How long does it take SQ to credit AS?

Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Five Star
How long does it take SQ to credit AS?

Hello;

Anyone have any experience on how long it takes Singapore Air flights to show up in my Mileage Plan account? I took a flight (P class) first week of November and waiting for it to credit so I show as MVPG prior to cancelling a flight next week (and avoiding the change fee).

UPDATE: Either by coincidence or because I emailed AS last night, I showed credit for the flight as of this am, which ticks me over to MVPG again (hello again, lover). But I still show MVP status. Perhaps that clears in 24 hours.

Last edited by mh3c; Nov 28, 2018 at 12:23 pm Reason: Added update
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by mh3c
Hello;

Anyone have any experience on how long it takes Singapore Air flights to show up in my Mileage Plan account? I took a flight (P class) first week of November and waiting for it to credit so I show as MVPG prior to cancelling a flight next week (and avoiding the change fee).
In case your SQ flight doesn't post in time, you can cancel you AS reservation and select Email the Ticket Numbers. Once your MVPG-qualifying flight posts, you can deposit those ticket numbers to your Wallet for free and get the retained value added to your account.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:16 pm

I flew Singapore on November 11 and it posted by the 20th.
Since it's been 14 days, you can manually request credit by emailing in the boarding pass and ticket receipt (and you may need to given that it's been so long).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
With partner travel, if it doesn't post within 14 days I always immediately file a request online on day 15.
If you haven't done that yet - I'd start with that. If its getting close, you could try calling customer service to see if they can help. If they cannot, could try sturges recommendation, but I've never tried cancelling that way.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Yes, file immediately.
My SQ flight in October posted on the seventh day.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I recently flew an SQ D fare. The outbound did not post, and I had to email for credit. AS fixed it immediately (within 24 hours). The return posted seven days after the flight.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I had the same question.... flew SQ last Sunday, I actually already tried to claim it and was told to wait till 14+ days, which I see here is the minimum for partner retro claims.
I'll check again and update here when/if it posts!
Thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I had the same question.... flew SQ last Sunday, I actually already tried to claim it and was told to wait till 14+ days, which I see here is the minimum for partner retro claims.
Thanks.
Waited three weeks before emailing with receipt and boarding pass (only one required even if a multi-segment itin). Got full credit within ~24hours of emailing. MVP status updated (that was lost on Dec 31) the following day.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Adding a data point. Mine posted automatically and within 3 business days (+ a weekend and holiday)

Flight Thursday 1/17/19 EWR-SIN posted Tuesday 1/22/19.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Thanks.
Forgot to post here-- flew 12/30, it posted on 1/9, with some public holidays and a weekend in there. I did send in a copy of BPs etc but I think it would have posted anyway (?). Just be sure to keep your BPs!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
We flew SQ AMD-SIN-EWR Jan. 17-18 and it's all in our accounts as of this morning, Jan. 22. ^
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fredd
We flew SQ AMD-SIN-EWR Jan. 17-18 and it's all in our accounts as of this morning, Jan. 22. ^
Long flight. How was it? Too bad SQ doesn't accrue any EQM COS Bonus for discounted business class. What fare bucket were you booked into?

James
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Long flight. How was it? Too bad SQ doesn't accrue any EQM COS Bonus for discounted business class. What fare bucket were you booked into?

James
We really enjoyed everything about the flight, even the seats that get decidedly mixed reviews, and would happily hop on board again.

We were booked into D and for our $1,300 fare on both legs we earned 12,114 qualifying miles, with a total including bonus of 39,370 miles added to our accounts, a nice start to 2019.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

James
Discounted Business doesn't earn a Class of Service bonus, but the lowest SQ business fare class that Alaska awards miles on (D) earns an additional bonus of 100%. So, double miles. These, however, won't add towards MVP qualification.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Fredd
We really enjoyed everything about the flight, even the seats that get decidedly mixed reviews, and would happily hop on board again.

We were booked into D and for our $1,300 fare on both legs we earned 12,114 qualifying miles, with a total including bonus of 39,370 miles added to our accounts, a nice start to 2019.
The did look cramped (except bulkhead) when i took the walk of shame back to premium. Solo seat wasn't too bad but my feet didn't have a lot of room to stretch out due to all the stuff under the seat in front. I gave up the solo for an empty section of 4, too bad the armrests don't go up but gives better shoulder room. Not bad when you have the whole row to yourself. I preferred the AA bulkhead window Y+ seat on 787. I should have made the trip to the front to see if the bulkhead seat has a real footrest or not as the bicycle style were a waste of space.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.