Elite Recognition and Free Chocolate

Old Dec 26, 18, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by KevPNW View Post
It feels random for me. I was seated in PC during my last flight (ORD-SEA) and was given the chocolate + free drink, and was thanked along with the two passengers next to me for being MVPG. The two flights prior to that, I was given a free drink with no chocolate or acknowledgment while seated in the exit row.
That sounds like the policy being followed all 3 times?
williwaw likes this.
Old Dec 27, 18, 12:21 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Sorry, what I should have said was I was never verbally offered the chocolate or free beverage in the exit row, nor did the flight attendant thank me for my status. Both times, I ordered a beverage with alcohol, they made it and checked it devices (where I'm guessing they saw my status) and then handed me the drink and moved on. Other times, I've been thanked and asked if I wanted the chocolate or drink. Doesn't bother me as long as I get my free drink.
Old Jan 17, 19, 12:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM, New Sagaya
Just a data point: HNL-PDX today I was in PC. Greeted and thanked and handed a chocolate right away, then asked what I want to drink.
Old Jan 17, 19, 1:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by williwaw View Post
Just a data point: HNL-PDX today I was in PC. Greeted and thanked and handed a chocolate right away, then asked what I want to drink.
My experience as well on ANC-HNL last month. As a 75K an entertainment tablet accompanied it.

James
Old Jan 17, 19, 6:03 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AB Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Flew a transcon, probably DC to SFO or NYC to SFO/LAX (Cant remember) in F, and towards the middle of the flight I asked the great flight attendant if there was anything sweet. Told me Y was sold out of snackboxes but he would hunt down the MVP chocolate. First time in years of flying that I have been given the chocolate. I have only flown two flights in Y on Alaska ever, so my question is chocolate only given to 75Kers flying in Y or PC?
Old Jan 17, 19, 9:58 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold75k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Quinlanty View Post
Flew a transcon, probably DC to SFO or NYC to SFO/LAX (Cant remember) in F, and towards the middle of the flight I asked the great flight attendant if there was anything sweet. Told me Y was sold out of snackboxes but he would hunt down the MVP chocolate. First time in years of flying that I have been given the chocolate. I have only flown two flights in Y on Alaska ever, so my question is chocolate only given to 75Kers flying in Y or PC?

When the chocolates were first given out, they were a thank you for the 75ks and MVPGs that did not get upgraded and did not want to have the "free drink on us". It has become very sporadic lately as to whether or not you get the chocolate. Sometimes you can have both a drink and chocolate, depending on the FA. In FC each passenger gets a chocolate at the end of flight or on their meal plate. Last night our FA had forgotten it and passed them out as we deplaned.
Old Jan 17, 19, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Quinlanty View Post
Have never received it when flying in F. Almost always receive it when in Y as a Gold during first bev service with a thank you for my loyalty.
Old Jan 17, 19, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by ctporter View Post
When the chocolates were first given out, they were a thank you for the 75ks and MVPGs that did not get upgraded and did not want to have the "free drink on us". It has become very sporadic lately as to whether or not you get the chocolate. Sometimes you can have both a drink and chocolate, depending on the FA. In FC each passenger gets a chocolate at the end of flight or on their meal plate. Last night our FA had forgotten it and passed them out as we deplaned.
Just to clarify, the "chocolate" in F and the "chocolate" in Y are different - F gets one Seattle Chocolates truffle (flavors vary, last time I got a dark chocolate w sea salt) and Y gets a small Jco (Seattle Chocolates premium brand) bar (typically Bali Sea Salt Toffee).
Old Jan 17, 19, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I never have gotten a chocolate in F, and not often in coach either.. The only place I consistently get a chocolate and recognition is aboard QX flights.
Old Jan 17, 19, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, NEXUS, Mooney driver
5 flights on QX this month so far. No chocolate, but don't care too much as the crew has been awesome regardless.
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus View Post
I never have gotten a chocolate in F, and not often in coach either.. The only place I consistently get a chocolate and recognition is aboard QX flights.
The chocolates aren't meant for those in F. They or a comp cocktail are for those in Coach as an acknowledgement of their status and lack of an upgrade... at least, that's the intent of the program.
T2A likes this.
Old Jan 17, 19, 6:29 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 75K
Originally Posted by AS Flyer View Post
The chocolates aren't meant for those in F. They or a comp cocktail are for those in Coach as an acknowledgement of their status and lack of an upgrade... at least, that's the intent of the program.
If you are in a premium plus seat than why is it an either or situation. The “drinks” in premium plus should be complimentary regardless and thus you should always be offered the chocolate if sitting in a premium plus seat.
Old Jan 17, 19, 8:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post
If you are in a premium plus seat than why is it an either or situation. The “drinks” in premium plus should be complimentary regardless and thus you should always be offered the chocolate if sitting in a premium plus seat.
And in my experience, they do!
Old Jan 17, 19, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post
yeah, for sure. Golds in Premium get the chocolate and a drink - as an acknowledgement that they didn't get the upgrade.
T2A likes this.
Old Jan 18, 19, 12:47 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Got the chocolate and German thanks on both flights today as gold.

I'm hoping they change the chocolate flavor at least, since I don't love the toffee milk chocolate...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: