Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounge email "Survey"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Alaska Lounge email "Survey"

Anyone else get this survey from Alaska? It looks a bit spammy and references Delta Sky Clubs as the first "question"

"Alaska is investing in our airport lounges as part of a multi-year commitment to refresh and expand our portfolio. We want to understand how to best serve our guests. We will be evaluating membership benefits and we want to hear from you on what you want out of a lounge membership. We appreciate you completing this 5-10 minute survey by December 14, 2018 to provide your feedback.

Follow this link to the Survey: "
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I'm a lounge member but I did not get anything... yet.

As long as it looks legit from AS as the sender - I wouldn't mind filling out a survey to help push them in the right direction... and by that I mean the direction I personally find important
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Hmm.. guess i did get it. Spam filter. Looks like its coming from a 3rd party "Qaultrics" analytics company.
It's probably a legit/safe email in that it's not a phishing or scam attempt... but be mindful that you're not dealing directly with AS, this 3rd party website is the one collecting the data on behalf of AS (or on the behalf of someone posing as AS, who knows?)
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I got it and it looked like spam to me - it seemed questionable whether it was really associated with Alaska so I deleted it. I’m not a lounge member, so that seemed strange, too.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
I got it, and took it. But yeah, seemed kind of irrelevant to the actual Alaska Lounge offering, so I doubt its AS sponsored.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:30 pm

Hi -

I took the survey. Hated all of the choices except for the $300 options.
SalishSea likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I took the survey. Hated all of the choices except for the $300 options.
I had a BR membership several years ago back when SFO and YVR had locations and received survey. No $300 options presented but several all inclusive -for one- options at $400.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I got the survey thanks to the above tip to check my Junk folder. I’m Gold, so used $300 as my reference point; one AS option was status quo, the rest were higher cost for no increase in benefits (save for a complimentary meal, which I didn’t count as a benefit to me). Two of my choices were $400 for AS only and $500 for existing AS+partners but access only for one. No thanks.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: Alaska Air
Lounge survey referenced United Airlines

I received it and it seemed apparent it was not an AS-sanctioned survey. Mine referenced attributes of United Club lounge. Deleted it.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
BAD NEWS Survey: Look at the lounge access restrictions on the survey

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
....I’m Gold, so used $300 as my reference point; one AS option was status quo, the rest were higher cost for no increase in benefits (save for a complimentary meal, which I didn’t count as a benefit to me)....
There were no status quo options in these choices. Look at the access restrictions. This survey is BAD news, in my view.

I'm pretty sure the purpose for this email is that they are going the way of American and United in requiring paying lounge members to only get access if flying Alaska or Partner airline. A few months back they began requesting your boarding pass when entering. When I fly Southwest, they say not to worry and don't bother with the boarding pass, but I am sure they are keeping tabs because they are making changes.

Qualtrics is a legit survey company. A lot of university researchers use it. So, I'm pretty sure it's not spam. I assume Alaska paid for it; otherwise, how would all of us lounge members and/or Alaska members get the email? More devaluations coming for loyal Alaska customers?

Btw, notice the message next to the "SFO Lounge" as "coming soon!" - HA! Really? Two years is soon? Unless they are taking over the Zoomba Yoga Room?

Last edited by MJMLBBtoCPH; Dec 11, 2018 at 10:21 am Reason: attachments probably should not be there
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
Sneaky things could happen on the web, and it's possible that the Chinese, Russians, and North Koreans are now accessing my computer, but FWIW, as further evidence that the survey is probably legit (Qualtrics is kinda like the company surveymonkey), from their webpage:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/su...arked-as-spam/

where they say:
" By default, emails sent through the Qualtrics Mailer come from [email protected]. Mail sent from a noreply address will make it through spam filters that check for “forged” emails (emails that claim to be from one server when really they are from another). For this reason, we use the real sender ([email protected]) as the “From” address rather than your own personal email."
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
They are doing a choice experiment here. What they do is create a regression model of all the responses that should have randomly assigned variation of the options and the prices. With a large number of responses with slight variation between them they can then understand the particular value of each amenity of feature of the lounge. Its a pretty slick tool (I've used it academically for environmental policy studies.) Ideally the package of options or amenities are not real but rather a bunch of different sets so they can test price preferences between all the combinations.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MJMLBBtoCPH
There were no status quo options in these choices. Look at the access restrictions. This survey is BAD news, in my view.
That should teach me to not answer these with an IPA in front of me - didn’t catch that. Given I’m splitting flying with DL now, that would be a major downgrade.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Went to my spam folder as well. Survey was stupid, offering unrealistic comparison options with no place to comment. I'm a member of United Club and Admirals Club and know what they really offer. I don't want a club meal with visit.

Hey Alaska--if you want to know what we want in a lounge, or why we have/haven't joined yours, just ask us!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
"I'm pretty sure the purpose for this email is that they are going the way of American and United in requiring paying lounge members to only get access if flying Alaska or Partner airline. A few months back they began requesting your boarding pass when entering. When I fly Southwest, they say not to worry and don't bother with the boarding pass, but I am sure they are keeping tabs because they are making changes."

Over the last 12 months the only lounge that asked for my boarding pass was the UA Club at DCA and the Centurion Lounge. I have never been asked for my boarding pass at the Alaska Lounge. I walk in, put my two fingers on the scanner, smile at the attendant and move on. Are there folks here that are AS lounge members that get asked for their boarding pass? I could see that if you are flying first class for the day or not using the biometric device or perhaps do not have your membership card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.