Search

Third Party Booking and Gold benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Third Party Booking and Gold benefits

my Google search skills seem to be failing me. I can only find thread on Ultimate rewards (which is now powered by expedia)

I booked cash ticket through an online travel agency, can I still use the gold cancel benefit? I was going to check out the option on AS site but it says ineligible for online change/cancel. Ive already been able to select Premium Seats and add to upgrade list.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
It's not a Save Fare (X fare) ticket, right? Doesn't sound like it because you said you're on the upgrade list which isn't possible with Saver.

I can't find anything on AS website saying that you wouldn't get that benefit.... the ticket is in your name (correct format) and FF# associated to it right?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
If this is like the Expedia experience - the fare could be a bulk fare that the TA has from AS. If so, then the cancellation and change must be done through TA. If Gold benefits apply - I am not sure. But I had to cancel a portion of a ticket from Expedia on AS, and AS could not do it. Had to ask Expedia.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
my Google search skills seem to be failing me. I can only find thread on Ultimate rewards (which is now powered by expedia)

I booked cash ticket through an online travel agency, can I still use the gold cancel benefit? I was going to check out the option on AS site but it says ineligible for online change/cancel. Ive already been able to select Premium Seats and add to upgrade list.
Has it been more than 24 hours? I did this with flexperks and amex portals a few months ago, and was able to cancel/change but only after 24 hours had passed. Maybe UR portal is different than the amex/flexperks ones but unlikely.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by nearlysober
It's not a Save Fare (X fare) ticket, right? Doesn't sound like it because you said you're on the upgrade list which isn't possible with Saver.

I can't find anything on AS website saying that you wouldn't get that benefit.... the ticket is in your name (correct format) and FF# associated to it right?
Yep i selected the option to price out of saver so it appears as R fare. I was only $20 extra (one way had no saver available). I was able to select row 6 and shows my status when i added to my trips on the AS site

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Has it been more than 24 hours? I did this with flexperks and amex portals a few months ago, and was able to cancel/change but only after 24 hours had passed. Maybe UR portal is different than the amex/flexperks ones but unlikely.
I'll have to see what happens once 24 hours hit. I never book third party but i had a coupon code for $100 off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.