Wiki Posts
Search

50K Miles MVP Gold 75K Premium Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2021, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Marriott, Hilton, Enterprise, Best Western
50K Miles MVP Gold 75K Premium Bonus

I just got credited 50,000 bonus miles under "SPECIAL SERVICES 50k MVP Gold Premium Bonus" today although I've flown more than 75k base AS miles this year already... flying home now from RDU.

So, you are all way ahead of me on knowing what Alaska's plan is... MVP at 25k, Gold at 50k, MVP Gold 75k, and MVP Gold 100k? Wondering if the bonus miles will match the levels attained.

I believe 23 Feb is when we'll hear what the new mileage plan looks like?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jujea
I just got credited 50,000 bonus miles under "SPECIAL SERVICES 50k MVP Gold Premium Bonus" today although I've flown more than 75k base AS miles this year already... flying home now from RDU.

So, you are all way ahead of me on knowing what Alaska's plan is... MVP at 25k, Gold at 50k, MVP Gold 75k, and MVP Gold 100k? Wondering if the bonus miles will match the levels attained.

I believe 23 Feb is when we'll hear what the new mileage plan looks like?
The one-time annual 50K bonus RDM is given ony after one obtains/renews at the 75K status level each year. Are you looking for 75K RDMs?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17
The one-time annual 50K bonus RDM is given ony after one obtains/renews at the 75K status level each year. Are you looking for 75K RDMs?
I'm really not sure... I received the 50k bonus in April 2020 when I hit Gold 75 for the year, then another 50k in Jan 2021... didn't think I would receive that because I didn't think rollover miles would be bonused, and now again today... I guess that was for my 75k 2021 miles. I wasn't expecting any bonus until the new mileage plan was laid out. Also, because it was called "50k MVP Premium Gold".... it made me think the lower levels may be changing, as well. I'll just wait and see.. and AS can throw me as many 50k RDM bonus miles as they like. It was my understanding that 100k base miles will be bonused, as well... although I'm not sure if that will happen in 2021 or start in 2022.

Last edited by jujea; Feb 20, 2021 at 7:55 pm
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I'm really not sure... I received the 50k bonus in April 2020 when I hit Gold 75 for the year, then another 50k in Jan 2021... didn't think I would receive that because I didn't think rollover miles would be bonused, and now again today... I guess that was for my 75k 2021 miles. I wasn't expecting any bonus until the new mileage plan was laid out. Also, because it was called "50k MVP Premium Gold".... it made me think the lower levels may be changing, as well. I'll just wait and see.. and AS can throw me as many 50k RDM bonus miles as they like. It was my understanding that 100k base miles will be bonused, as well... although I'm not sure if that will happen in 2021 or start in 2022.
There is no tiered bonus RDMs for each level; just 75K.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/mvp-gold-75k
Enjoy a 125% bonus on base miles earned with Alaska Airlines and our elite-qualifying airline partners and 50,000 bonus miles when you attain status.

As of now, 75K is under the hierarchy of Gold.
eponymous_coward and jujea like this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I've already hit MVP qualifications for 2022 (based on previous year's flying carried over + this year). No bonus for me.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/mvp-gold-75k

As of now, 75K is under the hierarchy of Gold.
I'll wait to see if 100k is bonused, as well.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I'll wait to see if 100k is bonused, as well.
I received the 50K bonus on 1/9/2021. My transaction also say 50K MVP Gold Premium Bonus. I read it as 50K RDM bonus for Gold Premium, meaning 75K. Since MVPG & MVPG75K are both Gold tiers, I would think Gold Premium is referring to the 75K Gold tier. Perhaps an additional Gold Premium bonus will be credited at 100K, say "25K MVP Gold Premium Bonus."

I carried over just short of 90K EQM from January 1st to April 30th 2020 and I am currently currently at 130K. I have already earned MVPG organically in 2021. I wouldn't expect any additional bonus RDM in 2021 so I find it interesting that the poster also earned the 50K bonus in January this year and again after organically surpassing 75K EQM in 2021. I will likely earn 100K+ EQM in 2021. Hopefully that will be taken into consideration when the 100K tier is introduced in 2022.

