Wiki Posts
Search

Close-in schedule change (<3 weeks)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Close-in schedule change (<3 weeks)

Just got a schedule change for a flight on the 20th of this month (17 days away), our 3rd or 4th schedule change for these itineraries since we booked them in September. I've never gotten a schedule change that late before a flight (unless it was IRROPS), and it appears all that changed was a flight number - but Alaska tried to rebook us via different flights. So now I'm out over 2hrs on the phone fixing itineraries, and we lost our seats... and no longer are there two together on one of the segments. Pretty frustrating experience.

Has anyone else seen such a late schedule change before?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would not call 20 days "late". Unfortunately, schedule changes occur all the time having nothing to do with IRROPS. What is the city pair and flight #?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
I would not call 20 days "late". Unfortunately, schedule changes occur all the time having nothing to do with IRROPS. What is the city pair and flight #?
It's the closest-in I've ever had on over 1000 flights, that's why I called it late.

SAN-MCI on 12/20, changed from 3384 to 3480
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Yes, I've had such a late change, less than two weeks out, notified September 27 for an October 9 itinerary. AS decided to completely upend its schedule between SEA and MFR, eliminating roughly 2 of 4 daily flights in each direction.

Even though we were automatically re-accommodated on flights the same day, the new flight schedule made the trip pointless, since we needed to arrive by mid-morning and then return that evening, and the only schedule options remaining had us arriving mid-afternoon, missing the reason we were there (paid tickets to two Oregon Shakespeare Festival events). We had to cancel the flights and give up the tickets.

When I called a CSR, I was told the abrupt change was due to runway work at SEA. I suspect any Horizon flights are at risk right now if they run through SEA if indeed runway work was/is the legit reason.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I think the runway issue is pretty legitimate. Weather will affect an already delayed and overcrowded situation.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
When I called a CSR, I was told the abrupt change was due to runway work at SEA. I suspect any Horizon flights are at risk right now if they run through SEA if indeed runway work was/is the legit reason.
Runway work finished last week, but I remember seeing your post and thinking "that's crappy".
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:39 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Angry AS flyer here. They changed my scheduled plane to from LAX to PDX next week by 10 minutes and made my Mexico connection illegal. Yippee I got an extra 2 hour wait in LAX courtesy of the idiots in charge of scheduling. So unhappy. P.S. No notification of the time change from AS. Did I mention I am unhappy. Thanks for listening to my vent.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
AS has been having a lot of schedule changes recently. Lots of little things. I do have a lot of outstanding reservations...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
AS has been having a lot of schedule changes recently. Lots of little things. I do have a lot of outstanding reservations...
According to you, almost every reservation you've ever had on AS has been outstanding. Although you have been known to slightly complain from time to time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.