Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 10, 19, 11:18 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dayone
Wiki Link
A slight change to this thread for 2019. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 26, 19, 9:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
AS849 IAD-SEA, Fri 19 Apr
  • nuts
  • roasted red pepper & smoked gouda soup
  • salad
  • choice of Seared Top Sirloin or Asparagus Risotto as described earlier (I pre-ordered the risotto; it looked more like a salad when the FA delivered it, and tasted more like a featured offering at an avant-garde vegetarian restaurant)
  • Salt & Straw (I was asleep, don’t know what flavor was offered)

Wow....did they run out of Top Sirloin or something....after many flights in the F cabin on AS, I've yet to see actual sirloin steak make an appearance....the asparagus dish looks more like a side dish....and the ice cream was arguably one of the best parts of the meal....I would have fought sleep for that....but I'm a foodie
Old Apr 28, 19, 2:01 am

Is there any way to pre order for other than through the app? I have a GGU'd transcon next week (actually F is practically empty so I feel like a sucker for paying for K and burning a GGU, but whatever. K is currently cheapest available so there's nothing I can do about it now). The outbound is a red-eye, so, snack only. But the return leaves at 5:30pm. The "menu" option shows up on the app but when I click on it, it spins for a second and said that the menu for that flight is not currently available. It's been doing that for a couple of days now. Flight is in 8 days.

I really want that cheese plate...
Old Apr 28, 19, 6:19 am

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
Originally Posted by pcoll View Post

4-11-19
SEA/LAX. 10:30am
Lunch
The biggest shocker was the sparkling wine that was served.
Still trying to figure out how to post pic I took.
Carbonated wine in a can. Not “champagne” or sparkling wine. I asked to look at the can after he poured it. Generic looking white can. Labeled american house wine from Walla Walla. Carbonated white wine.
It was really bad. FA already anticipated my reaction. He brought LaMarca from Back.
AS is trying to save money. Do not want to load the one bottle of sparkling wine for First Class flight anymore.

Doing research, apparently sparkling wines are carbonated wines.
This is the sparkling wine served up front...
Brut Bubbles (Can) | Original House Wine
I actually like it, especially compared to the salmon creek bile offered before. Sure it’s not Moët or PJ (but then again no domestic carriers serve proper Champagne in first on non premium transcon routes), but it’s drinkable on its own and a “west coast” offering. Personally I think AS should start catering Domaine Chandon for First as it’s good, cheap, and west coast, but the can wine is better than what it replaces. I may have dropped by my local total wine and grabbed a few cans for a beach day, so maybe the marketing aspect is working.
Old Apr 28, 19, 7:10 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Is there any way to pre order for other than through the app? I have a GGU'd transcon next week (actually F is practically empty so I feel like a sucker for paying for K and burning a GGU, but whatever. K is currently cheapest available so there's nothing I can do about it now). The outbound is a red-eye, so, snack only. But the return leaves at 5:30pm. The "menu" option shows up on the app but when I click on it, it spins for a second and said that the menu for that flight is not currently available. It's been doing that for a couple of days now. Flight is in 8 days.

I really want that cheese plate...
I had this happen once when there was a menu change planned. Total speculation, but maybe something new comes online May 1 and then it will become available?. If you send them a tweet, this is the kind of thing they can look up.
Old Apr 28, 19, 7:16 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I think it must be a new menu as well. I have outbound transcon F On April 29 where the menu is shown. But the way back ok May 9, I cannot see it.
Old Apr 28, 19, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by brettsir View Post

This is the sparkling wine served up front...
Brut Bubbles (Can) Original House Wine
I actually like it, especially compared to the salmon creek bile offered before. Sure it’s not Moët or PJ (but then again no domestic carriers serve proper Champagne in first on non premium transcon routes), but it’s drinkable on its own and a “west coast” offering. Personally I think AS should start catering Domaine Chandon for First as it’s good, cheap, and west coast, but the can wine is better than what it replaces. I may have dropped by my local total wine and grabbed a few cans for a beach day, so maybe the marketing aspect is working.
I suspect the ability to get “sparkling” wine in cans is attractive to AS. It makes it easier to cater a larger amount vs bottle.
Old Apr 28, 19, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by fly18725 View Post

I suspect the ability to get “sparkling” wine in cans is attractive to AS. It makes it easier to cater a larger amount vs bottle.
This is exactly the case - PLUS (and this is totally my own taste...) I think the House Wine cans are better than the bottle of Salmon Creek it replaced.
meej likes this.
Old Apr 28, 19, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post

I had this happen once when there was a menu change planned. Total speculation, but maybe something new comes online May 1 and then it will become available?. If you send them a tweet, this is the kind of thing they can look up.
Thanks for the tip. I don't use twitter but I'll just wait til May 1 or 2. If it's still not showing up I'll call in. Worst case, I'll pay for the cheese tray if they won't give it to me for free, and then contact customer care to request a refund.
Old May 1, 19, 8:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K and Marriott Platinum
4/30 AS 2066 PDX - DAL

Choice of roast beef and cheese sandwich or a protein plate. I went with the protein plate and was happy with it, but the sandwich plate looked good too and the sandwich came with chips. Hard to tell from the pic, but there are pieces of chicken under the pita bread

Old May 2, 19, 4:14 am

Today (May 2) I was finally able to preorder for my May 5 flight. I snagged the cheese plate (other choices were risotto or top sirloin)

Does anyone know if the cheese plates are loaded pre-plated or if the FAs put them together?
Old May 2, 19, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by osubeavers01 View Post
4/30 AS 2066 PDX - DAL

Choice of roast beef and cheese sandwich or a protein plate. I went with the protein plate and was happy with it, but the sandwich plate looked good too and the sandwich came with chips. Hard to tell from the pic, but there are pieces of chicken under the pita bread

Wow...you passed up a hot roast beef and cheese sandwich for this??
FlightNurse likes this.
Old May 2, 19, 12:06 pm

I just noticed that on this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/flight-experience/first-class/food-and-drink it says "Premium Spirits: $7.50"

That's just an oversight, right? They are not actually charging for drinks in first class are they?
Old May 2, 19, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titan, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
Options for upcoming SEA-HNL trip:

SEA-HNL flight 851 lunch: Four cheese tortellini, Herb Roasted Chicken Breast, and Fruit & Cheese Plate

HNL-SEA flight 852 lunch: Seared cod, Penne Pasta, and Fruit & Cheese Plate

The option to reserve SEA-HNL came up exactly 2 weeks before the flight. For HNL-SEA it was 12 days before.

My husband chose F & C both ways -- he loves that thing. I'm taking chicken and cod. Protein loading.
Old May 2, 19, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
Options for upcoming SEA-HNL trip:

SEA-HNL flight 851 lunch: Four cheese tortellini, Herb Roasted Chicken Breast, and Fruit & Cheese Plate

HNL-SEA flight 852 lunch: Seared cod, Penne Pasta, and Fruit & Cheese Plate

The option to reserve SEA-HNL came up exactly 2 weeks before the flight. For HNL-SEA it was 12 days before.

My husband chose F & C both ways -- he loves that thing. I'm taking chicken and cod. Protein loading.
I like the current iteration of the cod - nice sauce on it!
Westcoaster likes this.
Old May 2, 19, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
I just noticed that on this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink it says "Premium Spirits: $7.50"

That's just an oversight, right? They are not actually charging for drinks in first class are they?
Should be an overnight although a pretty big one. It does still say at the top "As a First Class guest, your drinks are on us. Choose from a wide selection of wines, beer, spirits..."

Search this Thread