Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Posting Very Quickly

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Mileage Posting Very Quickly

Haven’t seen this before but I landed this morning at 5:30am and when I went to check the app for my 10:00am flight I noticed the miles from my redeye posted to my account already. They posted within an hour of arriving. My trip Tuesday of this week took the usually three days to post. Just a surprise!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by williwaw
Haven’t seen this before but I landed this morning at 5:30am and when I went to check the app for my 10:00am flight I noticed the miles from my redeye posted to my account already. They posted within an hour of arriving. My trip Tuesday of this week took the usually three days to post. Just a surprise!
That is very quick. Was the 10:00 am flight on the same PNR?

James
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
They were doing some sort of mileage system maintenance. Wondering if this is new.

I have 2 flights from yesterday that didn't post though, so it could be a fluke.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Different record!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
From my experience, miles have been posting in batches on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons. I think by taking a Friday red eye, you probably got in right under the cutoff for the Saturday batch.

Cant offer any reason that your Tuesday flight wasn’t posted on Wednesday, though. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
My Sunday flight posted on Thursday and my Thursday flight posted Sunday morning. Strange.
JPat likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Must’ve been a one off fluke. Flight yesterday didn’t post as quick. Maybe that maintenance period caused it?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
AS MP posting is really slow compared to DL, UA, and even AA and they don't even have to do any silly EQD/MQD fakery
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
I'm always surprised by how messy EQM posting is with AS. I have flights from three weeks ago that still haven't posted, yet a flight from five days ago that has already posted. About 2/10 times I have to call in because a flight got "lost in the system".
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by williwaw
Flight yesterday didn’t post as quick.
Strange...I was on an AS flight last night. It posted within a few hours of landing. Was really surprised since it usually took about six days. Who knows, maybe there's a new system?
williwaw likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Flight Sat and flight Sun and not posted here. Not a huge deal for me at least to have to wait a few days, but DL and seem to recall UA post almost instant after arrival
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:47 am

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
Super quick mileage posting

I flew SEA-SNA on Sunday (4/21) and SNA-SEA yesterday (4/25), and both flights posted to my account within just a couple hours of the plane landing. When I saw it happen on Sunday, I thought it was a fluke, and that maybe my flight had just made it into a normal Sunday batch covering the previous few days. But with it happening again yesterday, I'm wondering if the posting process has finally been (significantly) sped up.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Red L
I flew SEA-SNA on Sunday (4/21) and SNA-SEA yesterday (4/25), and both flights posted to my account within just a couple hours of the plane landing. When I saw it happen on Sunday, I thought it was a fluke, and that maybe my flight had just made it into a normal Sunday batch covering the previous few days. But with it happening again yesterday, I'm wondering if the posting process has finally been (significantly) sped up.
I took two flights on Saturday 4/20 and they didn't post until Wednesday evening.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I took a flight at 1 pm last Friday, it posted at 8 pm the same day! And yes I am anal and was watching for it to posts.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Miles have not posted yet for my PDX-AUS flight yesterday, which is not too surprising. Based on the huge dataset in this thread I think we can reasonably conclude that AS miles post instantaneously for SEA flyers and in the distant future for those of us at PDX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.