James

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Feb 20, 2021 at 11:15 pm
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Just passed the 75K EQM for this year. Immediately posted the 50K bonus. That was very quick, even before hitting gate.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I received the 50K bonus on 1/9/2021. My transaction also say 50K MVP Gold Premium Bonus. I read it as 50K RDM bonus for Gold Premium, meaning 75K. Since MVPG & MVPG75K are both Gold tiers, I would think Gold Premium is referring to the 75K Gold tier. Perhaps an additional Gold Premium bonus will be credited at 100K, say "25K MVP Gold Premium Bonus."

I carried over just short of 90K EQM from January 1st to April 30th 2020 and I am currently currently at 130K. I have already earned MVPG organically in 2021. I wouldn't expect any additional bonus RDM in 2021 so I find it interesting that the poster also earned the 50K bonus in January this year and again after organically surpassing 75K EQM in 2021. I will likely earn 100K+ EQM in 2021. Hopefully that will be taken into consideration when the 100K tier is introduced in 2022.

James
Yes, I'm not sure why I got two 50k bonuses -- one on the 9th... and then another when I hit 75k for 2021. I'll have to go back to review everything from 2020. I hit 75k in April 2020 and received my bonus then, as well.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Xrayman
That was very quick, even before hitting gate.
Yeah, AS is Johnny on the Spot for crediting miles. I landed at DEN yesterday and was stuck waiting for out gate and out of boredom I scrolled through my app and found they had already credited my miles for the flight. I guess once the wheels are on the ground the flight is considered complete. I imagine the 50K bonus is just automatically tied to other miles and gets awarded when passing the 75K threshold.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by mtofell
Yeah, AS is Johnny on the Spot for crediting miles. I landed at DEN yesterday and was stuck waiting for out gate and out of boredom I scrolled through my app and found they had already credited my miles for the flight. I guess once the wheels are on the ground the flight is considered complete. I imagine the 50K bonus is just automatically tied to other miles and gets awarded when passing the 75K threshold.
AS has been very consistent (and rapid) in posting mileage and associated bonuses like this one for the past couple of years. I got my 50K bonus last month. It did take in account rollover and the 50% bonus... granted I'm on track to get 75K flown mileage this year anyway without the promos
mtofell likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Does anyone know if it’s taking longer for the 50k to hit once 75k miles are reached? I’m at 86k and hit 75k organically about a month ago - no 50k special services. Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
[QUOTE=jmmlaguna;34801585]Does anyone know if it’s taking longer for the 50k to hit once 75k miles are reached? I’m at 86k and hit 75k organically about a month ago - no 50k special services. Thanks![/QUOTE

when I hit 75K several months ago it was pretty much immediate (within 24 hours).
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS 100k, AA MM, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
Does anyone know if it’s taking longer for the 50k to hit once 75k miles are reached? I’m at 86k and hit 75k organically about a month ago - no 50k special services. Thanks!
Mine didn't show up automatically - in another thread it was mentioned that there is manual review needed to exclude any miles from the bonuses this year. When I called in a few weeks after crossing the threshold, the agent put in a request and I received the 50k miles a few days later.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
Originally Posted by leroix
Mine didn't show up automatically - in another thread it was mentioned that there is manual review needed to exclude any miles from the bonuses this year. When I called in a few weeks after crossing the threshold, the agent put in a request and I received the 50k miles a few days later.
It's kind of a mess this year. I suspect it has something to do with the CA bonus EQMs that don't do towards the 75K "perks" but am really just guessing. I'm past 75K (without bonus miles) as of nearly a month ago and have heard nothing. Others on here report things happening pretty much instantly like in past years. I did a chat from the website and was told no "perks" will be given out until the first of the year (wrong from what some here report) but they did verify that I did requalify and will be getting my miles, etc. I saved a screen shot of the conversation and will see what happens when the clock strikes 12 on 1/1/2023

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.