Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pcoll
A slight change to this thread for 2020. Please include whether a menu card was offered along with the other information:

Date:
Route:
Flight Number:
Departure time:
Menu: Yes/No
Meal description (if given) Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack:
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
You're right....compared to other airlines, AS seems fixated on "weird" side items that some folks may enjoy, but they certainly make little to effort to cater to the masses from a culinary sense. It is what it is...I do have to credit AS for helping "expand" my culinary horizons even if I didn't want them expanded that much The other day I had dinner in F on AA from DFW-PDX and I actually recognized everything on the tray as something I would eat outside of the airplane...chicken with a flavorful mushroom gravy, twice baked potato....strawberry ice cream for dessert....no kale....no strange tasting rice.....no multi-colored potatoes...ah, heaven in row 2
Yes, this will be my first time on AS, mainly fly AA F as a free agent. I believe I might have saw your pictures of that meal, it looked great. I often get the Lasagna or Ravioli on AA, they had a chicken with a great mushroom risotto not long ago too.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:40 pm

MCO to SFO

from MCO to SFO, what was the other choice, besides the cod?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, and some others
Date: 2/09/19
Route: DAL-SEA
Flight Number: AS 2039
Departure Time: 2:35 PM (Actual 4:45 PM take off)
Menu: No
Lunch: E175 operated by SkyWest. Small Dasani water bottles on some of the seats upon boarding but not on mine. No menu. Choices for those in the first couple rows were a Chicken Sandwich (served with potato chips) or Protein Plate. The sandwiches were all gone by the time they got to my row since the regular passengers, non-rev (and maybe crew?) took all the chicken sandwiches. The chicken sandwiches looked & smelled good from a distance. I was amazed at how small the protein plate was - 3 pinkie size slices of cold "chicken", a mini hard-boiled egg, 6 grapes (2 were shriveled), a cpl spoonfuls of humus, and what appeared to be 1/4 of a soft taco tortilla. I asked if there was food in economy that I could purchase and was told that there was no food in economy on this flight. Towards the end of the flight, cookies were handed out.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
super confused. AS (or Horizon) doesn't fly BUR-SFO. If you're talking about BUR-SJC, I don't see a 715p flight. In any case, on a flight of this length it would probably just a beverage service in First Class - no meal.
As you well should be. I take BUR-SFO so often on United I instinctively typed it instead of BUR-SEA.

Do the ERJ-175s have ovens? Sounds like the answer is no.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:47 pm

I’ve only ever had warm meals in f on the -175s, so yes
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
As you well should be. I take BUR-SFO so often on United I instinctively typed it instead of BUR-SEA.
I *almost* feel sorry for you. Given the fine track record of the luxury jets on that route, I'm surprised anyone can successfully take that flight often.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
super confused. AS (or Horizon) doesn't fly BUR-SFO. If you're talking about BUR-SJC, I don't see a 715p flight. In any case, on a flight of this length it would probably just a beverage service in First Class - no meal.
I've been served a full dinner on the SEA-BUR flight going the other way departing around 7:30PM.

The only thing for OP to note is BUR doesn't have catering facilities, so whatever dinner is will be double catered and due to space constraints this can occasionally be something less than the normal meal service ... I've long documented the spartan "Burbank breakfast" for planes that RON in these threads.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Chicogirl
from MCO to SFO, what was the other choice, besides the cod?
Ravioli - if you look at post #120 above, that's the menu that I had.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
DAL-SJC

4PM dep, not sure if dinner or lunch. Choices were Turkey Sandwich or Protein Plate.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Looks like you could get pretty full off of [that]. This seems like a lunch flight entree.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 12, 2019 at 8:41 pm Reason: Redact quote with image.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
,,, Do the ERJ-175s have ovens? Sounds like the answer is no.
To clarify, all of the "turkey sandwiches" you see mentioned above are warmed. Both mainline and E175 (both Skywest & Horizon).
There are 2 or 3 flavors plus the turkey burger in rotation. Generally, the choice is between a variation of a cold protein/hummus plate or the warm turkey option that was loaded for your flight.
Standard meal selections are always front to back.

The turkey sandwiches started showing up about 4 weeks ago. I've found all of them to be tasty, but I am getting tired of them. I've no idea when the next menu change would happen.
Prior to the current "turkey menu", I was always seeing full warmed dinners on E175's to/from DAL and SEA/PDX/SJC. Now those longer DAL flights are getting the same options that I usually see on the longest West Coast flights.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Appreciate the responses. I'll report back after the flight. Going to take mainline in at least one direction, but sounds like it will be the same thing anyway.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
Here's the other breakfast entree from that menu from this mornings 7:10am SFO-EWR:

I also had this on SFO-RDU for breakfast.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS
AS 211.
Meal LUNCH
flight time 4 hours
Bottle of water at seat. No PDB offered.
No menu . Was able to see menu choices day before on AS app. Could not select item desired. But, at least, a good description of items.
FA had not idea what it really was. Described as either Cod or Ravioli. Ravioli ran out before 2DF. They were not happy, loudly claiming they were vegetarian. Couple in 1DF offered their meals for swap to keep the peace.
Warm towels, nuts and drinks. ravioli were dried out and "leathery"-needed more sauce. Sweet potatoes were good. The kale was another issue.
My partner thought bathroom had issue as the heating of the kale filled the cabin with an unpleasant smell.

Warm snickerdoodle after lunch.
No chocolate given.

There were flight attendants and husbands on flight-( returning from vacation.) they came forward to visit with FA during flight. ended up 5 in forward galley . Have not seen that before.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
2/12 MCO-PDX 4p departure: soup, salad, bread, a choice of cod or ravioli with sweet potatoes and braised kale and the Salt and Straw salted caramel ice cream.

Pre ordered the ravioli at ~26 hours before departure and it was loaded on the flight, which is more than I can say about AA lately. Food was good, although the ravioli strangely tasted like the Costco stuff that sustained me through college. Anyway, it was good and filling. Everything else was good, service was paced really well and the FA was constantly checking on us during our nearly seven hour (!!!) flight. Someone peed in the back galley towards the end of the flight, so that provided some excitement.

By the way, as I was eating the soup, I couldn't help but wonder what the people at Angle Lake were thinking when they decided to use square soup dishes.

2/13 PDX-PHX 730p departure. Choice of the protein plate or turkey burger. I had neither.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.