Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access SFO T2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Lounge Access SFO T2

I am an Alaska MVPG75k flying out from SFO T2 to Mexico this week with my family on vacation.

I also hold Oneworld Sapphire Status, is there any lounge that I can access in T2?

I also have the Amex Platinum Card and I know they have a Centurion lounge at SFO T3, how easy is that to access from T2?

We will propb have 30 mins spare at the airport and wanted to grab some brekafast before our flight if possible.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
SFO Lounge Downgrade
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ka-lounge.html

T3, from the closest exit to T2, to the actual TSA line of T2 is about a 45-60 second walk. The issue is depending on the time of day both checkpoints can be busy even for TSA pre. You can always go to the Intl G checkpoint to bypass the T3 checkpoint mess and use precheck there. But T2 can be a zoo or completely empty. I've made the trip from the Centurion to T2 in about 5 minutes on good days.

Oneworld Sapphire will do nothing for you since you're flying on AS, which is not a OW airline.
eponymous_coward likes this.

Last edited by safari ari; Dec 10, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
AS is not a OW member, so OW status is irrelevant; OW status or class of service access requires you to be flying on OW member flights to get OW lounge access.

I'd probably get breakfast in one of the fine restaurants in T2 instead of scurrying around between terminals in the space of 30 minutes. Seems a waste of time vs. convenience to me.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
if it means clearing security again to go to T3 then doesnt make sense. Will use a restaurant
eponymous_coward and NoLaGent like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
if it means clearing security again to go to T3 then doesnt make sense. Will use a restaurant
As eponymous_coward alluded to, there are far worse terminals to be stuck in, T2 has a plethora of good options if you don't want to schlep across terminals.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by navatwal
Wise decision. Lark Creek Grill is your best bet for full table service and a delicious breakfast.

If you just want grab 'n go for the plane, there's a Napa Farms Market as well and they're basically next door to each other after you clear security before the gates.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by safari ari
SFO Lounge Downgrade
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ka-lounge.html

T3, from the closest exit to T2, to the actual TSA line of T2 is about a 45-60 second walk. The issue is depending on the time of day both checkpoints can be busy even for TSA pre. You can always go to the Intl G checkpoint to bypass the T3 checkpoint mess and use precheck there. But T2 can be a zoo or completely empty. I've made the trip from the Centurion to T2 in about 5 minutes on good days.

Oneworld Sapphire will do nothing for you since you're flying on AS, which is not a OW airline.
I was at SFO yesterday and PreCheck has been removed from the Door 13 T3 / Intl-G security checkpoint. They now direct you to T3 main security.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by damnyourefine

I was at SFO yesterday and PreCheck has been removed from the Door 13 T3 / Intl-G security checkpoint. They now direct you to T3 main security.
Yeah, this changed on Nov 17th due to construction, or at least that's what I was told. Makes going to the PP/Amex lounges in T3 less predictable since the other checkpoint is often jammed.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I'd probably get breakfast in one of the fine restaurants in T2 instead of scurrying around between terminals in the space of 30 minutes. Seems a waste of time vs. convenience to me.
And additional food options through the airside connector to T1 boarding area C.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by damnyourefine

Good thing I know this now for next week, save me the trek all the way out there.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Originally Posted by safari ari
Good thing I know this now for next week, save me the trek all the way out there.
today I was able to use pre tsa at international g gates so no issues
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by felicidad76
today I was able to use pre tsa at international g gates so no issues
That never closed. It's the F3 checkpoint in T3 near the Int'l connector that closed. The one that dumps you right out near the Amex lounge... But depending on how you enter the airport, clearing TSA-Pre at Int'l G makes a lot of sense since you can just walk down the connector to the lounge options.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:16 am

IMO, Clear + TSAPre makes terminal connections at SFO a breeze. Really do wish they'd have an airside connector to the CX lounge though!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Related question as I consider an AS BR membership, is getting into the A gates when you have a flight out of T2 no problem at all? Does AS have any flights out of the A gates anymore (trying to figure out if they'll drop their agreement with CX)?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
Related question as I consider an AS BR membership, is getting into the A gates when you have a flight out of T2 no problem at all? Does AS have any flights out of the A gates anymore (trying to figure out if they'll drop their agreement with CX)?
In terms of if can you enter Intl A with a BP for T2? Yes, but the people directing you to a security lane will comment that your flight is out of a different terminal, I always just say I am going to a lounge, they have no issues with that anywhere. Most AS flights are out of T2, with a select few out of Intl A. No one knows what will happen to the agreement with CX, so it is anyone's guess if it'll change. Considering AS will not be getting a lounge for at least another 2 years, and they are making SFO a focus city, personally I would assume the agreement or some other one would stay intact.

Last edited by safari ari; Dec 11, 2018 at 11:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.