Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS G75K; Hilton Diamond
AS869 OGG-ANC
March 2019
Lunch
Grilled Beef Filet or Cheese Ravioli

PDB: POG mimosa
Curried ginger carrot soup was excellent, as was the grilled asparagus. Beef was more medium-well but edible with the red wine sauce. Better execution by Maui catering than HNL

Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:04 pm

Date: 01 Mar 2019
Route: JFK-SEA
Flight Number: 007
Departure time: 07:00
Menu: Yes
Meal description: Pulled Pork Breakfast Bowl

Really well executed top to bottom and continuing Alaska's trend of good catering. Would've loved more of the cilantro lime crema.

Nice!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Wow....that steak with potatoes and asparagus looks like something I would actually order at a restaurant....no swiss chard, polenta, or weird tasting rice. After many, many AS flights in F, I've still never managed to be on a flight that served steak....someday.....
Chicogirl likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
3/4 PHX-SEA 1235p departure: turkey sandwich or protein plate. I told the FA to give me whatever she had left and ended up with the protein plate.
3/4 SEA-YYC 335p departure: snack basket and a biscoff. Like the Hawaii flights, the bananas have to be eaten on the plane.
3/5 YYC-SEA 650p departure: snack basket and a biscoff. Same FA as the day before. She was attentive and funny.

Originally Posted by acarney
or Alaska thinks either pulled pork or bacon is vegetarian...
Bacon and pulled pork aren’t vegetarian? Dang.

Originally Posted by Brian716
Curried ginger carrot soup was excellent, as was the grilled asparagus. Beef was more medium-well but edible with the red wine sauce. Better execution by Maui catering than HNL.
Good to see Maui catering serving edible food now. Every time I’ve taken AS out of Maui, it’s looked (or tasted) like someone left a cart in the sun for several days. I’ve begun stopping at Whole Foods or some places in Kihei to get lunch/dinner. If anyone is wondering, you can take prepared foods through the ag inspection.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Today on 764 (PDX-DCA) it was the Braised Top Blade w/ Fennel or the Vegetarian Bibimbap. Sadly, catering failed to load the bibimbap fresh veggies or sauce. (They loaded the sides and sauce for the cod dish instead.) FA very apologetic - but definitely a pretty bland dish without the chili sauce.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
DAL-SFO F Breakfast

Granola with dried fruit and Alaska roll which they should start selling as branded item in grocery stores. Pretty good setup for Skywest flight.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

Date: March 6
Route: MCO-SEA
Flight Number: AS 9
Departure time: 7:20 AM
Menu: Yes
Meal description (if given) Breakfast

Preordered the pulled pork bowl and quite enjoyed it. Decent food and beverage experience overall. For the first time ever, I experienced the mythical offer of a predeparture beverage on AS - coffee only, but better than a sharp poke in the eye. An offer of juice and/or a mimosa would definitely be a nice bonus on a flight this long.

The meal service dragged on weirdly long with the two courses - not a huge problem given the flight duration but it was starting to be noticeable by the time the main entree came out, and it was fully two hours after departure by the time everything was all said and done. I might choose the single tray option that was advertised on the menu card next time.

But overall the food was fabulous: the cinnamon apples were a perfect starter, and while the turmeric spiced smoothie had a curious flavor profile, I didn’t dislike it. I think my only request for the future would be to serve the sour cream in a ramekin on the side so it could be easily skipped for folks who didn’t want it on the dish

Compared to a year ago, AS’s catering is like a completely different airline. I’ve always been a harsh critic, derisively referring to AS F as “potsticker class” for years, but they’ve definitely turned over a new leaf and I like it. Still a long way to go in refinement of inflight service from the cabin crew and amenities provided (come on, folks, pillows for red eye flights!) but this is a great start.

DrAlex likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by BenA

Preordered the pulled pork bowl and quite enjoyed it. Decent food and beverage experience overall. For the first time ever, I experienced the mythical offer of a predeparture beverage on AS - coffee only, but better than a sharp poke in the eye. An offer of juice and/or a mimosa would definitely be a nice bonus on a flight this long.

But overall the food was fabulous: the cinnamon apples were a perfect starter, and while the turmeric spiced smoothie had a curious flavor profile, I didn’t dislike it. I think my only request for the future would be to serve the sour cream in a ramekin on the side so it could be easily skipped for folks who didn’t want it on the dish

It would seem the Flight Attendants have some say in how the meal is presented. Just a couple days ago the sour cream was on the side and the pico was on the dish.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30855592-post242.html

I flew that same flight just two days before you and we had a choice of OJ, Mimosa, coffee, or champagne for our PDB.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: AS MVP
AS 2867 - LAX-PAE 7:55PM departure.

Flight attendant reported her inbound, dinner flight, was catered with breakfast.

Service was outstanding - I've found the Horizon F/As working F to be excellent. She offered sparkling wine for a PDB, which I gladly accepted.

Choice of Turkey Sandwich or Protein Plate ... I recall the LAX-SEA "dinner" flights have more substantial options in the past.

PaperGlider likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
I haven't been on QX E175 yet. Is that really how they serve the mixed nuts? That seems incredibly tacky

Last edited by dayone; Mar 9, 2019 at 8:16 pm Reason: Redact quote with images for readability.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Collin03
I haven't been on QX E175 yet. Is that really how they serve the mixed nuts? That seems incredibly tacky
F/A indicated they failed to load the ramekins.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Same two choices of the clementine chicken or the bibimbop (vegetarian rice bowl). I had always chosen the chicken.

Today changed it up and got the bibimbop (vegetarian rice bowl), the FA added the “hot sauce” on after. This dish was a nice change. However the “sauce” is the same as the sauce they used last year to pour over some Asian chicken type of dish I’m pretty certain.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
AS2862 3/8/19 PAE-LAX E175 07:00 departure: snack basket. FA said they were still having catering issues.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: Hertz PC,National EE,Hilton Diamond,Marriott Titanium, AS Gold 75K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr_Tudball
AS2862 3/8/19 PAE-LAX E175 07:00 departure: snack basket. FA said they were still having catering issues.
Ill be on that flight Saturday hoping its worked out by then.. Is Beechers open that early at PAE?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
3/11/19
ANC-PDX
AS130
MVPGold/75K
No menu

Choice of omelet with cheese and kale, roasted potatoes and chicken sausage or something else (which sounded so uninteresting that I forgot what it was). Scone and fruit offered with the first drink, then the breakfast entree's were brought out. PBD of bottled water, coffee and OJ. The FA was very nice, efficient but not intrusive. Great flight overall. Arrived 20 minutes early.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.