Community
Wiki Posts
Search

digEplayers, Is There Still the Need?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel
DL wins among domestic carriers for their library, with UA behind them. It kind of amazes me that AS, with their international partnerships & codeshares, rarely offers international titles.
UA is very inconsistent. LAX-IAD last week only had 5-6 movies and a similar amount of TV. Same thing was available seatback and BYOD. It didn't matter much, because it was a redeye and I slept, but AS seems to have a consistently large library across flights. I've been flying AS enough that it would be nice if they changed things out more often.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by williwaw
Do they censor language on the Digi players like the streaming media?
They don’t always censor on Alaska Beyond; I watched Die Hard on Alaska Beyond via my iPad last week in its full YKMF’er glory.

Digi’s would have been fantastic to have on my PDX-ANC flight recently when they announced at 10,000 feet that the Wifi, and therefore the streaming entertainment, were inoperable on the flight. That would have been useful information to know in the gate area so that I could have purchased some reading material and not have to spend three hours playing with my belly button in the dark.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Why digi players on the SEA to ORD flights but not on SEA to MKE. Essentially the same mileage???
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Why digi players on the SEA to ORD flights but not on SEA to MKE. Essentially the same mileage???
Nor on LAX-SJO, 2721 miles. One of the longest segments out there.

James
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Are they still on SEA-ORD? Should only be “premium” transcon & Hawaii flights now. Unless it’s changed again.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Looks like Alaska found a use for the old things after all, and this is great to see!

Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Is it weird that this made me almost cry?

Well done, AS!!!
Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Times they are a changing. Flew SEA to ORD today. Again didn’t miss the digi players a bit. I’m thrilled they have a life after AS.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Is it weird that this made me almost cry?
Yes, definitely.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I typically get my movies from onboard aircraft. I am going to be missing out on a lot of movies (And yes, I skipped some earlier last month due to planned travel). Wish AS would allow us to stream their content from home for free- that would be interesting
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
I don't use them, but then again I do not watch any content provided by airlines unless it's an animated film. I can't stand how they censor the films and remove the swear words. It's distracting.
PDXMSPSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.