Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 10, 19, 11:18 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dayone
Wiki Link
A slight change to this thread for 2019. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 19, 19, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Date: 2/18/19
Route: SEA-MCO
Departure Time: 9:05 pm
Menu: No
Dinner: SNACK

Hot towels and drinks and warm nuts offered after takeoff. Half turkey sandwich and tomato ginger bisque soup. We had to ask for the bottled water (the only PDB) and blankets on a redeye flight. Chocolate offered just before landing (as dessert?).
Old Feb 19, 19, 4:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, DL Silver, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, National Exec
Originally Posted by mfolf View Post
First time trying the reservation system. Which is better: The Montamore Tomato Omelet or the Sweet Potato Hash?
Omelet 100%
Old Feb 19, 19, 5:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BOB W View Post
Date: 2/18/19
Route: SEA-MCO
Departure Time: 9:05 pm
Dinner: SNACK

Hot towels and drinks and warm nuts offered after takeoff. Half turkey sandwich and tomato ginger bisque soup. We had to ask for the bottled water (the only PDB) and blankets on a redeye flight. Chocolate offered just before landing (as dessert?).
A bit off-topic, but I was unable to secure U space for my upcoming SEA-MCO flight (red-eye)....what are the loads typically like for this flight? I booked window/aisle combo for my family hoping for empty middles so we can sleep a bit more comfortably.
Old Feb 19, 19, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by wolfpacktrojan View Post

Omelet 100%
I agree....I've never gone out for breakfast and thought, "hmm, some sweet potato hash sounds good this morning"....lol.
wolfpacktrojan likes this.
Old Feb 19, 19, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
2/1/19
AS #1264
PDX-SFO
"Snack"

Prior to this flight, I asked the Twitter team what the meal service was going to be and they said this flight was scheduled for the breakfast sandwich and protein plate. Unfortunately, no meals were loaded other than the typical snack basket...oddly enough we had smoothies I know it's still early in the month, but there are enough noticeable changes so far in catering that I wonder if there was some new first class catering modifications that rolled out on the first of the month.
Update: Sounds like this was a catering error and the breakfast sandwiches were not loaded (or they just didn't serve them)....my son and I each got $50 ecerts which I'll take any day over a breakfast sandwich
pcoll and rustykettel like this.
Old Feb 20, 19, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Spoke with a flight attendant on a westbound transcon last night and she said the menu is not due to change until March 16. I see a lot more cod and yogurt sauce in my future. Cleared my 20th upgrade in a row for 2019 last night. Reminds me of my AA days 10 years back when I cleared 100% there for a couple years.
DrAlex and Xrayman like this.
Old Feb 22, 19, 7:49 am

Date: 2/22/2018
Route: EWR - SFO
Flight Number: 163
Departure time: 7:02
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast

Elusive full PDB! Water bottles offered midway through boarding followed by coffee, orange juice, or mimosas.

Breakfast options were the fontina omelet or the pulled pork. Went with the omelet as I hate beans with the fire of a million suns. Smoothie came before the meal itself. Pears were relatively soft, I'm just not a fan of the heavy cinnamon.

FA was super attentive. Snack basket offered before landing. All was fab except for my missing window shade.

No photo as I've not posted 5 times yet. It was well plated tho!
Old Feb 22, 19, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Date: 2/21/19
Route: JNU-SEA AS76
No menu

PDB included water at seat, offer of OJ, champagne or mimosas. Standard drink orders and mixed nuts after takeoff. Snack was either protein plate or a turkey burger and bag of chips.
Old Feb 22, 19, 7:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Date: 2/22/2019
Route: SFO-PHL
Flight Number: 1138
Departure time: 9:30
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Pre-ordered

I had the Omelet per suggestions of folks here. Boy was that satisfying! I wanna know the recipe for the bread; it's like my favorite part of any AS breakfast.

Flight attendants were mostly inattentive beyond the basics. No PDB beyond water. Snack basket was composed of the morning Premium snacks plus bananas.
Old Feb 22, 19, 11:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K and Marriott Platinum
AS 771 DCA to PDX on 2/21

Standard choice of Cod or Spinach ravioli. Hopefully they update the menu soon, Iím getting a little tired of both of them. After multiple versions of both, I think the ravioli is my preferred option, purely due to the sweet potatoes, which are perfectly seasoned. Theyíre strong enough to overcome the weird kale, which I completely ignore. I think the plating is odd for this dish though. I wish there was more separation between the components, so that I donít end up with pasta sauce on my sweet potatoes

Old Feb 23, 19, 11:07 am

Unfortunately, kale, on AS, seems to be the "new" polenta....as well as it's evil stepsister, chard.....I also avoid both, but I wonder if it's pre-plated or if it's possible for the FA to leave it off. When they were putting arugula on the pasta dishes awhile back, I asked about leaving off the greenery and the FA was able to do that since it had to be manually added anyway (less work for him).
osubeavers01 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 19, 1:11 pm

Location: Juneau, Ft Lauderdale, Whitehorse, and mostly 2A or 3C. Never, EVER 4 though.
Programs: AS MVPG + BR, DL GM, Hertz Pres Circle, Natl Emerald Exec, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Just flew MCO-SFO with a LVX crew -and they plated the F meal all at once (except the ice cream). I miss the days when AS would come out with the tray with salad + bread first, drink, clear, refill drink, then entree.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, HH D, SPG Silver
Date: 22 Feb 2019
Route: SJC-DAL
Flight Number: 3328
Departure time: 1725
Meal description: Dinner

PDB Bottle of water, Hot towel, warmed nuts & drinks, Turkey Burger & crisps/chips or Protein Plate, warmed Chocolate Chip cookie. Seattle Rainier Cherry Truffle and thank you for flying with us prior to landing.
Old Feb 25, 19, 9:40 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec View Post
Just flew MCO-SFO with a LVX crew -and they plated the F meal all at once (except the ice cream). I miss the days when AS would come out with the tray with salad + bread first, drink, clear, refill drink, then entree.
Did you have the Cod or the Ravioli? lol
Chicogirl likes this.
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Marriott P
SFO-DAL F Breatfast

Well well, Alaska has gone from serving some of the worst meals in domestic F during the dog days of post VX merger to serving well, some of the best. The oatmeal with coconut milk plus eggs that were moist and fresh with very high quality bacon was much better than even the transcon morning meals in C that AA serves.

Search this Thread