Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 9:49 am

On my upcoming PDX-MCO flight one of my choices is the Spring Breakfast Bowl, never had that before so wondering if it is good. My other choice is the Gryere Omelet.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Date: May 8
Route: JNU-SEA
Flight Number: 176
Departure time: 5:20 AM
Menu: No

The snack basket was thrust under everyone’s noses, providing an early morning choice between a banana or...salt. Really disappointing, especially when you are going straight to work as I was. Alaska has improved catering on longer flights, but it has obviously come at the expense of the shorter sectors (JNU-SEA is about 2 hours, for those who don’t know).

FWIW, I did SFO-PDX yesterday and it was also the snack basket.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Chugach
Date: May 8
Route: JNU-SEA
Flight Number: 176
Departure time: 5:20 AM
Menu: No

The snack basket was thrust under everyone’s noses, providing an early morning choice between a banana or...salt. Really disappointing, especially when you are going straight to work as I was. Alaska has improved catering on longer flights, but it has obviously come at the expense of the shorter sectors (JNU-SEA is about 2 hours, for those who don’t know).

FWIW, I did SFO-PDX yesterday and it was also the snack basket.
JNU-SEA was a catering error, the flight's coded as Breakfast and I'd write-in about that. The only flight that is snack basket is the evening departure, around 830pm.

SFO-PDX is always a snack basket, it's only 550 miles (675 min. for meals)
sltlyamusd likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:36 pm

Does anyone know what is served in F on a morning SEA-ANC flight (AS 83, coded for breakfast)?
Old May 10, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by osubeavers01
4/15 AS 708 SEA - MSY
I chose the chicken; can’t recall exactly what the other option was, but think it might have been risotto. One of the people I was traveling with is highly allergic to artichokes and they were featured on both dishes. Bad luck for her, but she said she enjoyed the fruit and cheese plate that she preordered
I think I just got the option of the 2 options you describe on an upcoming SEA-STL flight. How was the chicken?

Old May 11, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
5/11 AS 521 SNA - PDX

Choice of yogurt with granola or sausage breakfast sandwich; went with the yogurt. The container on the top left contained a berry purée. When I added it to the yogurt, it turned the whole dish a bright red/pink color and added a needed amount of sweetness.
Flight attendants offered a PDB of coffee or OJ and we were served a berry smoothie soon after we reached cruising altitude

Old May 12, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I think I just got the option of the 2 options you describe on an upcoming SEA-STL flight. How was the chicken?

I had this choice on a SFO-AUS flight a week ago and chose the chicken. I thought it was quite good. Lots of well prepared asparagus and the chicken was tender and juicy and had a nice flavor. Salad was good too. My complaints about the meal were (1) slow, desultory service, (2) minuscule ramekins of nuts prior to the meal, and (3) a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. On a dinner flight that long AA would have done something like ice cream.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31022539-post339.html for a picture.
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: AS
LAX/SEA #1052 . 5/15. Lunch

FA offered choice of protein plate or chicken provolone sandwich.
We are 2D and 2F.
Passenger in 1F (gate upgrade) asked for Fruit and Cheese from Y and it was given w/o charge.
We chose one of each. When served , my sandwich was obviously a roast beef sandwich.
Pointed this out to FA and he just said," thought it looked different".
Service was OK. Few glitches..
After meal service, asked if AS still offered mixed nuts. "oh, yeah, will do that now.
We hit big turbulence ... BING, seat belt sign goes on.
No reaction or announcement from FA to passengers reminding them to check seatbelt as Captain has turned on seat belt sign.
Later in flight. -Landing...
No final walk through to collect service items.
Decending and landing gear down. FA already buckled in jump seat, checking phone.
I look across to 2 A and 2C. They are still working on laptops on tray tables.. Look at FA and them. He sees me looking back and forth, no reaction..
I lean over "sorry to interrupt you but tray tables and laptops need to be stowed before landing". They had no idea we were 5 minutes from landing.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pcoll
LAX/SEA #1052 . 5/15. Lunch

FA offered choice of protein plate or chicken provolone sandwich.
We are 2D and 2F.
Passenger in 1F (gate upgrade) asked for Fruit and Cheese from Y and it was given w/o charge.
We chose one of each. When served , my sandwich was obviously a roast beef sandwich.
Pointed this out to FA and he just said," thought it looked different".
Service was OK. Few glitches..
After meal service, asked if AS still offered mixed nuts. "oh, yeah, will do that now.
We hit big turbulence ... BING, seat belt sign goes on.
No reaction or announcement from FA to passengers reminding them to check seatbelt as Captain has turned on seat belt sign.
Later in flight. -Landing...
No final walk through to collect service items.
Decending and landing gear down. FA already buckled in jump seat, checking phone.
I look across to 2 A and 2C. They are still working on laptops on tray tables.. Look at FA and them. He sees me looking back and forth, no reaction..
I lean over "sorry to interrupt you but tray tables and laptops need to be stowed before landing". They had no idea we were 5 minutes from landing.
Please report this to AS and (more importantly) the FAA. I would have said something to the captain on the way off the plane as well. That is a safety issue.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Please report this to AS and (more importantly) the FAA. I would have said something to the captain on the way off the plane as well. That is a safety issue.
follow up to this...did write in to AS and described the incident.
Received reply today.
“We are sorry you were not satisfied with our service. “
(Regarding the tray tables and lap tops still in use upon landing.)”The FA must have been ordered to be seated by Captain and therefore not able to complete safety protocols. Compliance is important to AS and your understanding is appreciated.”
There was no turbulence at all coming into SEA.

Wow, not the answer I was expecting.
(DC not offered)
I guess this is the “new”Alaska Airlines, going forward.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

Received reply today.
(Regarding the tray tables and lap tops still in use upon landing.)”The FA must have been ordered to be seated by Captain and therefore not able to complete safety protocols. Compliance is important to AS and your understanding is appreciated.”

(DC not offered)
I'd elevate this and explain to management that it had nothing to do with service satisfaction, it had to do with safety. Any time I've had a crew required to be unexpectedly seated for landing early due to cockpit instruction (which has been less than a handful of times in 2+MM of flying), the crew, over the PA, has asked the passengers to do X, Y and Z in preparation for landing.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Is that the top sirloin?
I just ordered that for an upcoming flight. But what is up with all the asparagus? Both my choices have icky asparagus. The chicken breast on menu above has asparagus. I'm surprised there's no asparagus hummus plate, although I shouldn't even mention it, because I will end up jinxing myself for a snack flight.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I just ordered that for an upcoming flight. But what is up with all the asparagus? Both my choices have icky asparagus. The chicken breast on menu above has asparagus. I'm surprised there's no asparagus hummus plate, although I shouldn't even mention it, because I will end up jinxing myself for a snack flight.
They're saving it for the asparagus, polenta and kale hummus plate.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received reply today.

(DC not offered)
I think that this is the problem with mixing service complaints with safety complaints.

If you have a problem with the service that is worth complaining about, but this was a safety protocol failure. I would keep them separate so as not to conflate the two. This is also why I would have brought it up with the captain.
Old May 20, 2019, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Asparagus is in season.
DrAlex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.