Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS at Dallas Love Field (DAL)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
DAL is a nice new terminal. Food is typical airport fast food and the main sit down place is pricey (like Anthony's at SEATAC). There are some smaller sit down places that are normal prices. No lounges either. Not a great place for a long layover but works well for the get out and go crowd.
Dmodemd thanks for the tips! My layover will be about 2 hours so I think I will survive in this smaller terminal without lounge access!!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Aliquot
Are you checking the third option, an AS-AA interline ticket? This has mostly gotten very expensive since AA put restrictions on end on end ticketing, but it still works sometimes.
Did you mean buying two separate tickets (one AS and one AA) when you meant interline ticket? I checked the AS-AA separate ticket prices through DFW. But it was higher than AS to WN through DAL, and schedule works better for me to do AS-WN. Admiral's Club access at DFW was tempting, but I wanted to try DAL and WN. I rarely check luggages during my business travel, so interline baggage agreement is not important to me.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BW Flyer

Dmodemd thanks for the tips! My layover will be about 2 hours so I think I will survive in this smaller terminal without lounge access!!
In those two hours, you can also wander the terminal looking at all of the permanent and temporary art installations. If security lines are short, you can also find displays at ticketing, along the way to baggage claim, as well as outside the terminal building.

Love Field Art Program | Office of Cultural Affairs
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller
In those two hours, you can also wander the terminal looking at all of the permanent and temporary art installations. If security lines are short, you can also find displays at ticketing, along the way to baggage claim, as well as outside the terminal building.

Love Field Art Program Office of Cultural Affairs
Cool, I will check them out, thanks for tips!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA1K
what's happening to anthony's?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
sadly, that's only true thru 31 Mar
Originally Posted by haddon90
what's happening to anthony's?
closing; Port of Seattle didn't renew their lease (click the underlined link)
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by jrl767
closing; Port of Seattle didn't renew their lease (click the underlined link)
Along with a bunch of other existing restaurants/stores. The list of new ones going in looks like it should be good for people who appreciate foofoo food.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Along with a bunch of other existing restaurants/stores. The list of new ones going in looks like it should be good for people who appreciate foofoo food.
Are you saying you'd rather have Burger King and Sbarro than Little Woody's and Sunset Fried Chicken?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Angry my fault ...

sorry for the digression about SEA food concessions; can we get the discussion back to AS at DAL please
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller

Love Field Art Program Office of Cultural Affairs
In particular, I especially enjoy the stained glass in the ticketing wing windows, which was recently reclaimed from a very historic Dallas area church that was, sadly, torn down.
And, in contrast to the above poster who kind of poo-pooed Love Field's eating options as, in my own paraphrase, "Basic," I actually think the food options there are pretty impressive, GIVEN that it's a 20-gate airport.
I mean, it went from Chili's and McDonald's ten years ago to a bunch of options, many of which are renown local brands.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Legend717
I mean, it went from Chili's and McDonald's ten years ago to a bunch of options, many of which are renown local brands.
Very true.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
DAL has some of the best selection of food compared to any air terminal in the US. I like that in many ways it bucks the trend that most other airport concessions have gone. DAL has multiple options that are cheap and fast (Whataburger, CFA, Manchu Wok, Jason's) but also have a few options for people with more time (Chili's, Sky Canyon, and Cool River). Too many airports are getting rid of the cheap and fast places and replacing them with expensive and not fast (ie: SeaTac, MDW, and LAX). When I am at the airport I would rather go to a chain that I know than some frou frou local place that charges $20 for a burger and fries and takes 20 minutes just to get it.
Legend717 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
As expected this "expansion" was just cancelled before it ever even got started. The only change is one flight from SFO is being moved to SEA but the total still stays at 13.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
So it was a bluff to avoid sharing with Delta? Or are they now going to have to share?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dmodemd
So it was a bluff to avoid sharing with Delta? Or are they now going to have to share?
Could also be that the cost of the litigation for an asset which is not all that valuable to AS is just not worth it. They can let the city, WN and DL duke it out and see what happens from the sidelines. They will likely share with DL unless the courts decide otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.