I believe the protein plate has turkey too.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:39 pm

AS 933
LAX-SFO
6/5/2019 17:30

Snack basket, consisting of the usual, popcorn chips, Kind bar, beef jerky, nut mix, banana. Drinks taken on ground and 2 rounds done.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
AS125 SEA-ANC
Departure @ 3:30p
6-2-19

Choice of Chicken, bacon, cheese sandwich or protein plate. Didn't want to risk heart burn so took the latter. No PDB but drinks & warm nuts served shortly after lift off. Great service from Kelli.

Last edited by philemer; Jun 5, 2019 at 10:33 pm
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Runner9037
We’re going to RNO from SEA in a month, and it sounds like the options for the “snack” are turkey burger or protein plate. Does anyone know if I can get a cheese plate instead? I don’t eat turkey and I believe the protein plate has turkey too.
If its offered on this route, it might be ordered at T-14 days. It might not be offered due to flight duration being too short.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
When I flew SEA-RNO and RNO-SEA in April on the E75 all we got was the snack basket. These were afternoon flights. I'm doing SEA-RNO on the 737-800 next month (my first time on a 737 for that route) and am assuming the snack basket will be it again. Short flight and rough air around RNO seem to make for a short service period.

If you find info about something better being offered I'm all ears.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
When I flew SEA-RNO and RNO-SEA in April on the E75 all we got was the snack basket. These were afternoon flights. I'm doing SEA-RNO on the 737-800 next month (my first time on a 737 for that route) and am assuming the snack basket will be it again. Short flight and rough air around RNO seem to make for a short service period.

If you find info about something better being offered I'm all ears.
We’ll be on the 737 (afternoon flight) end of July, will post back then
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
If its offered on this route, it might be ordered at T-14 days. It might not be offered due to flight duration being too short.
Ah, thanks! It didn’t cross my mind that we might be getting the basket, but think you are right, it is a short 2 hour flight
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:48 am

Ah, thanks! It didn’t cross my mind that we might be getting the basket, but think you are right, it is a short 2 hour flight
Looks like SEA-RNO is 564 miles, therefore I think it will be snack basket. I think the meal service threshold is 675 miles (someone correct me if that's off...). Alaska keeps changing their service so it's hard to keep track after a while.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by SEAfoodguy
SEA-BOS flight 24
Originally Posted by AS Flyer

youll get soup and a sandwich. No breakfast.

I just flew on the SFO-JFK red-eye, and we were given the little smoothie shot right before landing. Not sure if it is standard service, nor is it anything even remotely substantial.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.