Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refurbished 737-700 N619AS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Refurbished 737-700 N619AS

Question: I read in another thread that AS has refurbished 737-700 N619AS with new First/Economy Class seating, lighting and bulkheads. The post had minimal photos (at best). Does anyone have more photos OR even flown on the refurbished aircraft? Thank you in advance ... ASMan
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Flew on a 700 Saturday... I did not get lucky and ended up with the standard configuration...
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
According to the Weebly site, two other birds have been completed. The Timbers bird was apparently supposed to fly back today but didn't.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by jinglish
According to the Weebly site, two other birds have been completed. The Timbers bird was apparently supposed to fly back today but didn't.
Getting it ready for the MLS playoffs.... #RCTID
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:29 pm

Here’s a couple I recently found online! Here’s a couple I recently found online! Unclear from the pictures whether the ceiling lights can also be turned blue, or if it's just the sidewall lighting. Overall, a nice refresh that definitely helps make these aging airplanes look more modern. I'm excited to see the new interior on the MAX and NEO in the months ahead

rustykettel and Mauibaby2008 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Shame we've lost the colorful patterned carpet on the bulkheads. I always thought that added a warm touch to the cabin.

That said, I'll be logging my 1,999th flight aboard a 737 tomorrow aboard a 737-700.

I'll send along an update if it is refurbished.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Doesn’t quite look like “Alaska” without the pattern, but looks nice! Can’t wait to have a headrest that stays raised.
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Shame we've lost the colorful patterned carpet on the bulkheads. I always thought that added a warm touch to the cabin.

That said, I'll be logging my 1,999th flight aboard a 737 tomorrow aboard a 737-700.

I'll send along an update if it is refurbished.
Any chance your 2000th is close to Boston?

One more I didn't post. The only pocket that may fit something.

Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing

One more I didn't post. The only pocket that may fit something.
Like a bergillion crumbs and some pocket lint? Or is AS trying to collect misplaced pocket change and other forgotten personal items to sell on the open market (to pad the Saver fare revenue)?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by CDKing
Thanks for the great photos! Ship 622 is the -700 I'm on tomorrow.

My 2000th 737 flight will also be tomorrow between Anchorage and Seattle.

I've been asked if I've ever alerted Alaska to this and the answer is no. I can't imagine why they would even care. More likely their response would be something along the lines of "That's nice" (Whispered aside - "Try to keep him calm!") My two millionth mile on a 737 will be coming up early next year. At present I stand at 1,967,180 miles.

Back on topic, I should imagine we'll start a wiki-type list with the newly reconfigured aircraft. I look forward to adding to it.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:11 am

So does the F seat have an actual legrest or not? I see the fold down footrest on the seat in front. On slide 7 of the 2018 3Q Investor Presentation, they show a passenger comfortably reclining with their legs supported.

https://alaskaairgroupinc.gcs-web.co...d-bbfd7d55c6be
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Thank you ALL for the photos, I can't get a clear picture if they have the leg rest (besides the fold down footrest) as shown before. Thank you for the link sltyamusd. All my internet searches only show photos we've all seen before. Please, keep the photos coming! .raying AS actually kept to their word and the seats have leg rests:.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but do Y seats still have 110 V power? Only the USB port is visible.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'd appreciate a report if the F overhead bins have been extended so that bags will fit lengthwise. I've not been in a 73G in at least a couple of years, but Rows 1 and 2 were particularly troublesome in the overhead department.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sturges
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but do Y seats still have 110 V power? Only the USB port is visible.
I should imagine they do as Alaska would be at a competitive disadvantage in today's environment if they didn't.

Kinda like hotels offering budget rooms without sheets...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.