Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite (EQM) Buy-Up Offers for 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Looks like my wife got a great bargain offer: 1000 EQM for just $225 or 22,500 miles.

The funny thing is that the email offering this deal came just hours after another one congratulating her to renewing her status...
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
That's a much better deal than AA is offering me... $995 for the 3000 EQMs I need. (Already have the EQDs). I want to tell AA I can book the flights I need for the miles for $250 and I would be willing to sell back my seat/fuel for not taking the flight for a portion of that .
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I just got this as well. I am hours away from going on my last trip that'll get me to Gold. I got a ridiculous fare to JFK (for less than $250 I believe) and they want me to buy Gold Status for $1,099.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm offended. I didn't get the offer.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Honestly I'd consider it if necessary. My time has value and riding in back for 10-12 hours in addition to the greater irritation factor of holiday travel - no thanks.
pbelmore likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
I have 5600 miles to go before MVPG requal and I just received the offer. 6000 EQMs for $1200 cash or 120,000 miles.

Luckily I have a 5700 mile trip next week
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Looks like my wife got a great bargain offer: 1000 EQM for just $225 or 22,500 miles.

The funny thing is that the email offering this deal came just hours after another one congratulating her to renewing her status...
same with me. It is curious that the amounts differ with others offers. Perhaps, achieving the different levels corresponds with the costs. My offer was for MPV.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by pcoll

same with me. It is curious that the amounts differ with others offers. Perhaps, achieving the different levels corresponds with the costs. My offer was for MPV.

My wife’s level is MPV as well. Seems reasonable that they would ask for more to get to the more valuable levels.

Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Me either. I'm 7K away from MVPG, with 2.2K miles booked and expect to have one more LAX-BOS RT. One potential problem is the timing might make it so it's better to do one leg on another airline, so it might be worth it to me to get an offer to buy a few K eqm.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
Me either. I'm 7K away from MVPG, with 2.2K miles booked and expect to have one more LAX-BOS RT. One potential problem is the timing might make it so it's better to do one leg on another airline, so it might be worth it to me to get an offer to buy a few K eqm.
I have travel booked that will get me to 40k, but I'm currently at around 35k (and waiting for another 1.5k to post). I'm surprised that I didn't get an offer since others on this thread have indicated that they got offers even though they have enough travel already booked to reach the milestone.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I have travel booked that will get me to 40k, but I'm currently at around 35k (and waiting for another 1.5k to post). I'm surprised that I didn't get an offer since others on this thread have indicated that they got offers even though they have enough travel already booked to reach the milestone.
No offer for me or my wife. I’m about 9k away from Gold (will pick it up over the next week) and she’s about 300 miles away from MVP. In a way not getting an offer might work out better. I was planning to call Mileage Plan later and see if they’d bump her up. If not, just requalify the hard way next year (and since she rarely travels by herself, won’t really be that hard at all).
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Sad AS.
Finkface likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Sad AS.
Indeed
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Sad AS.
More like pathetic. I'll make 75K flying on 12/26 (ironically, going to Vegas), so won't need to take advantage of this generous offer. I'm not sure I would if I needed to. Just not seeing the benefits in it for me. It's tough when your favorite airline gets taken over by accountants. Hell, they have even reduced the size of the nut dishes in F. Probably saving a good 2 cents per serving.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Is the offer targeted to those that are short of "re-qualifying" for their current tier? I don't believe it is targeted to those that have never held the status before, like yourself.

James
Eastbay1K and pbelmore like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.