Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS at Dallas Love Field (DAL)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Interesting. They started with Airbuses but quickly pulled back to E175.

That's a lot of incremental seats to fill with no onward connectivity at the DAL end...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by EmailKid
While this does not apply to me, it does mean that upgrade chances for those eligible do DOWN.

Even more so with AS which has fewer FC seats on 737 than UA, where this has been discussed (u/g chances) quite a bit in a couple of threads.
True enough, but having actual demand for SEA-DAL sufficient for going E175->737 (at least part of the year) means it might not get poleaxed the way AUS/LAS/LGA/DCA-DAL were, where the routes were just eliminated or downgauged then eliminated. It's a good sign for the station that they think they can make some routes work with more seats.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
That's a lot of incremental seats to fill with no onward connectivity at the DAL end...
I have heard people here and that I met on these flights that are actually using these as very useful WN feeders. There are many locations that are more conveniently served by WN through DAL at a reasonable price or cheaper than the AS/AA through DFW. AS may want to consider codesharing with WN or would that tick off AA?

Upgrades on the DAL-SEA afternoon flight have been getting harder to come by recently. More elites are catching on to this option for Dallas.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I have heard people here and that I met on these flights that are actually using these as very useful WN feeders. There are many locations that are more conveniently served by WN through DAL at a reasonable price or cheaper than the AS/AA through DFW. AS may want to consider codesharing with WN or would that tick off AA?. ...
I can't imagine WN wanting to code-share with anyone
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
One of those AS to WN connectors / and AA Award tickets out of DAL

I'm glad to see more variety in size of AS aircraft coming to DAL. I'm actually one of those AS to WN connectors as oftentimes its cheaper than the AA/AS codeshare. It's sometimes slightly more than taking WN all the way (though not always), but while WN is great for short haul flights, I try to avoid 4 hour flights on them.

Incidentally, for the first time earlier this week, I noticed AA was allowing me to use AA miles to buy AA award tickets on AS flights out of DAL!!! I don't know if this has been around awhile (I've never noticed it before). Usually AA has this hex on anything related to DAL, so I was quite surprised they have this set up in their award ticket system. ^
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Glad to see AS upgauging DAL ^

No restriction (aside from finding saver space) for using AA miles on AS ex-DAL.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:46 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Interesting. They started with Airbuses but quickly pulled back to E175.

They started with Airbii because that is what VX used on LAX and SFO routes and added E175 to SEA, SAN and PDX, and later figured out where the demand is.

I have heard people here and that I met on these flights that are actually using these as very useful WN feeders. There are many locations that are more conveniently served by WN through DAL at a reasonable price or cheaper than the AS/AA through DFW. AS may want to consider codesharing with WN or would that tick off AA?

Upgrades on the DAL-SEA afternoon flight have been getting harder to come by recently. More elites are catching on to this option for Dallas.
Originally Posted by jrl767
I can't imagine WN wanting to code-share with anyone
WN is stand alone @:-) There was some discussion about WestJet and some LCC from Mexico IIRC, but to the best of my knowledge WN does not even interline and you cannot buy their tickets (or normally even find prices) on OTAs.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:49 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I just noticed starting in May that the morning SEA-DAL and afternoon DAL-SEA has switched to a mainline 737... yay!
That route has seen many changes. Originated as an A319, moved to a Skywest E75, then to a Horizon E75 and now back to AS mainline.

Loads have been solid recently, which is good for the Winter. IMHO, the A319 was the perfect size. I hope they can make a 738 work.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
When I flew the A319 it was pretty sparse especially with elites. I usually had the exit row all to myself and only 1 or 2 in the white seats. Those were the good ole days although I was cursing every time I could not get an F upgrade at the time and they were empty. They are filling the E175s now but I think the 737 may be light but I will take it!

They could easily fill more SEA-DFW flights if they had another DFW gate!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

They could easily fill more SEA-DFW flights if they had another DFW gate!
They could easily add back an 10:30 am departure with its existing gate. AS also had overflow access to a gate in the satellite terminal, but that may have changed now that AA is reconfiguring that terminal for RJs.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: AS G100K, DL PM, IHG Gold, HHonors Diamond

I have booked a flight early next month SEA-DAL then connecting to a WN flight to a smaller city in Texas. The total fare is much less than AS-AA codeshare or AS-AA separate tIckets via DFW. This is my first time flying into DAL and I look forward to this experience!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by BW Flyer
I have booked a flight early next month SEA-DAL then connecting to a WN flight to a smaller city in Texas. The total fare is much less than AS-AA codeshare or AS-AA separate tIckets via DFW. This is my first time flying into DAL and I look forward to this experience!

DAL is a nice new terminal. Food is typical airport fast food and the main sit down place is pricey (like Anthony's at SEATAC). There are some smaller sit down places that are normal prices. No lounges either. Not a great place for a long layover but works well for the get out and go crowd.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by BW Flyer

Are you checking the third option, an AS-AA interline ticket? This has mostly gotten very expensive since AA put restrictions on end on end ticketing, but it still works sometimes.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:50 am

They dont even interline, so a codeshare would be a huge step. It also would be unnecessary. An interline agreement, though highly improbable, would be great, and would likely avoid a negative AA response.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
DAL is a nice new terminal. Food is typical airport fast food and the main sit down place is pricey (like Anthony's at SEATAC). ...
sadly, that's only true thru 31 Mar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.